I'm going to try herbal supplements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2011, 06:49 PM

RE: I'm going to try herbal supplements
(12-03-2011 03:07 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  I agree with BnW, it looks more like lyme disease than Hyperthyroidism to me..

I don't think Lyme Disease explains the sudden onset of Canker sores.

Symptoms of Lyme Disease

* The Tick Bite (fewer than 50% recall a tick bite or get/see the rash)

1. Rash at site of bite
2. Rashes on other parts of your body
3. Rash basically circular, oval and spreading out (more generalized)
4. Raised rash, disappearing and recurring * Head, Face, Neck

5. Unexplained hair loss
6. Headache, mild or severe, Seizures
7. Pressure in head, white matter lesions in brain (MRI)
8. Twitching of facial or other muscles
9. Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy, Horner's syndrome)
10. Tingling of nose, (tip of) tongue, cheek or facial flushing
11. Stiff or painful neck
12. Jaw pain or stiffness
13. Dental problems (unexplained)
14. Sore throat, clearing throat a lot, phlegm ( flem ), hoarseness, runny nose
**Lyme disease can cause abnormalities in the skin, joints, heart, and nervous system.

Unless there was an issue with Shingles or Herpes before and it's now aggravated by Lyme's or without prior symptomology for Herpes arising because it was dormant.

I'd absolutely get to a Doctor and ask for a full blood panel, just to be sure. I'd pull out all stops, including testing myself for HIV.
One thing for certain, arm chair doctoring on a forum isn't going to help. You can spend a fortune on herbs and supplements hoping to hit the target of what's going on, but until you know for sure that method of addressing your present symptoms is far more expensive than going to a doctor and getting it right through proper labs.

Hypothyroidism Symptoms
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2011, 06:53 PM

None of you are doctors with medical training?

Not even a doctor could make a medical diagnosis over a forum.
12-03-2011, 07:03 PM
My advice talk to a doctor or several if you're unsure about just one of them.
Alternative medicine has repeatedly failed to live up to the claims it makes often being supported by anecdotal evidence or a faith-based position.
Conventional medicine has a bias towards pharmaceutical companies that have tried to get doctors to push their products and have conducted research of drugs in third world countries

Here are some videos on the topic :
http://www.youtube.com/user/c0nc0rdance#...8mFHho24Jg
http://www.youtube.com/user/c0nc0rdance#...tU_hmdPpOk

http://www.youtube.com/user/c0nc0rdance#...8XYUixuw8g
http://www.youtube.com/user/c0nc0rdance#...975xKbLm4k

And if you're unsure about a treatment or drug , look it up :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
http://www.bmj.com/

My advice can be summed up thusly - look at evidence and take advice from experts in the field that can quote randomized double-blind trials to back up their recommendation of a treatment.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2011, 08:30 PM
(12-03-2011 03:07 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  I agree with BnW, it looks more like lyme disease than Hyperthyroidism to me..

I have no idea what Hyperthyroidism even looks like so can't be agreeing with me that it's one vs. the other. I don't even know if it sounds like Lyme's Disease, I just recognize some of the symptoms as being similar to Lyme's Disease.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
12-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Very often, the most difficult part of dealing with an illness is getting an accurate diagnosis. I'd recommend focusing on this before starting any regimen, herbal or otherwise. I understand that you are having a hard time finding a doctor that can help you, but keep looking. In the meantime, just maintain the healthy lifestyle to the best of your ability. Like others have mentioned, some herbal remedies could prove to do more harm than good depending on what's really going on.

...and just for the record, I managed to come up with a half dozen possible maladies based on your symptoms. Remember that everyone here is mentioning possible diagnosis. I doubt anyone is suggesting that they know what's wrong. That's for a doctor to determine.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
12-03-2011, 09:40 PM
I've been like that ever since I was dismissed from the Army, minus the canker sores (though I've never heard of them).

The most effective herb I've been using is Tea. Just common Assam/English Breakfast Tea.

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2011, 01:16 AM
(12-03-2011 08:30 PM)BnW Wrote:  

I have no idea what Hyperthyroidism even looks like so can't be agreeing with me that it's one vs. the other. I don't even know if it sounds like Lyme's Disease, I just recognize some of the symptoms as being similar to Lyme's Disease.

I was agreeing with you that it seemed like Lyme disease, and also i said it seemed more likely to be lyme disease than hyperthyroidism to me - two seperate statements...
Bear in mind I don't have anything even close to medical experience, don't take what I say as gospel...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
13-03-2011, 02:58 AM

I am now using GNC's women's vitamins and extra b-12 supplements. I also ate a protein bar today.

HUGE difference, biggest one is that I'm no longer tired. I almost feel like crying, I never knew how horrible I felt until I stopped feeling horrible! And believe me I really felt horrible. Dunno if it's the special vitamins or the b-12 though lol.
13-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Well, women's multivitamins tend to be basically the same on most things changing the amount of zinc some. Feeling happy probably is a vitamin D thing. B helps with some of the muscle pains and possibly the migraines not always. Be careful with protein bars as they often don't have much of anything and your real desire in a bar is fiber. Fiber is a very important thing for your body to have.

Also hopefully that's not all you ate.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
13-03-2011, 12:47 PM

(13-03-2011 02:58 AM)Diclonius Wrote:  I am now using GNC's women's vitamins and extra b-12 supplements. I also ate a protein bar today.

HUGE difference, biggest one is that I'm no longer tired. I almost feel like crying, I never knew how horrible I felt until I stopped feeling horrible! And believe me I really felt horrible. Dunno if it's the special vitamins or the b-12 though lol.

B-12 does that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Onnit supplements: real science, or woo? Smercury44 10 747 26-12-2013 04:47 PM
Last Post: cheapthrillseaker
  Do you take vitamins and other supplements? dancefortwo 63 2,883 02-10-2013 12:23 AM
Last Post: MazendaLee