I'm just waiting for this to happen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: I'm just waiting for this to happen.
This is way to early for conflicting indoctrination.

You need to find a school that won't screw with the poor kid's head, he's not ready for that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2013, 01:58 PM
(17-08-2013 01:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not many non-church pre-k's here.

Yeah, I went to Assembly of God. Musta been a lackluster unit, because we didn't talk about evolution. We made macaroni art. Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-08-2013, 03:31 PM
(17-08-2013 01:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's a good rhing I don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve or original sin.

Guess this is where we have to ask "which god do you believe in?", as it doesn't appear to be the Xian one.
17-08-2013, 03:40 PM
(17-08-2013 03:31 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 01:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's a good rhing I don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve or original sin.

Guess this is where we have to ask "which god do you believe in?", as it doesn't appear to be the Xian one.

This is a whole different disussion, but yes, it's the Christian God. An allegorical Genesis has been an established belief; likewise, we are sinners not because of one man's sin but because we were created to sin and created with a fallen nature. Adam's sin doesn't damn us; our fallen nature does.

I believe in an OS because we were set up as sinners... not because we carry someone else's sin.

This is actually a far more Biblical belief than those that are set up by YECs.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
17-08-2013, 03:56 PM
(17-08-2013 12:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...and God help me... if those teachers tell him that is incorrect, I'm going to blow a gasket.
...ugh... not looking forward to this.

Why are you surrendering your child to people you're pretty sure are going to mislead and corrupt him? I don't even care about the subject matter, secular, sectarian, whatever.

Would you give your television to someone you were sure would damage it?

Just home-school. Un-school. Let your son tell you what he's interested in, and pursue it with him. Add math and reading as it's relevant, because those skills are everywhere. Above all, teach him rhetoric and self-expression. If you can't do that, and it's totally understandable that not everyone can, get a tutor. Schooling is much, MUCH less valuable than real education.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
17-08-2013, 04:01 PM
(17-08-2013 03:56 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 12:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...and God help me... if those teachers tell him that is incorrect, I'm going to blow a gasket.
...ugh... not looking forward to this.

Why are you surrendering your child to people you're pretty sure are going to mislead and corrupt him? I don't even care about the subject matter, secular, sectarian, whatever.

Would you give your television to someone you were sure would damage it?

Just home-school. Un-school. Let your son tell you what he's interested in, and pursue it with him. Add math and reading as it's relevant, because those skills are everywhere. Above all, teach him rhetoric and self-expression. If you can't do that, and it's totally understandable that not everyone can, get a tutor. Schooling is much, MUCH less valuable than real education.

1) I'm not rich.
2) I work full time.
3) My wife is in school full time.

Your suggestion isn't practical in any way. Are you actually aware how much a full time tutor costs?

17-08-2013, 04:31 PM
(17-08-2013 03:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is a whole different disussion, but yes, it's the Christian God. An allegorical Genesis has been an established belief; likewise, we are sinners not because of one man's sin but because we were created to sin and created with a fallen nature. Adam's sin doesn't damn us; our fallen nature does.

I believe in an OS because we were set up as sinners... not because we carry someone else's sin.

What you mean "we", Kemosabe? I ain't no sinner. Drinking Beverage

As for being created to sin and created with a fallen nature? That's even worse than the original sin debacle. You'd have to post some theological backup for that statement, as the original sin deal is kind of a biggie in Scripture. But then again, saying one belief is "far more Biblical" than another is shaky ground to begin with...
17-08-2013, 04:45 PM
(17-08-2013 04:31 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 03:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is a whole different disussion, but yes, it's the Christian God. An allegorical Genesis has been an established belief; likewise, we are sinners not because of one man's sin but because we were created to sin and created with a fallen nature. Adam's sin doesn't damn us; our fallen nature does.

What you mean "we", Kemosabe? I ain't no sinner. Drinking Beverage

As for being created to sin and created with a fallen nature? That's even worse than the original sin debacle. You'd have to post some theological backup for that statement, as the original sin deal is kind of a biggie in Scripture. But then again, saying one belief is "far more Biblical" than another is shaky ground to begin with...

That's fine. And forgive me, but I have zero desire post about this for nth time.

If you don't think that I have Biblical evidence for fallen nature, I am okay with that. I really don't want you to think I'm a dick or anything, I've just sworn off theological discussion (save a few instances) for the time being... lol I'm still trying to recover from the last year and a half of non-stopped discussion.

Cool?

If you're truly, truly pressed, I supposed I could whip up the fortitude to satiate your request.

17-08-2013, 05:38 PM
(17-08-2013 01:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 12:30 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  I could see how He'd govern the evolution of STDs, because He's certainly obsessed with how the ugly bits are deployed.Evil_monster

However, since death is a big part of evolution, and death supposedly didn't enter the picture until after the Fall in Eden, there's kind of a problem here. Cuz if you buy into billions of years of evolution before humanity came into the picture and blew it in Eden, then you'd have billions of years worth of previously immortal living organisms crowding the earth, with a super-huge die-off right around the time Adam and Eve helped introduce mortality (and thus predation/survival of the fittest) to the mix.

It's a good rhing I don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve or original sin.

Then what is even the basis for you believing in a, presumably, christian god? What did Jesus die for, if there was no sin to be redeemed from in the first place? Nonsense.

Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
17-08-2013, 05:42 PM
(17-08-2013 12:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The correct response should be, "People believe different things about dinosaurs. Ask your parents about what they believe...

No, the correct response is: "It doesn't matter at all what different things people believe about dinosaurs. Facts stay as fucking facts and don't change."

Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
[+] 2 users Like MrAttacus's post