I'm new too!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2010, 09:17 PM

I'm new too!
I live in southern Missouri. Yay, the bible belt. >.> I am a sci-fi nerd, and am master of all things tech. I was raised catholic, but didn't go through an elaborate revocation of religion. I simply realized one day, that no one was listening. After that, a lot of things just began to make sense, and here I am today. I used to be a Pastafarian, but I found it just easier to do this. Plus all the pirate talk got hard after awhile. Found this site after browsing You Tube, and I have to say, I laughed my ass off.

**Shameless Plug**
Christ Sightings!

A buddy of mine and myself run that.
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2010, 03:25 PM

RE: I'm new too!
Hey there--I checked out your little Christ Sightings website---that's a riot. I almost fell for that Oral Roberts bit til I got to the part about Falwell. I might have believed that thing about the guy who saw his wife in the toilet paper, but I've been through Conway Arkansas and I know that it's a dry county. I found out the hard way after I checked into the Motel 6 and had to drive almost twenty miles up I-40 and back to buy beer. I didn't see any PBR. Funny website though. I don't know what a Pastafarian is, but it's giving me the munchies. Arrrh. Yeah, you tech guys have all the fun---I'm just trying to figure out how this website works. I'll tell you though, those fundamentalists are pretty savvy about using technology in your neck of the woods and all over the country really. I just did a three year whirlwind tour of the U.S. and I've never seen so many Jesus billboards and car stickers and mega churches in my life. Not to mention all the religious programming on the radio. Before I got satellite radio I was desperate to hear human conversation and would tune in to the religious networks(where there was no NPR) as long as I could stand it until I was just yelling obscenities out loud. Those folks are well funded and and relentless. And talk about a mean spirit. These are the most angry and xenophobic people on the face of the earth. I've never heard so much hate and vitriol in my life. It's easy to ignore it on the net, you just don't go there. But wander around a little in your own country and you can't ignore it. Anyway, after settling back down here in Virginia I guess I sort of need websites like yours and this one to help alleviate some of the pent up angst that I've developed while touring this very sick and confused nation. So thanks. I'm leaving again in March with some fresh new perspective--I hope.
03-01-2010, 09:22 PM

Update!

We got so much traffic, we bought the domain rights to the name!

http://WWW.christsightings.com
04-01-2010, 08:39 AM
That is some funny stuff right there.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply