I'm needy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: I'm needy
(09-02-2017 02:23 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Yay I'm on Lyrica and quetiapine too, great stuff does the business Wink

Yep. Lyrica worked really well for me too. And Quetiapine is so effective for panic attacks! Puts me right to sleep! Big Grin

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 07:01 AM
(09-02-2017 02:42 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 02:23 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Yay I'm on Lyrica and quetiapine too, great stuff does the business Wink

Yep. Lyrica worked really well for me too. And Quetiapine is so effective for panic attacks! Puts me right to sleep! Big Grin

I haven't found a better sleeping pill than seroquel/quetiapine and I've tried them all. A couple of tabs of trazodone thrown in for good measure and pow, "How's it hanging Mr. Sandman."

#sigh
10-02-2017, 09:08 AM
(10-02-2017 07:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 02:42 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  Yep. Lyrica worked really well for me too. And Quetiapine is so effective for panic attacks! Puts me right to sleep! Big Grin

I haven't found a better sleeping pill than seroquel/quetiapine and I've tried them all. A couple of tabs of trazodone thrown in for good measure and pow, "How's it hanging Mr. Sandman."

A lot of people are very much against using medicine to sleep (or calm down anxiety as I mainly use it). Those people haven't dealt with serious anxiety disorders! It would be lovely if this stuff, side effects and all, wasn't necessary, but some things can't be solved by yoga and thinking of pretty beaches (I'm a big fan of yoga, if only my shoulders could handle it, but it doesn't cure panic attacks and general anxiety).

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
10-02-2017, 09:21 AM
(10-02-2017 09:08 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  [A lot of people are very much against using medicine to sleep (or calm down anxiety as I mainly use it).

I don't understand that thinking. Sleep deprivation is not a pretty sight. The meds are far less detrimental. I experience no side effects except sweet sweet sleep. Why would I stop taking it? I'm not gonna stop taking my metformin just because my sugars are under control. Benzos are another one I hear people raging about. Wife's been on them for years. If it works as advertised with no adverse effects why should she stop?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-02-2017, 09:36 AM
(10-02-2017 09:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 09:08 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  [A lot of people are very much against using medicine to sleep (or calm down anxiety as I mainly use it).

I don't understand that thinking. Sleep deprivation is not a pretty sight. The meds are far less detrimental. I experience no side effects except sweet sweet sleep. Why would I stop taking it? I'm not gonna stop taking my metformin just because my sugars are under control. Benzos are another one I hear people raging about. Wife's been on them for years. If it works as advertised with no adverse effects why should she stop?

Exactly!

Speaking of, I read an article yesterday about a woman, a representative of a Danish organization concerned with depression even, talking about how SSRI's hadn't consistently helped her and how she felt liberated by quitting taking them.
I've heard things like this several times before, that you might as well not take the meds, giving the impression that anti-depressants are no good, and that you can be just as healthy without them.
This upsets me a lot. The implication is that depression is just something imaginary, and that it therefor is best to quit the meds and stop imagining yourself to be sick.
Suffering from depression, the believe from others that you should just "snap out of it" is detrimental. It's like telling diabetics to just get over it instead of taking that side effect ridden insulin stuff. And it makes depressed people feel terrible for not being able to just get over themselves! I've had so many years lost to this way of thinking! We are a lot of people who have had our lives saved by drugs. Just because the disease is of the brain, not of another part of the body, doesn't make it less valid.
Okay. Rant over. Got it out of my system now. I've been upset about that article since I read it yesterday.

10-02-2017, 10:08 AM
(10-02-2017 09:36 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  ... talking about how SSRI's hadn't consistently helped her and how she felt liberated by quitting taking them.

SSRIs made me sick as a dog. After a month of hell or so trying various SSRIs witch doctor started thinking maybe it's not that I don't have enough serotonin, maybe I have too much. So he started dicking with my dopamine instead. Much better. Technology needs to come up with blood test indicators which correlate with neurotransmitter levels soon so we can do away with this trial and error business.

#sigh
10-02-2017, 11:19 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your worries. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression too so I can certainly empathize.

I wish there was a magic bullet, but really everything is a process. You want to get there, and that is a big thing in itself. The only thing I can say is to use evidence rather than emotion. Write things down, such as crediting yourself for everything you achieve, no matter how small. Don't let thoughts rattle round in your head unchallenged; that's how they get a death grip.

You're always welcome to send me a PM if you want a sympathetic ear, I'm a good listener Smile I too spend a lot of time on my own during the day as I can't work.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
10-02-2017, 03:11 PM
(10-02-2017 11:19 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm very sorry to hear about your worries. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression too so I can certainly empathize.

I wish there was a magic bullet, but really everything is a process. You want to get there, and that is a big thing in itself. The only thing I can say is to use evidence rather than emotion. Write things down, such as crediting yourself for everything you achieve, no matter how small. Don't let thoughts rattle round in your head unchallenged; that's how they get a death grip.

You're always welcome to send me a PM if you want a sympathetic ear, I'm a good listener Smile I too spend a lot of time on my own during the day as I can't work.

Thanks for the sympathy. Smile
It's really nice to have others around who can understand. Hopefully we can all support each other.
You're also always welcome to PM me if you want a chat. We crazies need to band together Wink

[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
11-02-2017, 06:18 AM
Lol thank you Smile

You're very welcome.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
13-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Thread split.

Discuss pharma issues in the other thread, please.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post