I'm leaving in a few days.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Heart I'm leaving in a few days.
I wasn't sure which section to put this in, so as usual, feel free to move it to a more convenient and/or appropriate place. ^_^

Anyhow: As some of you already know from pm correspondences, I have voluntarily decided to stop participating at this forum. I will return in a few days (probably sometime before the weekend) to look through my personal messages and this thread to see if anybody wants to stay in touch with me who doesn't already have my alternative contact info.**

My reasons for this are....many. It wasn't any one thing, but truthfully, there is far too much trolling and spam that takes place here for my taste. I am not saying that anything should change on that front--the issues with disorganization and chaos are my own. The mods waiting so long to ban Chippy when he was obviously emotionally & mentally unstable is another reason, and my posts actually being referred to as "vandalism" is a third. It also seems like my words get taken the wrong way more often than not, so there is probably a conflict of personalities that I didn't notice right away due to this being internet-only communication (and not real life, in-the-same-room-with-you chatting.) People seem completely unable to respectfully disagree with me, too. Nothing I say makes a difference, so I'm not going to waste my time participating here any longer. If you are all responsible adults you should be able to understand this.

I enjoy conversing with many of the individuals here, but the overall feel of the forum just isn't my style. If you'll excuse my pseudo-mystical explanation; 'the writing on the wall' is telling me I should leave. Wink

**Fair warning: If you are one of those people who "collects" facebook/etc. friends and you aren't actually interested in staying in touch with me personally, I'll be able to tell and I'll bid you farewell. I don't have time for shit like that anymore, and neither should any of you.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cephalotus's post
15-07-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: I'm leaving in a few days.
(15-07-2014 03:32 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I wasn't sure which section to put this in, so as usual, feel free to move it to a more convenient and/or appropriate place. ^_^

Anyhow: As some of you already know from pm correspondences, I have voluntarily decided to stop participating at this forum. I will return in a few days (probably sometime before the weekend) to look through my personal messages and this thread to see if anybody wants to stay in touch with me who doesn't already have my alternative contact info.**

My reasons for this are....many. It wasn't any one thing, but truthfully, there is far too much trolling and spam that takes place here for my taste. I am not saying that anything should change on that front--the issues with disorganization and chaos are my own. The mods waiting so long to ban Chippy when he was obviously emotionally & mentally unstable is another reason, and my posts actually being referred to as "vandalism" is a third. It also seems like my words get taken the wrong way more often than not, so there is probably a conflict of personalities that I didn't notice right away due to this being internet-only communication (and not real life, in-the-same-room-with-you chatting.) People seem completely unable to respectfully disagree with me, too. Nothing I say makes a difference, so I'm not going to waste my time participating here any longer. If you are all responsible adults you should be able to understand this.

I enjoy conversing with many of the individuals here, but the overall feel of the forum just isn't my style. If you'll excuse my pseudo-mystical explanation; 'the writing on the wall' is telling me I should leave. Wink

**Fair warning: If you are one of those people who "collects" facebook/etc. friends and you aren't actually interested in staying in touch with me personally, I'll be able to tell and I'll bid you farewell. I don't have time for shit like that anymore, and neither should any of you.

I'm sorry to see you go!
Please take care. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-07-2014, 04:23 PM
(15-07-2014 03:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 03:32 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I wasn't sure which section to put this in, so as usual, feel free to move it to a more convenient and/or appropriate place. ^_^

I'm sorry to see you go!
Please take care. Hug

Sorry to hear that you are not happy here.

Forums change and evolve all the time - perhaps you can look in every now and then to see whazzup. Happy trails!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-07-2014, 06:16 PM
This place is definitely not for everyone, sorry you don't feel like you fit in but thank you for coming and sharing with us! And yes, feel free to pop in whenever you feel like it. Take care.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
15-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Sorry to see you go. Take care and I hope you find a forum that suits you better.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
15-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Keep the account open; it's always good to have open options for that rainy day boredom or just curiosity. Wink

Sorry it hasn't felt like a good fit Ceph. Maybe it's just time to do some exploring - stretch your fingers, see what's out there in the wide, wide world of webz.

Have fun and I hope you find a more comfortable place to hang. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-07-2014, 07:10 PM
I am sorry to see you go. Where ever you land, I hope it works better for you. But please stop in and say hi now and then, if you are so inclined. In fact, if you find a really great place, come back and let us know where it is!

I hate that we are losing good people lately.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Okay.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
15-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Ceph sorry to see you go.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
16-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Cheers Ceph Smile Go well...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post