I'm just waiting for this to happen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm just waiting for this to happen.
I teach my kids evolution and that it is correct science; likewise, I teach them God governed it.

My son starts pre-school on Monday. He's attending a church based school. Like most Southern Baptist churches, I'm fairly certain they will be teaching YEC.

I know my son is going to tell his teachers something about the world being billions of years and that theropods turned into birds...

...and God help me... if those teachers tell him that is incorrect, I'm going to blow a gasket.

The correct response should be, "People believe different things about dinosaurs. Ask your parents about what they believe. I believe that God created everything and that evolution doesn't exists"

But, I know this isn't going to happen. They are just going to tell them that the world is young and that God created everything in 6 days.

...ugh... not looking forward to this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2013, 12:28 PM
RE: I'm just waiting for this to happen.
Dodgy

I am uncertain as to whether the school misleading your son is any worse than you doing it.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
17-08-2013, 12:30 PM
(17-08-2013 12:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I teach my kids evolution and that it is correct science; likewise, I teach them God governed it.

I could see how He'd govern the evolution of STDs, because He's certainly obsessed with how the ugly bits are deployed.Evil_monster

However, since death is a big part of evolution, and death supposedly didn't enter the picture until after the Fall in Eden, there's kind of a problem here. Cuz if you buy into billions of years of evolution before humanity came into the picture and blew it in Eden, then you'd have billions of years worth of previously immortal living organisms crowding the earth, with a super-huge die-off right around the time Adam and Eve helped introduce mortality (and thus predation/survival of the fittest) to the mix.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post
17-08-2013, 12:33 PM
(17-08-2013 12:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I teach my kids evolution and that it is correct science; likewise, I teach them God governed it.

My son starts pre-school on Monday. He's attending a church based school. Like most Southern Baptist churches, I'm fairly certain they will be teaching YEC.

I know my son is going to tell his teachers something about the world being billions of years and that theropods turned into birds...

...and God help me... if those teachers tell him that is incorrect, I'm going to blow a gasket.

The correct response should be, "People believe different things about dinosaurs. Ask your parents about what they believe. I believe that God created everything and that evolution doesn't exists"

But, I know this isn't going to happen. They are just going to tell them that the world is young and that God created everything in 6 days.

...ugh... not looking forward to this.

Or you could send him to a non-church school. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
17-08-2013, 01:08 PM
(17-08-2013 12:30 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  

I could see how He'd govern the evolution of STDs, because He's certainly obsessed with how the ugly bits are deployed.Evil_monster

However, since death is a big part of evolution, and death supposedly didn't enter the picture until after the Fall in Eden, there's kind of a problem here. Cuz if you buy into billions of years of evolution before humanity came into the picture and blew it in Eden, then you'd have billions of years worth of previously immortal living organisms crowding the earth, with a super-huge die-off right around the time Adam and Eve helped introduce mortality (and thus predation/survival of the fittest) to the mix.

It's a good rhing I don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve or original sin.

17-08-2013, 01:13 PM
I gotta agree with Chas here.

You know it's coming, you are already setting him up to question who is telling him the truth and who is telling him lies.

Luckily, at the Catholic school I went to, science class was science class, religion wasn't even brought up. It crept into some other subjects but not the sciences, even those taught by brothers and priests.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
17-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Not many non-church pre-k's here.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-08-2013, 01:42 PM
I believe that the Earth evolved from a rabbit turd! And, therefore my children should be taught the rabbit turd theory! So, what the hell am I gonna do?

Some damn literate person is sure to promote some silly ass idea that's not "Rabbit Turd" He'll be scared for life!

I'm asking all you "Rabbit Turd" believers to help! I'm tired of being kicked around and oppressed by the condemned non-believers! Why can't they PROVE that the "Rabbit Turd" theory is wrong!??

If you are a non-believer, you PROVE that the Earth didn't evolve from a rabbit turd! You can't!

I'll prey to the sacred rabbit ass that you find the rabbit path!
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
17-08-2013, 01:42 PM
(17-08-2013 01:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not many non-church pre-k's here.

Seems weird to be paying to give your son a substandard education.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Send the little bugger mixed messages Smile It can but do good. Will develop his curiosity and rational thought processes very well I'm sure. Let him learn to analyze even his teachers opinions for weaknesses. Of course the risk is that the lens might be turned on your Calvinistic butt Wink
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post