I'm new! Is this a good site?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: I'm new! Is this a good site?
Benvenuti!

Someone looking for answers through sincerity will find this to be a very educational and embracing site. And if someone ticks you off, just block them, kinda like half my family and friends do to any non-Catholic on Facebook.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 08:05 AM
(10-12-2014 11:47 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  Hello, my name is autumn i'm a new to the website and iv'e spoken my opinions before
but never in front of a entire site filled with atheists Confused i'm a little nervous.
You see i'm not atheist i'm agnostic and i fear that may not be accepted, but i'm only 20 i need my time to "Think" as i haven't lived to long yet.
I figured i'd just drop in and tell you i'm a newbie because whelp there isn't much else to do other then get to know some of you maybe chat?
I'd enjoy that as new people new environment, i only hope kindness is upon this site iv'e been so so many bad places.
Blink[/i]

Well, this is sort of the bottom of the barrel for atheists forums, in my opinion. It can get nasty and aggressive real quick, a sewage almost. It's my cup of tea; my idea of a good time.

But if you're looking for something more substantive, there are far better places to explore, such as rationalskepticism.org. Though heavily moderated, it keeps everyone in check, and doesn't allow emotions to run as wild as they do here.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Tomasia's post
11-12-2014, 08:09 AM
this forum welcomes athiests, agnostics and theists, everyone is welcome.

but, I will say that some people find it difficult to deal with.

expect to have your ideas challenged, expect to meet some nice people and some assholes, expect that if make a claim that you will need to be able to back it up. expect when you state an opinion that others might challenge it and maybe ridicule it.

We have a global group, so english might not be someone's first language, we have all age groups, and all walks of life from artists, students, scientists, and everything in between.

and we have a few that are particular about grammar and spelling -

there are a couple taboo topics (see forum rules), but otherwise not much moderation except for spamming, etc. Cursing, name calling, etc are fairgame here.

enjoy!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-12-2014, 09:23 AM
An agnostic and no Muffs yet? *gasp*

Anyway... welcome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
11-12-2014, 12:39 PM
(11-12-2014 08:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 11:47 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  Hello, my name is autumn i'm a new to the website and iv'e spoken my opinions before
but never in front of a entire site filled with atheists Confused i'm a little nervous.
You see i'm not atheist i'm agnostic and i fear that may not be accepted, but i'm only 20 i need my time to "Think" as i haven't lived to long yet.
I figured i'd just drop in and tell you i'm a newbie because whelp there isn't much else to do other then get to know some of you maybe chat?
I'd enjoy that as new people new environment, i only hope kindness is upon this site iv'e been so so many bad places.
Blink[/i]

Well, this is sort of the bottom of the barrel for atheists forums, in my opinion. It can get nasty and aggressive real quick, a sewage almost. It's my cup of tea; my idea of a good time.

But if you're looking for something more substantive, there are far better places to explore, such as rationalskepticism.org. Though heavily moderated, it keeps everyone in check, and doesn't allow emotions to run as wild as they do here.

Awww. Thanks for the kudos, Tom! Blush

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
11-12-2014, 12:48 PM
(11-12-2014 12:39 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 08:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Well, this is sort of the bottom of the barrel for atheists forums, in my opinion. It can get nasty and aggressive real quick, a sewage almost. It's my cup of tea; my idea of a good time.

Awww. Thanks for the kudos, Tom! Blush

I can't even... Evenheathen, you must teach me Bowing

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-12-2014, 01:54 PM
You're kidding right?

Welcome!

#sigh
11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Re: I'm new! Is this a good site?
Welcome to the insanity forum! This is a good place. I rarely go to other ones anymore. The other site I used to frequent was just pure arguing and nothing more.

You should like it here.
11-12-2014, 02:18 PM
(11-12-2014 02:03 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  You should like it here.

It is morally right to like it here.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
11-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Welcome to our little asylum...I mean forum, yeah, that's what I meant. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 5 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post