I'm new! Is this a good site?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 11:47 PM
I'm new! Is this a good site?
Hello, my name is autumn i'm a new to the website and iv'e spoken my opinions before
but never in front of a entire site filled with atheists Confused i'm a little nervous.
You see i'm not atheist i'm agnostic and i fear that may not be accepted, but i'm only 20 i need my time to "Think" as i haven't lived to long yet.
I figured i'd just drop in and tell you i'm a newbie because whelp there isn't much else to do other then get to know some of you maybe chat?
I'd enjoy that as new people new environment, i only hope kindness is upon this site iv'e been so so many bad places.
Blink[/i]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Autumnflowers's post
11-12-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: I'm new! Is this a good site?
(10-12-2014 11:47 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  Hello, my name is autumn i'm a new to the website and iv'e spoken my opinions before
but never in front of a entire site filled with atheists Confused i'm a little nervous.
You see i'm not atheist i'm agnostic and i fear that may not be accepted, but i'm only 20 i need my time to "Think" as i haven't lived to long yet.
I figured i'd just drop in and tell you i'm a newbie because whelp there isn't much else to do other then get to know some of you maybe chat?
I'd enjoy that as new people new environment, i only hope kindness is upon this site iv'e been so so many bad places.
Blink[/i]

Welcome.

Like out in the real world we have a bit of everything but usually the people here will go to great lengths to help anyone who is sincere.

We have a thread for personal issues and support where no flaming is allowed, you might want to start there.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Most of the discussion here is argumentative but I don't think that's out of malice or anything. We're just opinionated and agressively against bullshit.

I seriously doubt agnostism will be a problem though.

Welcome to the forum.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
11-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Hug

Big Grin

HELLO!
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
11-12-2014, 12:23 AM
(11-12-2014 12:16 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Most of the discussion here is argumentative but I don't think that's out of malice or anything. We're just opinionated and agressively against bullshit.

Welcome to the forum.

I can understand that need to speak out agents not believing, i understand so much.
However arguments aren't my thing unless they can be spoken about in a respectful manner if they can i got no problems. But i'm sure the site has some people who only wish to fight but as long as it's a mixture i'm good.
11-12-2014, 12:25 AM
(11-12-2014 12:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 11:47 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  Hello, my name is autumn i'm a new to the website and iv'e spoken my opinions before
Blink[/i]

Welcome.

Like out in the real world we have a bit of everything but usually the people here will go to great lengths to help anyone who is sincere.

We have a thread for personal issues and support where no flaming is allowed, you might want to start there.

Yep, i'm very interested in respectful conversations i'll check it out thanks for telling me.
11-12-2014, 12:27 AM
(11-12-2014 12:16 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Most of the discussion here is argumentative but I don't think that's out of malice or anything. We're just opinionated and agressively against bullshit.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the honest reply
11-12-2014, 01:44 AM
'Good' is subjective / relative / contextual.

Much like our morals.

Big Grin

Welcome to the forum.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
11-12-2014, 02:42 AM
No, run away!

We atheists eat babies!

(Welcome!)
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
11-12-2014, 02:53 AM
(11-12-2014 02:42 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  No, run away!

We atheists eat babies!

(Welcome!)

I think 20 is maybe no longer a baby. They tend to be stringy.

Today is welcome a gnostic day at TTA Smile So welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post