I'm having problems believing in evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 12:24 PM
RE: I'm having problems believing in evolution
(12-12-2016 11:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 10:56 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm sorry, but "ICR" stands for "Institution for Cretin Reinforcement." Do get it straight.

I thought it was Incredibly Cornball Ramblings

Let's leave Country and Western music out of this, m'kay?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2016, 12:33 PM
(12-12-2016 12:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 11:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I thought it was Incredibly Cornball Ramblings

Let's leave Country and Western music out of this, m'kay?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2016, 01:25 PM
(08-12-2016 11:56 AM)Ask21771 Wrote:  I want to believe evolution is real but I'm having two major problems

1. All the genetic evidence (from what I know of it) could be explained by common design

2. All the fossils used for evidence could just be fossils of similar now extinct species

Is there anyway to disprove either of my problems

I think it is a good time to ask you a few questions too.

1) You say that you "want to believe evolution is real," why?

2) If you "want to" it suggests you don't currently believe in it. What do you believe in with respect to the diversity and relationships among living organisms?

3) You've been given several well thought out replies and additional subsequent information and sources to help you. Have you begun digging through the literature outside of the responses given here on TTA?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-12-2016, 07:04 PM
After a brief interlude (of several hours), I finished binge-watching his stuff. He seems kinda depressed that he never developed a serious follower-base on YouTube, at the end, though he's quite professional about how he deals with the poor numbers...mainly the mention is in reaction to Creationists who teased him in the comments section about how few subscribers he had. It really is a shame. He made a few scientific mistakes, in a couple of the videos, but he owned up honestly to the corrections people sent him and posted corrections. He put a lot of work into the series, and I feel like his numbers are in no way a reflection of how well he did on those videos.

So I subscribed to his channel. Since YouTube people make their money from subscriptions and likes, I'd like to ask all of you to go click on that video, above, and subscribe to the channel, and click like on a bunch of his videos. That guy deserves it. If nothing else, it'll let him know that TTA's membership saw his work and that we were impressed.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-12-2016, 09:22 PM
I didn't read this whole thread but it's an obvious troll
30-12-2016, 12:11 AM
(08-12-2016 11:56 AM)Ask21771 Wrote:  I want to believe evolution is real but I'm having two major problems

1. All the genetic evidence (from what I know of it) could be explained by common design

2. All the fossils used for evidence could just be fossils of similar now extinct species

Is there anyway to disprove either of my problems

A good thing to do would to get a geology 201 level course book on Historical Geology. The long history of Earth is also the history of life on Earth and paleontology. Over the 3 billion or so years of life on Earth, evolution is hard to avoid as an explanation.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
05-01-2017, 01:23 AM
(11-12-2016 06:10 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If you have trouble understanding & accepting scientific observations & conclusions, do you also have trouble understanding how reproduction (baby making), happens ?

"When a daddy bird & a momma bird really like each other...."

Or how about viruses & viral DNA ? Do you think you have a good understanding about that ? I don't, but do understand some of the basic concepts.

I personally find it fascinating that a woman's ability to have a child is due to a bit of DNA from a virus.

Without that, placental mammals wouldn't exist as they do today.

What do you think a human being would look like without all that DNA from viruses over the past few million years ?

How would you even go about designing a modern day human without using viral DNA ?

Just wondering if u could point me in the right direction so I can read up on how a virus cause when to be able to give birth. Thanks you
05-01-2017, 01:33 AM
(05-01-2017 01:23 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Just wondering if u could point me in the right direction so I can read up on how a virus cause when to be able to give birth. Thanks you

Hey purpledaisies! Big Grin

Sorry for dropping late to the thread.

I think what RocketSurgeon76 is saying that there's an aspect to the human cell that only came about because of some interaction between cells way back in the past.

Hope that helps. Also hope some one like RocketSurgeon76 will pop back in and help your understandings. Thumbsup

Hug
05-01-2017, 02:14 AM
I'm here, but I literally don't understand the question. I only speak English and French. Tongue

05-01-2017, 02:25 AM
Thanks because I am a little confused I tried to Google it but not sure if I'm on the right track ?