[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
30-05-2017, 05:10 PM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
I'm out.

We have enough dipshittery around here lately.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-05-2017, 05:10 PM
I do not "believe" the possibility of a god. I acknowledge that the probability of a demiurge existing is not literally zero.
Belief is irrelevant. The necessity for belief only makes sense in the context of a narrative such as "Christian Hell," which threatens people for not feeling correct enough about unverifiable things.

What specific things did this psychic say to you that you found the most convincing?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
30-05-2017, 05:11 PM
The psychic I talked to said there was a God, but a loving God, nothing like the Christian god
30-05-2017, 05:12 PM
(30-05-2017 05:08 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  How did she know so much about me then?

They ask you a bunch of general vague questions and you volunteer information more information than is necessary because you really want it to be true. Then it seem to be more accurate than it actually is. It's an old circus trick.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
30-05-2017, 05:15 PM
The psychic told me all about my grandmother. She knew she had 4 children and it's because of her I found out from my family she had a miscarrage. She knew my grandmother had a funny high pitched laugh and she even knew she died of a heart attack. And she knew my mother is the middle child.
30-05-2017, 05:16 PM
(30-05-2017 05:15 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  The psychic told me all about my grandmother. She knew she had 4 children and it's because of her I found out from my family she had a miscarrage. She knew my grandmother had a funny high pitched laugh and she even knew she died of a heart attack. And she knew my mother is the middle child.

Not as accurate as it seems.
30-05-2017, 05:17 PM
(30-05-2017 05:11 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  The psychic I talked to said there was a God, but a loving God, nothing like the Christian god

"Loving", okay, that fits many Christian retellings of Hebrew narratives so far. Which other qualities or motives did the psychic ascribe to this god which were distinct from the multiple god characters described in the Bible?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
30-05-2017, 05:18 PM
What do you mean she wasen't accurate?
30-05-2017, 05:19 PM
It's really easy for psychics to claim they know all about you. I've seen it done firsthand to a friend of mine who claimed the psychic was the real deal.

First, psychics are skilled at watching for body language, when you react positively via facial and body movements, they take that as a hit and continue and when you don't act positively to their "visions" they change course and say "Oh you may think of it later when you get home."

We're also pattern makers. We see meaningful patterns and correlations where there are none, psychics take full advantage of this.

Psychics are skilled to look at everything about you-what you are wearing, how you carry yourself, and so on. My friend who had the reading was in awe that the psychic knew she was in a relationship. Yeah, guess what so did everyone else thanks to her claddagh ring Wink
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post