I'm gonna be a test subject tonight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2017, 10:57 AM
RE: I'm gonna be a test subject tonight.
I totally agree that these people are more of a sound board than an all-knowing being.

The tarot is the quicky version for psychics because you just have to read the cards, throw out some positive feeling about 'you're having trouble in the first card, but here at the end, it's all resolved and looks good'. Then people walk away and feel better and affirmed. How 'good' the psychic is is dependant on how well they can cold read and guide their wording in a more accurate way with their buzz words.

Last night this was at a busy coffee shop. The psychic was in the corner and you have to walk behind red velvety curtains, which surround the table. He did first state that he is not a doctor or responsible for anything said or revealed. He rang a bell that rang forever. (like 43sec). He began by saying I don't have to believe but right now this is happening, it is fate and the universe is coming in to interpret (or something like that).

Then I was asked to write an open ended question on a paper and it was put into an envelope and placed under the bell.

Somehow he knew the cards I pulled before flipping them over. That's a bonus from other tarots I've had read. :thumbs:

He interpreted my situation beautifully and gave me a time line when it'll all be done, he even provided specific buzzwords that were aqurate. So I guess I'm left with no wow moment or specific insight, really, but it truly felt like he knew what was on my mind. I could see how this can be convincing to a non-skeptic. It was entertaining.

I had to be a part of a discussion and do some questions and survey before and after, my friends paper should be interesting.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
09-11-2017, 12:28 PM
(08-11-2017 03:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I take anti-psychic meds.

Prescription or self-medication?

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
09-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Where I live it's not uncommon to see psychic storefronts with large ads out in front. I wonder which member of TTA would have the farthest journey to get an in person psychic reading.

09-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Forget all the personal crap, like "A tall hansome man will enter your life." Who cares about that crap. Ask the psychic for the next lottery winning numbers. Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-11-2017, 07:45 PM
6 36 33 63 84 7,643

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
10-11-2017, 12:04 AM
(09-11-2017 07:45 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  6 36 33 63 84 7,643

I note that you did NOT ask the psychic which lottery it was.

"Yes, that was the next drawing after you asked, one-point-forty-one seconds later, in the city of Kagl on the planet Dagh."

"Uh..."

".... psychic powers are faster than light and deal in objective time, dearie."

"UH...."
10-11-2017, 04:30 AM
(09-11-2017 07:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Forget all the personal crap, like "A tall hansome man will enter your life." Who cares about that crap. Ask the psychic for the next lottery winning numbers. Yes

"That's not how my gift works" is probably the answer you would get. Drinking Beverage

Again, it is garbage. Clever garbage at times, but still garbage. But, some people seem to need it in their lives to get by, for them to "know" a loved one who has died is somehow living on and that they are ok, or that their life will change in a positive manner soon.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2017, 06:13 AM
(09-11-2017 10:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I totally agree that these people are more of a sound board than an all-knowing being.

The tarot is the quicky version for psychics because you just have to read the cards, throw out some positive feeling about 'you're having trouble in the first card, but here at the end, it's all resolved and looks good'. Then people walk away and feel better and affirmed. How 'good' the psychic is is dependant on how well they can cold read and guide their wording in a more accurate way with their buzz words.

Last night this was at a busy coffee shop. The psychic was in the corner and you have to walk behind red velvety curtains, which surround the table. He did first state that he is not a doctor or responsible for anything said or revealed. He rang a bell that rang forever. (like 43sec). He began by saying I don't have to believe but right now this is happening, it is fate and the universe is coming in to interpret (or something like that).

Then I was asked to write an open ended question on a paper and it was put into an envelope and placed under the bell.

Somehow he knew the cards I pulled before flipping them over. That's a bonus from other tarots I've had read. :thumbs:

He interpreted my situation beautifully and gave me a time line when it'll all be done, he even provided specific buzzwords that were aqurate. So I guess I'm left with no wow moment or specific insight, really, but it truly felt like he knew what was on my mind. I could see how this can be convincing to a non-skeptic. It was entertaining.

I had to be a part of a discussion and do some questions and survey before and after, my friends paper should be interesting.

Yeah, it's all rather harmless until they start ripping off vulnerable people:

Local Psychic Reader Arrested For Scamming Customers

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-11-2017, 01:35 PM
(10-11-2017 06:13 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 10:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I totally agree that these people are more of a sound board than an all-knowing being.

Yeah, it's all rather harmless until they start ripping off vulnerable people:

Local Psychic Reader Arrested For Scamming Customers

Yup!

My aunt is on a waiting list for one that charges a lotta money! This psychic sells the *good* snake oil.
10-11-2017, 01:42 PM
(09-11-2017 07:38 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Where I live it's not uncommon to see psychic storefronts with large ads out in front. I wonder which member of TTA would have the farthest journey to get an in person psychic reading.

I got like 3 within walking distance but they're all fronts for whore houses. I didn't think there were any that aren't fronts for whore houses.

#sigh