I'm happy with Mystic Agnosticism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2015, 07:45 PM
I'm happy with Mystic Agnosticism
I've been roughly Agnostic and seeking out god for a long time. I figured it was just what people said they were doing so I gave it a spin. But what I find is that where they say they found the highest life form. I only saw something outside there understanding.

So I simply believe in a mystic "force" that humans can't use. A kind of force that is rough to measure if even possible. A force that doesn't want to "know" humans. But rather interact is a non personal way. An agnostic way.

So yes I believe in some things that some others might call "wacko" but I don't build on it much. I know its like building on sand. I don't have a "relationship" with a mystic force. So it would be like buying a housing in a place I've never heard of.

I'd like to make the acquaintance of open minded thinking atheists/agnostics here.

I'm naturally so cool I'm mentally sick. Like I'm really freaking deep into the epic and nerd out like crazy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2015, 07:56 PM
RE: I'm happy with Mystic Agnosticism
I hit that phase for a minute in my own search for meaning. My problem was that I was already too far down the rabbit hole to settle. Sure, it might be so, but what does that actually mean for me and my intellectual need for closure?

Not much. So I remain a skeptic until better evidence is presented. I'm not closed to the idea, nor am I against it, I just don't need it and have found that life makes much more sense without applying unexplainable supernatural forces to try to explain it all. I'm okay with "I don't know".

Welcome to our little corner of existence. Hope you have a good time. I have. Smile

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
22-08-2015, 09:09 PM
(22-08-2015 07:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I hit that phase for a minute in my own search for meaning. My problem was that I was already too far down the rabbit hole to settle. Sure, it might be so, but what does that actually mean for me and my intellectual need for closure?

Not much. So I remain a skeptic until better evidence is presented. I'm not closed to the idea, nor am I against it, I just don't need it and have found that life makes much more sense without applying unexplainable supernatural forces to try to explain it all. I'm okay with "I don't know".

Welcome to our little corner of existence. Hope you have a good time. I have. Smile

I don't like using it to explain hardly anything. Most of the time I can settle on the simple logic that people with eidetic memory and genius IQ's are great at planning everything for us. And that God is just an inspirational figure on there walls. In fact I hate to spend so much as $1 on a "spiritual" rock unless I first realize that it satiates my base brains desire to have tool making resources near me at all times. The fact is that human's evolved around environments that don't resemble ours in the slightest. We need a bit of practical tools near us if our brains are to function at higher levels. Otherwise its just random guess work in advancing our brains.

I keep a $20 titanium ring on my desk I slide on every once in a while to remind myself of what age we live in. Where my brain considers its self better off for having high end resources. Science has proven humans can gain serotonin production by having enough stuff that meets simplistic criteria. Hording cases excluded of course.
22-08-2015, 09:19 PM
(22-08-2015 09:09 PM)magic matt Wrote:  Science has proven humans can gain serotonin production by having enough stuff that meets simplistic criteria.

SSRI's almost killed me with serotonin syndrome. I need more dopamine, not more serotonin. More serotonin will kill me.

#sigh
22-08-2015, 09:19 PM
(22-08-2015 07:45 PM)magic matt Wrote:  I've been roughly Agnostic and seeking out god for a long time. I figured it was just what people said they were doing so I gave it a spin. But what I find is that where they say they found the highest life form. I only saw something outside there understanding.

So I simply believe in a mystic "force" that humans can't use. A kind of force that is rough to measure if even possible. A force that doesn't want to "know" humans. But rather interact is a non personal way. An agnostic way.

So yes I believe in some things that some others might call "wacko" but I don't build on it much. I know its like building on sand. I don't have a "relationship" with a mystic force. So it would be like buying a housing in a place I've never heard of.

I'd like to make the acquaintance of open minded thinking atheists/agnostics here.

I'm naturally so cool I'm mentally sick. Like I'm really freaking deep into the epic and nerd out like crazy.

[Image: star_wars_may_the_force_be_with_you_by_b...7h6lwf.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
22-08-2015, 09:27 PM
(22-08-2015 07:45 PM)magic matt Wrote:  I'm naturally so cool I'm mentally sick. Like I'm really freaking deep into the epic and nerd out like crazy.

what do these words even mean

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 8 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-08-2015, 09:57 PM
(22-08-2015 07:45 PM)magic matt Wrote:  I've been roughly Agnostic and seeking out god for a long time. I figured it was just what people said they were doing so I gave it a spin. But what I find is that where they say they found the highest life form. I only saw something outside there understanding.

Your evidence for any of this is...what exactly?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-08-2015, 10:08 PM
(22-08-2015 09:27 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 07:45 PM)magic matt Wrote:  I'm naturally so cool I'm mentally sick. Like I'm really freaking deep into the epic and nerd out like crazy.

what do these words even mean

Well the term "sick" implies at times of use that something is so cool that it got a cold. So not its "sick" and the rest means I'm really into cool things. Like religiously into cool things. It actually doesn't have much structure to it. Its just something I said to emphasis that I'm religious about cool things.
22-08-2015, 10:14 PM
(22-08-2015 10:08 PM)magic matt Wrote:  I'm religious about cool things.

Like ice creams?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-08-2015, 10:41 PM
(22-08-2015 09:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

Your evidence for any of this is...what exactly?

I don't think you understand. By the logic of "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" And "basic claims require basic evidence" I'm not investing much into it. I don't have any leaders at all. And only spend money on things that can be used for another purpose.

I don't have proof of any "force" Other than the claim that any "force" would be so far beyond human understanding that I "believe" that it "wouldn't" want a personal relationship with us.

I've not made the claim that I can predict things with this theory. Therefore I'm not bound to produce evidence. And in case you didn't know, there are a lot of theories that get past hypothesis stage simply because they didn't make big claims. However, I've never been able to get along with closed minded atheists before as they tend to have never heard of the things that make me a valued human. I naturally am able to think of counter possibilities of any structured concept much easier than most people. Which is why I was never able to develop well within an evangelical church. I don't have the "intelligence" to predict that Christianity is wrong from my Christian home schooled perspective. which would be a lot required as I did say "home schooled". And no one in my life ever reached out to me to convert me to "alternative views" I'm just naturally brilliant at thinking outside the box. Which got me held back at home schooling by pissing off Christian home school group teachers into punishing me for "doubt" which was actually just how my brain works.

I have Aspergers disorder and don't conform easily. My child hood was tormented by stay at home mom's that spank kids in the name of "God"... Some spanking sessions would go on for hundreds of spankings at a very young age for me. And sadly new age people view me as an "indigo child" because of my different type of brain. So I find a much easier time talking to new age people even though I don't share there gnostic views. The reason I came here was in hopes of finding atheists/agnostics that can see intelligence aside from school based education.

It always seems to be something with automatic argumentative subtext in this community. I just want some healthy discussion rather than debate. Now that is about all I have to say about your three periods that described my problems I've had with the atheist community over the past 5 years. Always the same thing that drives me away it seems...