I'm new! Is this a good site?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: I'm new! Is this a good site?
(11-12-2014 08:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 11:47 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  Hello, my name is autumn i'm a new to the website and iv'e spoken my opinions before
but never in front of a entire site filled with atheists Confused i'm a little nervous.
You see i'm not atheist i'm agnostic and i fear that may not be accepted, but i'm only 20 i need my time to "Think" as i haven't lived to long yet.
I figured i'd just drop in and tell you i'm a newbie because whelp there isn't much else to do other then get to know some of you maybe chat?
I'd enjoy that as new people new environment, i only hope kindness is upon this site iv'e been so so many bad places.
Blink[/i]

Well, this is sort of the bottom of the barrel for atheists forums, in my opinion. It can get nasty and aggressive real quick, a sewage almost. It's my cup of tea; my idea of a good time.

But if you're looking for something more substantive, there are far better places to explore, such as rationalskepticism.org. Though heavily moderated, it keeps everyone in check, and doesn't allow emotions to run as wild as they do here.

Yet here you are. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-12-2014, 04:02 PM
(10-12-2014 11:47 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  Hello, my name is autumn i'm a new to the website and iv'e spoken my opinions before
but never in front of a entire site filled with atheists Confused i'm a little nervous.
You see i'm not atheist i'm agnostic and i fear that may not be accepted, but i'm only 20 i need my time to "Think" as i haven't lived to long yet.
I figured i'd just drop in and tell you i'm a newbie because whelp there isn't much else to do other then get to know some of you maybe chat?
I'd enjoy that as new people new environment, i only hope kindness is upon this site iv'e been so so many bad places.
Blink[/i]

Well, this is sort of the bottom of the barrel for atheists forums, in my opinion. It can get nasty and aggressive real quick, a sewage almost. It's my cup of tea; my idea of a good time.

But if you're looking for something more substantive, there are far better places to explore, such as rationalskepticism.org. Though heavily moderated, it keeps everyone in check, and doesn't allow emotions to run as wild as they do here.

Translation:

He can't handle the truth.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
11-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Blink[/i]

Nice, real nice. The bottom of the barrel...Consider...guessing you are under said barrel.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Blink[/i]

What??? Bottom of the barrel? Hey, dumbass, no one makes you stay here, you whiny, little prick!
Heavily moderated is for pussies! Oh wait....perfect for whiny babies like you. Fuck off! How bout that?
How dare you use a welcome thread to bemoan your personal lack of popularity in THIS forum.
What a putz.

Oh.....

Welcome newbie. Genuine people are always welcomed. Assholes, whiny babies and morons...mheh...not so much!!!!
Cheers!!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
11-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Anyway, welcome new person. There are a lot of good people around here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Welcome. I am relatively new here, too. You will find there are lots of nice people here and the ones who just want to mess with you will be obvious.
11-12-2014, 06:38 PM
(11-12-2014 05:48 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ...
Assholes, whiny babies and morons...mheh...not so much!!!!
Cheers!!!

Nah! We're welcome here too.

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
11-12-2014, 07:28 PM
welcome! Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
11-12-2014, 07:50 PM
(11-12-2014 12:39 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 08:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Well, this is sort of the bottom of the barrel for atheists forums, in my opinion. It can get nasty and aggressive real quick, a sewage almost. It's my cup of tea; my idea of a good time.

Awww. Thanks for the kudos, Tom! Blush

He had us at barrel, didn't he! Shy

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
11-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Blink[/i]

Hi!

Welcome to the wacky world of The Thinking Atheist, a place which actually encourages people like yourself to interact.

Try to have some fun and don't take life so serious that it passes you by.

Smile

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post