I'm new here. Here it is in a nutshell.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2014, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2014 10:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: I'm new here. Here it is in a nutshell.
(15-09-2014 08:22 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I have a tough time with it. Not seeing loved ones when I die is what upsets me the most.

I see my deceased loved ones while I yet live. It's the only chance I got.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-09-2014, 10:46 PM
(15-09-2014 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 03:31 PM)Brandzilla Wrote:  But what I'm wondering, as a new agnostic, atheist, not really sure what I call myself is that are there any of you out there who were Christian who still pray?

I still do. The only difference is who I'm praying to.

Joe Pesci? Consider

“You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.” -George Carlin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-09-2014, 10:47 PM
(15-09-2014 07:32 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:I still pray and it brings me comfort.

Sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get a coherent answer. Just as long as you understand that all you are doing is talking to yourself.

I talk to myself all the time. People at work often ask me about it and tell me that it is ok just as long as I don't answer back. Screw that though, what's the point in talking to yourself if you aren't going to respond or get the answers you're asking?

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 2 users Like Elskidor's post
17-09-2014, 02:41 PM
(15-09-2014 10:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I still do. The only difference is who I'm praying to.

Joe Pesci? Consider

“You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.” -George Carlin

"For years I asked God to do something about my noisy neighbor with the barking dog ...
Joe Pesci straightened that cocksucker out with one visit ...
It is amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat."
-George Carlin

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zurücklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
[+] 1 user Likes therealJim's post