I'm having problems believing in evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 03:19 AM
RE: I'm having problems believing in evolution
(11-12-2016 09:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Thanks FT. I don't know why you give this guy anything but a neener, I'm sure you could just link to the hundreds of posts elsewhere in the forum that have already dealt with this, but you and others are going the distance and I applaud that.

While Mr. Ask isn't going to be looking into any actual evidence, I'm sure that other guests will and that does make your replies worth making.

I salute you, and apologize for the stupid crap that I will invariably be posting if I revisit this thread.

Why, sir?

You ask me why?!

Sir why would I do anything?

I did it for I was mad with boredom!
ha
hahah
hahahah
mwahahahahahahahaha
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
12-12-2016, 05:38 AM
I think I'll use their dishonest tactics:

I'm having a real problem believing in creationism, could you explain this:

And this:

And this:

And when you're done explaining why creationist seem like a bunch of liars, I'll post another video. In fact, why don't you go through every video on Tony Reed's How Creationism Taught Me Real Science channel and get back to us. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-12-2016, 06:10 AM
(11-12-2016 08:01 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  EITHER ANSWER MY QUESTION OR STAY OFF MY FUCKIN THREAD

It's not your thread you fucking idiot.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
12-12-2016, 06:25 AM
Hey Ask, explain the process by which you were designed.

How does that work ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
12-12-2016, 06:29 AM
(12-12-2016 06:25 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Hey Ask, explain the process by which you were designed.

How does that work ?

God had some leftovers so he took a dick, inflated it, gave it arms and legs and stuck a hat on it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-12-2016, 06:37 AM
(12-12-2016 06:25 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Hey Ask, explain the process by which you were designed.

How does that work ?
Crayons and a brown paper bag,

Prophet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2016, 10:24 AM
(11-12-2016 07:39 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  Then explain this https://www.icr.org/article/5501

Anybody with even half a brain ignores any/all of the absolute bullshit published on the Institute for Creation Research web site. If you're using this sort of pseudo-science in an effort to find answers to your questions, then you're wasting your time and our time.

We're atheists here—a fact which you seem incapable of understanding—so it's hardly likely we're gonna be elaborating on the puerile nonsense spewed by the IfCR.

And this sort of response will get you absolutely nowhere...

Quote:EITHER ANSWER MY QUESTION OR STAY OFF MY FUCKIN THREAD

It makes you sound like a petulant little kid. Hmmm?

Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
12-12-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry, but "ICR" stands for "Institution for Cretin Reinforcement." Do get it straight.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2016, 11:06 AM
(12-12-2016 10:56 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm sorry, but "ICR" stands for "Institution for Cretin Reinforcement." Do get it straight.

I thought it was Incredibly Cornball Ramblings

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-12-2016, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 12:27 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I've been binge-watching the "How Creationism Taught Me Real Science" series on YouTube... he's really good at not only presenting the real science, but showing how the Creationist arguments fail, and all in terms laymen can grasp. That's the part with which I have the hardest time; I try very hard not to lapse into "science-talk", likely losing my audience or (worse) sounding like I'm "trying to win via big words", so to speak.

Thanks for posting that, Inquisition! Smile

Edit to Add: It's giving me some happy flashbacks. I spent a lot of time during college arguing in the Yahoo! Chat chatroom called "Evolution vs. Creationism", and I learned as much from doing the research to disprove their bogus arguments as I did from my professors, in many ways. I had given up my religion when I first realized that my church's Creationist stance was unsubstantiated, and began to learn more, which led to an interest and eventually a major in biology (prompted also by the death of a friend to a horrible virus, which led me to change from my early interest in engineering and aviation into wanting to know more about how viruses infect the genome, thinking it might be a path to a cure). I spent many happy hours "studying" by disassembling the ICR's arguments. In many ways, I can credit the Creationists for my degree.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post