I'm leaving politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm leaving politics
I'm getting tired of that bullshit. Trying to inject logic back into a system which is neither logical or reasonable is a Syssiphan ordeal. Also I've reached a point in my life which its become insufferably boring.

Just though I'd say so.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
17-07-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: I'm leaving politics
You just need to see the logic in it:

A 48-hour marathon meeting in a secret place is a great way of showing you work really hard for your money, especially since the location was leaked by the party press officer so journalists can bring breaking news everytime they see the slightest movement in a window. WHO CARES if you're too tired to make any sensible decision after 14 hours of non stop babbing?

From a rhetorical point of view it's great fun too. Just like creationists you can make statements that make no sense, but are accepted nonetheless. Orwell at its best Tongue
-"Raising taxes is good for your income"
-"We need to spy more on people to ensure their freedom"
-"This country was founded as a Christian nation and if you disagree, you're not a patriot and should go to communist France!"

Enriching yourself is alot easier too since you're helping making the laws into the most adavantageous shape for you. Forget fearing about fraud. Fraud is only what is considered illegal. Illegal is what is forbidden by a law. But if you make a law that allows you to circumvent all ethics, compassion and humanity, you can still thicken your wallet. If you steal a candy bar, you're a thug. If you steal a billion dollars, you get a government bailout and maybe your picture on Time magazine. It helps if you have no morals whatsoever, but apparently atheists have no problems with that according to some very credible christian patriots.

And if you're still not convinced: if you quit politics, there's always a bigger idiot ready to take your place:

[Image: image.png]

Hope it helped Tongue

(But I understand your frustration)

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
18-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I call bullshit on that one. Drinking Beverage

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
18-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Ahh yes the apathetic phase. I'm totally apathetic about it at this point but never the less I feel some sort of obligation to keep informed even if it is from a very cynical outside perspective is a democratic duty. Part of the reason we no longer have true democracy in the US is because too many people have forgotten that.

24-12-2014, 05:00 AM
Why you are leaving politics? I think, it is the best way to serve the nation and you should not leave it. I am also going to join it soon.