I'm losing my faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: I'm losing my faith
(07-03-2016 09:20 PM)Babakazoo Wrote:  The Bible has some books that are more historically accurate than what we teach in public schools as truth.
Which ones would that be? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2016, 02:42 AM
(09-03-2016 02:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 09:20 PM)Babakazoo Wrote:  The Bible has some books that are more historically accurate than what we teach in public schools as truth.

If history in USA is taught like it is in Poland then he may have a point.

Couple of weeks ago I saw my nephew homework pertaining to history - he was supposed to write why Cistercian monks were good for Poland. It's just like the former regime, only in reverse. Then you had to write who is your example for living good life and why it is Lenin, now Lenin is replaced by sun of the nation pope JP II.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-03-2016, 02:43 AM
(09-03-2016 02:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

That's a ringing condemnation of the state of education in public schools then Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
09-03-2016, 05:38 AM
(09-03-2016 02:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 02:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Which ones would that be? Consider

If history in USA is taught like it is in Poland then he may have a point.

Couple of weeks ago I saw my nephew homework pertaining to history - he was supposed to write why Cistercian monks were good for Poland. It's just like the former regime, only in reverse. Then you had to write who is your example for living good life and why it is Lenin, now Lenin is replaced by sun of the nation pope JP II.

There are history books being used in Texas that characterize slaves simply as "workers" and incorrectly identify deists/atheists like Thomas Jefferson as Bible-believin' Christians in order to position the US as a Christian country. Texas is one of the most influential states in terms of textbook content because it's so large, so textbooks are frequently written to be acceptable to Texas school systems, so the idiotic things Texans want to believe, unfortunately, can spill over to the rest of the country.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
09-03-2016, 06:45 AM
(09-03-2016 05:38 AM)julep Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 02:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If history in USA is taught like it is in Poland then he may have a point.

There are history books being used in Texas that characterize slaves simply as "workers" and incorrectly identify deists/atheists like Thomas Jefferson as Bible-believin' Christians in order to position the US as a Christian country. Texas is one of the most influential states in terms of textbook content because it's so large, so textbooks are frequently written to be acceptable to Texas school systems, so the idiotic things Texans want to believe, unfortunately, can spill over to the rest of the country.

So I see only content of lies is different - here slavery is condemned but failed national uprisings are hailed as moral victories necessary for keeping the nation spirit or some such nonsense. Atheism too isn't mentioned or rather in context of the communism.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-03-2016, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 01:33 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(06-03-2016 07:28 AM)gameface Wrote:  I'm really messed up right now, growing up from a Christian home and it's expected for you to go to church and follow the doctrine of the Bible. There are some unsolved questions that are making me doubt my faith in the Bible. Firstly, My problem is when was the dinosaur Era in the Bible? Let's be factual there, those dinosaur remains and bones are clear empirical evidence that they rule the earth at sometime. Secondly, the birth of Isis is the same as that of Jesus which cast alot if doubt that it's not a mere coincidence. I need some clarification on this.

You have but scratched the surface. The amount of evidence that disproves the entire bible would take months to lay out....here is a starter kit for you...peruse these, feel free to validate, I have citations on most of my writings. if you have any questions I would love to answer them. EDIT: Ooops forgot link:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread

Quick summary:

Christianity is based on the belief that jesus of Nazareth was the hybrid son of the Abrahamic god.

There is zero substantiating evidence of a single witness to any of jesus's miraculous acts. "All testimony" is pseudonymous and based on hearsay, written down by non-eyewitnesses....all urban myths...people love to tell stories, the wilder they are, the more they are retold.

Not a single word about jesus, ever written, was by a person who actually knew jesus.

The synoptic gospels were not written by their namesakes. All Pseudepigrapha.

Paul never met the "earthly" jesus.

The Exodus never happened, proven beyond reproach.

The Great mythical Global flood of 2348 BCE never happened.

Moses never existed...and consequently the Pentateuch was not written by the mythical moses...but by Judaen priests in 575-550 BCE, based on popular older Sumerian, Babylonian, Crete, and Greek myths.

Welcome to reason Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 7 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Um, I think the OP has left the room and we're just talking to each other.

Ah, what the hell, this seems like a good time for the Knights Who Say Ni smilie.

Knights who say NI!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-03-2016, 03:10 AM
I can explain this.

Towel of babel when man build a tower to find God he made everybody speak a different language so nobody can figure out where God is.

So no matter where we search God will find a way to prevent us from finding him. Atom collider won't help us find God, The biggest microscope won't help us find him, the biggest telescope will not work either. If we didn't try to cross the ocean if we didn't doubt that the Earth is Flat would the earth still remain Flat? The same idea no matter how far we go, or how deep God will find a way to prevent us from finding him.

I'm a seer I talk to spirits, and see spirits even the seer cannot find God because even the spirits is having the same problem. I notice all the spirits speak different language, and different spirits worship different religions. So this tower of babel is a perfect explanation why it's hard for us to have faith.

Seeing God is easy he said seek me, and ye shall find me. I seek God, and I found him in 5 min, and I tremble, and I got scared. He sounded like thunder, and it's pretty terrifying. Well like I said I am a seer so haha, but he really meant it for everybody all can find God if you seek him.

Jesus said the worst thing to do is hurt the little one, and it's a gnashing of teeth to hurt the little one so I am trying not to say thing that will hurt your faith because it will hurt me.

You would have to be foolish not to believe in God. When I got close to God I've gotten really close to him a few times. One time I gotten so close I was on the floor bowing down for like 6 hours because I could not have a bad thought, or anything, and I was trying so hard to be blameless, and you can't say the Lord name in vain you can't think a single bad thought if you're so close to him. God is offended that why there is the 10 commandment that says do not say the Lord name in vain.

God told me that is why we're not seeing him because he doesn't like it when we say his name in vain. I said The lord mercy endurenth forever, forever, and forever that he walk here on Earth that man see him, and live. Then he reveal to me, and said he can walk here on Earth, but he has one problem he doesn't like it when people think bad about him. Anybody can see God as long as you don't say his name in vain, or mock him. I had help from one of the angels it help me not to say his name in vain, or mock without that help I wouldn't have endured it. It is nearly impossible not to say his name in vain your thought has to be blameless lol.

Anyway God is good so be glad he's good there is non good but God himself. Jesus said the tax collector, and the prostitution enter the kingdom of heaven before the self righteous hypocrite. So y'all atheist will probably enter the kingdom of God before the believers probably, but what worst is hurting the little one, or the born again believers.
14-03-2016, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2016 03:30 AM by DLJ.)
(14-03-2016 03:10 AM)Opywang Wrote:  ...
I seek God, and I found him in 5 min, and I tremble, and I got scared. He sounded like thunder, and it's pretty terrifying. Well like I said I am a seer

You're a child.

But welcome to TTA anyway.

Yes

14-03-2016, 03:35 AM
(14-03-2016 03:10 AM)Opywang Wrote:  I can explain this.

Towel of babel when man build a tower to find God he made everybody speak a different language so nobody can figure out where God is.

So no matter where we search God will find a way to prevent us from finding him. Atom collider won't help us find God, The biggest microscope won't help us find him, the biggest telescope will not work either. If we didn't try to cross the ocean if we didn't doubt that the Earth is Flat would the earth still remain Flat? The same idea no matter how far we go, or how deep God will find a way to prevent us from finding him.

I'm a seer I talk to spirits, and see spirits even the seer cannot find God because even the spirits is having the same problem. I notice all the spirits speak different language, and different spirits worship different religions. So this tower of babel is a perfect explanation why it's hard for us to have faith.

Seeing God is easy he said seek me, and ye shall find me. I seek God, and I found him in 5 min, and I tremble, and I got scared. He sounded like thunder, and it's pretty terrifying. Well like I said I am a seer so haha, but he really meant it for everybody all can find God if you seek him.

Jesus said the worst thing to do is hurt the little one, and it's a gnashing of teeth to hurt the little one so I am trying not to say thing that will hurt your faith because it will hurt me.

You would have to be foolish not to believe in God. When I got close to God I've gotten really close to him a few times. One time I gotten so close I was on the floor bowing down for like 6 hours because I could not have a bad thought, or anything, and I was trying so hard to be blameless, and you can't say the Lord name in vain you can't think a single bad thought if you're so close to him. God is offended that why there is the 10 commandment that says do not say the Lord name in vain.

God told me that is why we're not seeing him because he doesn't like it when we say his name in vain. I said The lord mercy endurenth forever, forever, and forever that he walk here on Earth that man see him, and live. Then he reveal to me, and said he can walk here on Earth, but he has one problem he doesn't like it when people think bad about him. Anybody can see God as long as you don't say his name in vain, or mock him. I had help from one of the angels it help me not to say his name in vain, or mock without that help I wouldn't have endured it. It is nearly impossible not to say his name in vain your thought has to be blameless lol.

Anyway God is good so be glad he's good there is non good but God himself. Jesus said the tax collector, and the prostitution enter the kingdom of heaven before the self righteous hypocrite. So y'all atheist will probably enter the kingdom of God before the believers probably, but what worst is hurting the little one, or the born again believers.

You need a serious dose of skepticism and an education on the flaws of human perception, the evaluation of evidence, and the history of the ancient near east. You can find all of that here, but as to whether or not you'll take to any of it is anyone's guess.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post