I'm new! Is this a good site?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 03:15 AM
RE: I'm new! Is this a good site?
Welcome! They are a crazy bunch here, but they grow on you. Mostly we have interesting conversations, but people coming here to preach tend to be made fun of.

Pull up a chair and join right in! Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-12-2014, 03:21 AM
(11-12-2014 02:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 02:42 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  No, run away!

We atheists eat babies!

(Welcome!)

I think 20 is maybe no longer a baby. They tend to be stringy.

Today is welcome a gnostic day at TTA Smile So welcome Smile

Whats Gnostic i never seem to memorize all the terms.
11-12-2014, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 03:40 AM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
(11-12-2014 03:21 AM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 02:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  Today is welcome a gnostic day at TTA Smile So welcome Smile

Whats Gnostic i never seem to memorize all the terms.

To be gnostic is to profess knowledge on a subject. To be agnostic is to not profess knowledge on a subject.

So an agnostic forum calander observer would say:
Quote:I don't think we can really say if it's welcome a gnostic day. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I don't know.

And a gnostic forum calendar observer would say:
Quote:It is/ isn't welcome a gnostic day and I know that.

So an agnostic athiest doesn't believe in [example deity] but will admit that, that god may exist.

While a gnostic athiest doesn't believe in [example deity] and doesn't think that gods exists.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
11-12-2014, 04:09 AM
[Image: atheism.jpg]

Here's a little diagram thing to help you remember and to reference if it helps Smile

So, yeah, hi! Debate/arguing definitely isn't required to be here and people usually won't debate you unless you say something completely off (or are a theist trying to save our lost souls but you're not so you're cool). I mostly browse around and occasionally throw in a comment or few. But yeah, mostly its us chilling out with civil conversation, sarcasm, information/news we wanna share, and cat photos. Hope you enjoy your stay!

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
11-12-2014, 04:26 AM
[Image: 28405225.jpg]

I love this site. It's awesomeness. Welcome.

My favorite thread is pics for a laugh at religion. I like to make jokes with sexual innuendo and/or post lots of profanity - proselytizing theist trolls find it endearing. I rarely post in the philosophy section cause I feel like I'm a toddler with my swimmies on in the deep end - my most recent post there was in error from sleep deprivation. Even so, nobody was yelling "YOU MORON!" at me. Now if you're in a debate thread and make a baseless assertion, then expect to be called out on it or get an "LOL wut?" response.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
11-12-2014, 05:23 AM
(11-12-2014 04:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: 28405225.jpg]

My favorite thread is pics for a laugh at religion. I like to make jokes with sexual innuendo and/or post lots of profanity - proselytizing theist trolls find it endearing. I rarely post in the philosophy section cause I feel like I'm a toddler with my swimmies on in the deep end - my most recent post there was in error from sleep deprivation. Even so, nobody was yelling "YOU MORON!" at me. Now if you're in a debate thread and make a baseless assertion, then expect to be called out on it or get an "LOL wut?" response.

I love that picture it's grate Big Grin
11-12-2014, 05:23 AM
(11-12-2014 04:09 AM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  [Image: atheism.jpg]

Here's a little diagram thing to help you remember and to reference if it helps Smile

So, yeah, hi! Debate/arguing definitely isn't required to be here and people usually won't debate you unless you say something completely off (or are a theist trying to save our lost souls but you're not so you're cool). I mostly browse around and occasionally throw in a comment or few. But yeah, mostly its us chilling out with civil conversation, sarcasm, information/news we wanna share, and cat photos. Hope you enjoy your stay!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Iv'e seen that one before it didn't stick but i may just save it on my desktop Big Grin
11-12-2014, 06:05 AM

I'm agnostic about gun-slinger kitty cats.
I tried to get my dog to ride a horse.
Him no likey.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-12-2014, 07:10 AM
(11-12-2014 06:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I'm agnostic about gun-slinger kitty cats.
I tried to get my dog to ride a horse.
Him no likey.

It'd rather admit ignorance and take time to learn then i would jump into a label and lie about it.
11-12-2014, 07:40 AM
(11-12-2014 07:10 AM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  It'd rather admit ignorance and take time to learn then i would jump into a label and lie about it.

Being open to evaluating the evidence and claims as honestly as you can is more important than the label you apply to yourself. Many of the people here are very knowledgeable and provide lots of information (and the rest of us will provide plenty of opinionsBig Grin) so pick something you are unsure about and start a thread asking about it or just chime in on an existing thread on the topic.

As long as you are either asking questions or explaining where you personally stand you should find the bulk of the responses friendly.
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP