I'm no longer a believer but i still listen and love the songs .

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
12-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Tongue I'm no longer a believer but i still listen and love the songs .
Unsure Am i the only one ?and what songs do you still sing along to ?
so far i only listen to this song NONSTOP while singing the lyrics like i still believe God is real Laughat

and this song to

Heart cute
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: I'm no longer a believer but i still listen and love the songs .
Yeah actually I have a few songs I still enjoy from my christian days.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
12-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I like a lot of classical music that was written for the church back in the day. I like gospel music too.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
12-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I like some of Johnny Cash Gospel. That's all I can think of off the top of my head but there is probably more.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
12-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I'll admit they wrote some catchy tunes. And there are a few artists who I really like who occasionally slip a religious nod into their songs. My folks always used to give me an odd look whenever I'd whistle "Rock Me on the Water" under my breath. What? I don't care if it's a religious metaphor, it's a damn good song and Jackson Browne's a good singer.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
12-09-2012, 07:20 PM
(12-09-2012 06:45 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I like some of Johnny Cash Gospel. That's all I can think of off the top of my head but there is probably more.
I love Johnny Cash voice i never heard his gospel songs though .
"Hurt" is my top fave song.

Heart cute
[+] 1 user Likes BizzysaidAss's post
12-09-2012, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 07:33 PM by Logisch.)
I still listen to a lot of the political side of Zao. They really stopped being a Christian band a long time ago anyway and are more "People who are a band, and a few of the members happen to be religious" more or less. They sing more about politics, stupid people, shitty situations (like panic attacks) and other day to day stuff. Hell, I remember when Dan joined a band called "Grand National Hustler" haha. I remember an article about them talking about it some time ago when people asked about it. So long ago though. I remember their early stuff back when I was a little fundie and seeing them change over time. Sorta like myself... I found it interesting that they stopped calling themselves a Christian band. I sort of feel like part of it was a good reason I questioned my own faith (to no fault of them of course).

They even sing about shitty mean ex girlfriends, which I can relate to.

I bought one of their numbered albums when their new stuff came out. Still good stuff. (if you like this type of stuff)

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
12-09-2012, 07:36 PM
(12-09-2012 07:22 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I still listen to a lot of the political side of Zao. They really stopped being a Christian band a long time ago anyway and arei more "People who are a band, and a few of the members happen to be religious" more or less. They sing more about politics, stupid people, shitty situations (like panic attacks) and other day to day stuff. Hell, I remember when Dan joined a band called "Grand National Hustler" haha. I remember an article about them talking about it some time ago when people asked about it. So long ago though. I remember their early stuff back when I was a little fundie and seeing them change over time. Sorta like myself... I found it interesting that they stopped calling themselves a Christian band. I sort of feel like part of it was a good reason I questioned my own faith (to not fault of them of course).

They even sing about shitty mean ex girlfriends, which I can relate to.

I bought one of their numbered albums when their new stuff came out. Still good stuff. (if you like this type of stuff)

I like scremo to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll98_aQp2...ata_player
tobe real i have no clue how this song is Christian Rock the lyrics .

Heart cute
12-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Im sorry Im useing my phone lol so i messed that response up .

Heart cute
12-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I like that to http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Ll98_aQp2...ata_player to be real i have no clue how this song is Christian Rock the lyrics .

Heart cute