I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 06:14 AM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(31-05-2017 06:04 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Do you think any of them could pass the dice test I described?

You know they couldn't, don't you? It would be very simple to do, especially over the phone.
Isn't knowing so much about you just as unlikely as getting dice rolls correct? Besides, it's unlikely a spirit would be interested in playing your game.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2017, 06:15 AM
(31-05-2017 06:12 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  You'd be surprised how many psychics believe in reincarnation. According to one of them, we are born in Heaven and we personally choose to live a life here on earth, to learn whatever lesson we need to learn.

And they're all frauds. Every. Single. One. There are no exceptions; more than one self-professed "psychic" has admitted that it's all a hoax. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...-ones.html
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
31-05-2017, 06:18 AM
(31-05-2017 06:15 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 06:12 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  You'd be surprised how many psychics believe in reincarnation. According to one of them, we are born in Heaven and we personally choose to live a life here on earth, to learn whatever lesson we need to learn.

And they're all frauds. Every. Single. One. There are no exceptions; more than one self-professed "psychic" has admitted that it's all a hoax. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...-ones.html
Have you investigated every single psychic in the world?
31-05-2017, 06:19 AM
(31-05-2017 06:12 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  According to one of them, we are born in Heaven and we personally choose to live a life here on earth, to learn whatever lesson we need to learn.
I came up with same theory but it is a speculation.It is interesting to consider such things but they are not facts.
[+] 1 user Likes sea_tiger's post
31-05-2017, 06:22 AM
(31-05-2017 06:18 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 06:15 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  And they're all frauds. Every. Single. One. There are no exceptions; more than one self-professed "psychic" has admitted that it's all a hoax. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...-ones.html
Have you investigated every single psychic in the world?

I knew you were going to say that.

Doesn't make me psychic.

I also know that you're not going to examine the evidence for the non-existence of God either because it would upset your existential applecart. That doesn't make me psychic either.
31-05-2017, 06:29 AM
(31-05-2017 06:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 06:18 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Have you investigated every single psychic in the world?

I knew you were going to say that.

Doesn't make me psychic.

I also know that you're not going to examine the
evidence for the non-existence of God either because it would upset your existential applecart. That doesn't make me psychic either.
Psychics don't just make claims, they state facts. The question is where did they get their information from?
31-05-2017, 06:32 AM
(31-05-2017 06:29 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Psychics don't just make claims, they state facts. The question is where did they get their information from?

Google the term "cold reading".

Edit to Add: Once you've figured out how they're gleaning the information from you that they use to "state facts", it's fun to run an experiment on the next psychic you meet by feeding them false data, and listening to their "facts" starting to fit your new, false narrative. Just don't let on that you're playing with them.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-05-2017, 06:33 AM
(31-05-2017 06:29 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Psychics don't just make claims, they state facts. The question is where did they get their information from?

We've been over this repeatedly. I'll put up the link just one more time (though I know you won't pay attention to it):

Learn Psychic Cold Reading

*edit to add*

I see RocketSurgeon beat me to it. Guess that makes him psychic.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
31-05-2017, 06:35 AM
(31-05-2017 06:33 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  

We've been over this repeatedly. I'll put up the link just one more time (though I know you won't pay attention to it):

Learn Psychic Cold Reading

*edit to add*

I see RocketSurgeon beat me to it. Guess that makes him psychic.

LOL I'm late to the thread, didn't know the link to the subject of cold reading had already been posted. Guess I'm not psychic! hehehe Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
31-05-2017, 06:39 AM
(31-05-2017 06:29 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 06:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I knew you were going to say that.

Doesn't make me psychic.

I also know that you're not going to examine the
evidence for the non-existence of God either because it would upset your existential applecart. That doesn't make me psychic either.
Psychics don't just make claims, they state facts. The question is where did they get their information from?

They state / guess at generalities. There is no mechanism for them to get their information, and there exists no study that has demonstrated it's validity.
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/...paranormal
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badast...S65W2jyuM8
http://www.dangeroustalk.net/a-team/Psychics
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-stud.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post