I'm losing my faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: I'm losing my faith
I want to thank everyone that contributed to this topic, you guys are insightful to my development as an individual.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2016, 07:32 AM
(06-03-2016 07:57 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 07:28 AM)gameface Wrote:  I'm really messed up right now, growing up from a Christian home and it's expected for you to go to church and follow the doctrine of the Bible. There are some unsolved questions that are making me doubt my faith in the Bible. Firstly, My problem is when was the dinosaur Era in the Bible? Let's be factual there, those dinosaur remains and bones are clear empirical evidence that they rule the earth at sometime. Secondly, the birth of Isis is the same as that of Jesus which cast alot if doubt that it's not a mere coincidence. I need some clarification on this.

According to science, the Earth is close to 14 billion years old and dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. According to those that believe that the bible is factual, the Earth is only about 6,000 years ago. Therefore, either the Earth is > 6,000 years old or science is wrong about the age of dinosaurs. I don't know the bible that well but, offhand, I can't remember the bible ever mentioning dinosaurs. Therefore, I can't tell you when the dinosaur era occurred in the bible.

You either believe the bible or science - but both can't be right, can they?

Isis was a goddess that was worshiped by the ancient Egyptians from 2,494 BC onwards. She was the assistant of the dead Pharaoh and therefore had a funerary role and was wife to Horus.

Actually the Universe is ~14 billion years old, the earth is ~4.5 billion years old.

I haven't read all the posts here so maybe someone else has pointed the error out.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
26-03-2016, 02:43 PM
(26-03-2016 07:32 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 07:57 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  According to science, the Earth is close to 14 billion years old and dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. According to those that believe that the bible is factual, the Earth is only about 6,000 years ago. Therefore, either the Earth is > 6,000 years old or science is wrong about the age of dinosaurs. I don't know the bible that well but, offhand, I can't remember the bible ever mentioning dinosaurs. Therefore, I can't tell you when the dinosaur era occurred in the bible.

You either believe the bible or science - but both can't be right, can they?

Isis was a goddess that was worshiped by the ancient Egyptians from 2,494 BC onwards. She was the assistant of the dead Pharaoh and therefore had a funerary role and was wife to Horus.

Actually the Universe is ~14 billion years old, the earth is ~4.5 billion years old.

I haven't read all the posts here so maybe someone else has pointed the error out.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-03-2016, 03:22 PM
HEY GAMEFACE IS BACK! We were worried. It's been like what 3 weeks. How are things?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin