I'm losing my un-faith!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: I'm losing my un-faith!
(02-11-2015 07:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 04:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Thinking a magical being is guiding you is relying on a third party interpretation.
How? I am one party. God is another. That's two....

I meant that if you and I were dealing with a problem and then asked God to guide us in our decision--that would be asking a magical being for his guidance and relying on what we *feel* a magical being would want us to do. If you are relying on internal guidance to tell you what a magical being would want you to do--you are not making your own decisions. You are making decisions based on what actions you think would make a magical being happy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-11-2015, 08:16 PM
(02-11-2015 07:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 07:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How? I am one party. God is another. That's two....

I meant that if you and I were dealing with a problem and then asked God to guide us in our decision--that would be asking a magical being for his guidance and relying on what we *feel* a magical being would want us to do. If you are relying on internal guidance to tell you what a magical being would want you to do--you are not making your own decisions. You are making decisions based on what actions you think would make a magical being happy.
Well that's not what I do. I rely on my conscience to conclude problems. Even If I considered my conscience a link to God. I still don't consider God magical as magic is trickery and just because I can't explain or prove everything about God that doesn't mean magic.
02-11-2015, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 11:22 PM by Banjo.)
(02-11-2015 08:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well that's not what I do. I rely on my conscience to conclude problems. Even If I considered my conscience a link to God. I still don't consider God magical as magic is trickery and just because I can't explain or prove everything about God that doesn't mean magic.

To which god do you refer, Zeus, Aphrodite?

Annette, watch this.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-11-2015, 12:38 AM
You are falling for the lies, hypocrisy, and fast talking-fast questions and appeals to emotion that Ray comfort is extremely good at.

He is especially good at finding the dumbest people he can find by asking dozens, or even hundreds of people in a crowed or a city and editing his video footage to make him look the best possible, or even possibly plant a few Christians who are from his church in there already and make them act out the part of the opposite side.
Trick to not falling for his crap is to see past not his arguments but himself instead.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
03-11-2015, 07:43 AM
(02-11-2015 09:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 08:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well that's not what I do. I rely on my conscience to conclude problems. Even If I considered my conscience a link to God. I still don't consider God magical as magic is trickery and just because I can't explain or prove everything about God that doesn't mean magic.

To which god do you refer, Zeus, Aphrodite?

Annette, watch this.

I don't watch videos too much. Data and battery on phone.

When I'm talking about GOD I'm generally speaking of the One Creator GOD that is referenced in all peaceful monotheistic belief systems. I generally try to not use names to much, just GOD or LORD. You can refer to a lot of things with praise as long as you understand the subsidiary nature of such things to GOD.
03-11-2015, 08:29 AM
(03-11-2015 07:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 09:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  To which god do you refer, Zeus, Aphrodite?

Annette, watch this.

I don't watch videos too much. Data and battery on phone.

When I'm talking about GOD I'm generally speaking of the One Creator GOD that is referenced in all peaceful monotheistic belief systems. I generally try to not use names to much, just GOD or LORD. You can refer to a lot of things with praise as long as you understand the subsidiary nature of such things to GOD.

I wish you'd stop spelling my name backwards...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-11-2015, 08:45 AM
(03-11-2015 07:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't watch videos too much. Data and battery on phone.

*Sigh*

I've asked this question of other people of faith, though I am not expecting a reply from you Pops BUT...

Why is it only one deity?

What puts the 'Mono-' into the theism?

How do you go about assigning a gender to this deity you're sure is 'Out there'?

It's just a puzzle, within a quandary, within a perplexity, within an uncertainty to me.

Consider
03-11-2015, 08:47 AM
(03-11-2015 08:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  I wish you'd stop spelling my name backwards...

I can't believe I never noticed that, before! Facepalm

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-11-2015, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 08:59 AM by Banjo.)
(03-11-2015 07:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  When I'm talking about GOD I'm generally speaking of the

One Creator GOD that is referenced in all peaceful monotheistic belief systems.

Don't be silly. There has NEVER been such a religion,

(03-11-2015 07:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I generally try to not use names to much, just GOD or LORD. You can refer to a lot of things with praise as long as you understand the subsidiary nature of such things to GOD.

Kronos then?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
03-11-2015, 10:05 AM
(03-11-2015 07:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...peaceful monotheistic belief systems.

Laughat

You really are delusional.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post