I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 03:33 AM by Robvalue.)
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(31-05-2017 03:22 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:14 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Oak Tree:

Thanks yeah, I've been having a look and found this:

https://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/blog/happy...al-workers

I know the medium I referenced claims to be talking to the dead. I would imagine that is something they should not be stating. I wonder
how that would pan out.

Dog: They all have a cause, why? Because you say so? How can you possibly know anything about the inception of realities, if such a thing
ever even happened?

What is "God"? What does it mean? It appears to be a placeholder for a lack of knowledge and nothing more.

What ever not had a cause?

My inability to prove you wrong doesn't prove you right.

Edited to remove snark.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2017, 03:31 AM
Edited: I was being a smug bastard, retracted.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
31-05-2017, 03:32 AM
(31-05-2017 03:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:19 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Actually, not that I don't love my late grandmother but I posted nothing about her on any of my social media accounts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading < have a look, most likely what went on. No offence honestly, but psychics are garbage mate. It's a trick, and it's always been a trick to con people out of money. Some people are
better at it than others, but it's a well know fact its total crap, and as mentioned before in the UK its even LEGALLY known to be total crap mate.

Nobody in the history of humanity has ever had the power this women suggests. I mentioned it before, but if you really think about it, why can she tell you one thing and not another thing?
Surely it's either you have the power or not? Not "I have a bit of the power", that's just stupid.
I know what a cold reading is, it's when a fraudulent psychic deceives you into stating
facts about yourself and then simply repeating them. But that's not what happened in my case, I said nothing, I let her do all the talking because I knew a cold reading was possible.
And actually, a genuine psychic gets their information from spirits and the reason why they don't get it right exactly 100% of the time is because their ability to interpret what the spirits are saying isn't perfect. But she knew ALOT about me, very personal things she shouldn't have known.
Find all posts by this user
31-05-2017, 03:34 AM
(31-05-2017 03:24 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  But the reason why you don't know is because you'll never find out, because it's a logical impossibility otherwise
But it might not be though. We have a good understanding of everything post big bang (how the universe formed from the remnants of that) and we're conducting tests right now with the hadron collider to find more answers to questions we already have in terms of how atoms form from technically "nothing" and so forth.

I think as mentioned before, just because we don't know, and may never know, doesn't mean that there 100% is a deity by default. In fact it's worth mentioning that people have always really looked for evidence of a deity or deitys, and found none...so therefore the evidence in favour of the big bang (something you can actually measure/see to an extent) over any sort of religious story, is massive.

(31-05-2017 03:27 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  This is very interesting. I've said for years these frauds should be regulated properly, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see some attempt was made. I'd love to know how it works out in practice. I imagine when they see a sucker coming they know there will be no pushback and skip certain legalities.
In all honesty, I'm not sure it is "policed" at all, I think if anything if they include a small notice on say a flyer/poster, that is enough. I honestly can't think of a person who's been jailed for it, but again I think it's because people do know that it's fake anyway. Maybe a it's a British thing, but I'd be so embarrassed to have to stand in front of a judge and say "Yes, I thought this guy was 100% real", and I imagine anybody who's been conned would feel the same.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
31-05-2017, 03:34 AM
(31-05-2017 03:30 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:22 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  What ever not had a cause?

You just said exactly what I said you would say
on the previous page. My inability to prove you wrong doesn't prove you right.

I know that me merely saying the words doesn't make me right but logically I'm right. I'm right on what is most likely true.
31-05-2017, 03:37 AM
Oak: I imagine most people do know it's shit, but I've met several people (including my friend) who I think would swear it is real. I have a lot of difficulty having conversations with such people on these subjects.

31-05-2017, 03:37 AM
(31-05-2017 03:32 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I know what a cold reading is, it's when a fraudulent psychic deceives you into stating
facts about yourself and then simply repeating them. But that's not what happened in my case, I said nothing, I let her do all the talking because I knew a cold reading was possible.
And actually, a genuine psychic gets their information from spirits and the reason why they don't get it right exactly 100% of the time is because their ability to interpret what the spirits are saying isn't perfect. But she knew ALOT about me, very personal things she shouldn't have known.

Clearly you DON'T know what cold reading is. They also take queues from facial changes to what they've said and body movement. Again, she could have also looked up basic information on you from the internet very easily. I would highly suggest reading that link mate, there are some very good examples of what cold reading really is.

I really don't to shatter your world here dude, but there is not such thing as a 'genuine' psychic, because its all total shit.

31-05-2017, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 03:45 AM by Robvalue.)
(31-05-2017 03:34 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:30 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  You just said exactly what I said you would say
on the previous page. My inability to prove you wrong doesn't prove you right.

I know that me merely saying the words doesn't make me right but logically I'm right. I'm right on what is most likely true.

Based on what? We have literally no data about what happened before a certain point. How can you know what is most likely true about it?

How do you know that what we perceive as logical still holds up even?

[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
31-05-2017, 03:38 AM
(31-05-2017 03:37 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Oak: I imagine mist people do know it's shit, but I've met several people (including my friend) who I think would swear it is real. I have a lot of difficulty having conversations with such people on these subjects.
Fair enough, might be worth point that out to them, that here in the UK it's even now legally known to be total garbage.

31-05-2017, 03:40 AM
(31-05-2017 03:34 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:24 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  But the reason why you don't know is because you'll never find out, because it's a logical impossibility otherwise
But it might not be though. We have a good
understanding of everything post big bang (how the universe formed from the remnants of that) and we're conducting tests right now with the hadron collider to find more answers to questions we already have in terms of how
atoms form from technically "nothing" and so forth.

I think as mentioned before, just because we don't know, and may never know, doesn't mean
that there 100% is a deity by default. In fact it's worth mentioning that people have always really looked for evidence of a deity or deitys, and found none...so therefore the evidence in favour of the big bang (something you can actually
measure/see to an extent) over any sort of religious story, is massive.

(31-05-2017 03:27 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  This is very interesting. I've said for years these frauds should be regulated properly, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see some attempt was made. I'd love to know how it works out in
practice. I imagine when they see a sucker coming they know there will be no pushback and skip certain legalities.
In all honesty, I'm not sure it is "policed" at all, I
think if anything if they include a small notice on say a flyer/poster, that is enough. I honestly can't think of a person who's been jailed for it, but again I think it's because people do know that it's fake anyway. Maybe a it's a British
thing, but I'd be so embarrassed to have to stand in front of a judge and say "Yes, I thought this guy was 100% real", and I imagine anybody who's been conned would feel the same.
It's impossible to make a vacuum that has absolutely nothing in it.
And I don't feel conned at all, in fact, I could've asked for a refund if I wanted to but I knew she was genuine so I didn't.