I'm having my first "manic episode"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Thumbs Down I'm having my first "manic episode"
Please don't answer this post if you know nothing about manic-depression... ain't nobody got time for that!

I'm SO tired...

I'm understanding right now why people fall in love with their mania... I feel like a BOSS all the time while doing questionable things...

I'm not sure if I dreamed or hallucinated last night...

I have the best psychiatrist I could have, and he's helping...

I can't remember when I see him again right now...

I don't want to fall in love with this mania, I want to BEAT it... I want to kick its Censored Censored... ya know?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: I'm having my first "manic episode"
glad to hear you have a great doc.

have you contacted the doctor since this episode started? have you followed the doctors instructions?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
02-04-2014, 09:21 AM
My sweet dear Futile Heart, you will always be FTW to me Wink
You are a smart and wonderful, fun woman. I enjoy you a lot.
You know what you're going through, and what you need to do to make things better. Get some sleep, please. You know I love getting messages from you. I really really do, but it's obvious to me that you haven't slept. Take the medicine that your doctor gave you, lie down, close your eyes, and let yourself sleep. Everything and everyone will still be here waiting for you when you wake. Sleep won't fix your problems, but it will make them easier to deal with. Please do get some rest okay Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
02-04-2014, 09:23 AM
(02-04-2014 09:14 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  glad to hear you have a great doc.

have you contacted the doctor since this episode started? have you followed the doctors instructions?

Yes... Yes
02-04-2014, 09:24 AM
(02-04-2014 09:21 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  My sweet dear Futile Heart, you will always be FTW to me Wink
You are a smart and wonderful, fun woman. I enjoy you a lot.
You know what you're going through, and what you need to do to make things better. Get some sleep, please. You know I love getting messages from you. I really really do, but it's obvious to me that you haven't slept. Take the medicine that your doctor gave you, lie down, close your eyes, and let yourself sleep. Everything and everyone will still be here waiting for you when you wake. Sleep won't fix your problems, but it will make them easier to deal with. Please do get some rest okay Hug
Losty, I'm doing everything I can... you do it, too... we'll feel way better together... OMG... what might happen THEN? Angel
02-04-2014, 02:59 PM
(02-04-2014 08:40 AM)My imaginary friend is GOD Wrote:  Please don't answer this post if you know nothing about manic-depression... ain't nobody got time for that!

I'm SO tired...

I'm understanding right now why people fall in love with their mania... I feel like a BOSS all the time while doing questionable things...

I'm not sure if I dreamed or hallucinated last night...

I have the best psychiatrist I could have, and he's helping...

I can't remember when I see him again right now...

I don't want to fall in love with this mania, I want to BEAT it... I want to kick its Censored Censored... ya know?

I'm not familiar with manic-depression but I do have experience with someone who had psychotic-depression for several months. Get into your psychiatirsts office pronto. Perhaps you need a different medication for a time but just talking to your psychiatirsts will help and please remember there are many friends here who are thinking of you at this time. HugHeart

Keep us posted! Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Awww! I'm sorry you're going through that! It's upsetting when our minds seem to betray us sometimes. Try to get some rest and don't worry about a thing! Just rest up as much as you can, eat/drink well and get through this one! I'm also glad you have a good doctor.

Haz hugz. Hug
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 05:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
I experienced manic depression (don't like bipolar disorder, feels like a euphemism) for years, over a decade. They have much better pharmaceuticals now but back in the day all they had was old-school lithium. It was an effective dampening agent for me, the mania wasn't as manic, the depression wasn't as depressed. Didn't like the mania being dampened but it was the price I had to pay for dampening the depression.

And speaking of imaginary friends being God, check out Mark Dreher. That's the risk of falling in love with mania. Good luck!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-04-2014, 04:43 PM
(02-04-2014 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I suffered from manic depression (don't like bipolar disorder, feels like a euphemism) for years, over a decade. They have much better pharmaceuticals now but back in the day all they had was old-school lithium. It was an effective dampening agent for me, the mania wasn't as manic, the depression wasn't as depressed. Didn't like the mania being dampened but it was the price I had to pay for dampening the depression.

And speaking of imaginary friends being God, check out Mark Dreher. That's the risk of falling in love with mania. Good luck!

Oh wow, I didn't realize he had actually joined this board at one time. ew.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
02-04-2014, 04:51 PM
(02-04-2014 04:43 PM)Charis Wrote:  Oh wow, I didn't realize he had actually joined this board at one time. ew.

I kinda liked him. But I ain't quite right in the head either. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post