I'm new to the forum and atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm new to the forum and atheism.
Long story short, I was raised Christian, but not in an "into it" family. My skepticism kept knocking holes into my already shaky, at best, faith. I finally embraced separating myself from christianity and then recently finally accepted myself as an atheist sorta kinda. I still have my values and morals and I believe I can keep and honor them without a religion as a crutch.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dixie92's post
04-05-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: I'm new to the forum and atheism.
(04-05-2013 08:00 PM)Dixie92 Wrote:  Long story short, I was raised Christian, but not in an "into it" family. My skepticism kept knocking holes into my already shaky, at best, faith. I finally embraced separating myself from christianity and then recently finally accepted myself as an atheist sorta kinda. I still have my values and morals and I believe I can keep and honor them without a religion as a crutch.

Welcome. I think you'll discover most of us here to have the finest, most upstanding, ethical and altruistic morals you'll ever find anywhere making us the envy of the religious!

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Atheism says nothing about values or morals, so whether you're a psychopath or "saint", you can still add that "atheist" label to the long list of labels that makes up the person that you are.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
04-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the clan, Dixie.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Welcome!