I'm just waiting for this to happen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: I'm just waiting for this to happen.
[Image: c89acee4d3c1bb5c1c4dcb90f854ef.jpg]

Would that be the school you are thinking of sending your boy KC?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Bto the only solution is to send him to a non religious private or public school so that they can teach him actual science. You can then instill religious knowledge (I use that term loosely and out of respect for you as a friend :-) ) at home.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
17-08-2013, 06:58 PM
On the one hand, I think y'all need to get offa KC's dick on this.

On the other, wtf are you doing posting shit like this, KC?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2013, 06:59 PM
(17-08-2013 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 03:56 PM)I Am Wrote:  Why are you surrendering your child to people you're pretty sure are going to mislead and corrupt him? I don't even care about the subject matter, secular, sectarian, whatever.

Would you give your television to someone you were sure would damage it?

Just home-school. Un-school. Let your son tell you what he's interested in, and pursue it with him. Add math and reading as it's relevant, because those skills are everywhere. Above all, teach him rhetoric and self-expression. If you can't do that, and it's totally understandable that not everyone can, get a tutor. Schooling is much, MUCH less valuable than real education.

1) I'm not rich.
2) I work full time.
3) My wife is in school full time.

Your suggestion isn't practical in any way. Are you actually aware how much a full time tutor costs?

It's very practical. You've been conditioned to believe that it isn't so you feel compelled to send your kid to indoctrination camp because that's what we do.

Home-school/Unschool is damn near free. Internet, public library and field trips are the natural order of business.

You or your wife can adjust your schedule to accommodate your kid's schooling. If you can't, you may not be trying hard enough to actually parent, you're paying someone to parent for you.

I think if you were really interested, you'd find innovative solutions to keeping your son out of any type of fascist factory worker indoctrination camps.

Full disclosure, I was unaware of a lot before my girls went to public school warehouses. My grandchildren will never go to any type of this if I can help it and if my girls are agreeable. Even if that means I have to walk away from a fairly decent career to help make that a reality.

Who owns your kid?
[+] 2 users Like Regular_Joe's post
17-08-2013, 07:07 PM
(17-08-2013 04:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 04:31 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  What you mean "we", Kemosabe? I ain't no sinner. Drinking Beverage

As for being created to sin and created with a fallen nature? That's even worse than the original sin debacle. You'd have to post some theological backup for that statement, as the original sin deal is kind of a biggie in Scripture. But then again, saying one belief is "far more Biblical" than another is shaky ground to begin with...

That's fine. And forgive me, but I have zero desire post about this for nth time.

If you don't think that I have Biblical evidence for fallen nature, I am okay with that. I really don't want you to think I'm a dick or anything, I've just sworn off theological discussion (save a few instances) for the time being... lol I'm still trying to recover from the last year and a half of non-stopped discussion.

Cool?

If you're truly, truly pressed, I supposed I could whip up the fortitude to satiate your request.

Nah - I'm sure I can dig up your previous posts. I understand the desire to avoid a nth-degree rehash of old material.
17-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I don't know much about Calvinism, but as a Calvinist...is worrying about their views being changed worth it? Isn't it destined to happen?
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
17-08-2013, 09:03 PM
(17-08-2013 07:07 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 04:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's fine. And forgive me, but I have zero desire post about this for nth time.

If you don't think that I have Biblical evidence for fallen nature, I am okay with that. I really don't want you to think I'm a dick or anything, I've just sworn off theological discussion (save a few instances) for the time being... lol I'm still trying to recover from the last year and a half of non-stopped discussion.

Cool?

If you're truly, truly pressed, I supposed I could whip up the fortitude to satiate your request.

Nah - I'm sure I can dig up your previous posts. I understand the desire to avoid a nth-degree rehash of old material.

I'll save you the trouble...

Take a deep breath...

Ready?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...k-a-Theist

Wink

18-08-2013, 12:45 PM
(17-08-2013 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 03:56 PM)I Am Wrote:  Just home-school. Un-school. Let your son tell you what he's interested in, and pursue it with him.
Your suggestion isn't practical in any way.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes here. I have a strong and well-founded mistrust of schooling in general. That, plus your specific and also well-founded concern... well, it touched a nerve.

A radio show I enjoy called Unwelcome Guests has a few episodes on schooling, called Outing School. The links below have about 2 hours of audio each, downloadable for free as mp3s. Since you have some misgivings about your kid's school, I will recommend these to you.

http://UnwelcomeGuests.net/538 Unmasking the Philanthropy of US Tax-Exempt foundations
http://UnwelcomeGuests.net/539 Scientific Management as Religion
http://UnwelcomeGuests.net/540 Teaching for Money vs. Learning for Love

Their website also has links to some audiobooks referenced in the above episodes.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
18-08-2013, 01:09 PM
(18-08-2013 12:45 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Your suggestion isn't practical in any way.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes here. I have a strong and well-founded mistrust of schooling in general. That, plus your specific and also well-founded concern... well, it touched a nerve.

A radio show I enjoy called Unwelcome Guests has a few episodes on schooling, called Outing School. The links below have about 2 hours of audio each, downloadable for free as mp3s. Since you have some misgivings about your kid's school, I will recommend these to you.

http://UnwelcomeGuests.net/538 Unmasking the Philanthropy of US Tax-Exempt foundations
http://UnwelcomeGuests.net/539 Scientific Management as Religion
http://UnwelcomeGuests.net/540 Teaching for Money vs. Learning for Love

Their website also has links to some audiobooks referenced in the above episodes.

Love it! I checked my podcast app (Stitcher) and didn't find this one, but I will.

This podcast School Sucks Project is also available. Not the best produced podcast IMO, but informative.

I think you CAN homeschool/unschool. Pray for strength and knowledge, then go do it.
18-08-2013, 01:11 PM
(17-08-2013 09:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 07:07 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Nah - I'm sure I can dig up your previous posts. I understand the desire to avoid a nth-degree rehash of old material.

I'll save you the trouble...

Take a deep breath...

Ready?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...k-a-Theist

Wink

Thanks! Read through a bunch of it (along with a linked thread). KC has a bad case of the Calvinist meme/virus. I considered myself an Arminian when I was infected, so I never cared for Calvin's magic. Either path is bogus, though.

Still not sure what KC gets out of being the TTA token Xian, especially given his somewhat extreme belief system, but each to his own, I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post