I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(31-05-2017 01:29 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  [Image: trololo.gif]
It's funny how everyone is calling me a troll and yet no one is telling me what it means. I guess free speech is not respected here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2017, 03:48 PM
(31-05-2017 03:39 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  What it would take to convince me that I'm wrong is proving that something can come from nothing and that psychics can know so much about you without you saying a word

First, you need to find someone who is actually saying that "something came from nothing" besides a theist, and apparently yourself.
[+] 3 users Like Grauwyler's post
31-05-2017, 03:51 PM
(31-05-2017 03:47 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 01:29 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  [Image: trololo.gif]
It's funny how everyone is calling me a troll and yet no one is telling me what it means. I guess free speech is not respected here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Free speech is fine and encouraged.

Dumbassery is not.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
31-05-2017, 04:00 PM
(31-05-2017 03:45 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 01:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Define "eternal", and tell us what that means in the absence of time.
Eternal is something that existed forever in the past and will exist forever in the future.

Please explain how what "past" and "future" mean without using the concept of time. Drinking Beverage

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
31-05-2017, 04:09 PM
(31-05-2017 04:00 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:45 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Eternal is something that existed forever in the past and will exist forever in the future.

Please explain how what "past" and "future" mean without using the concept of time. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Ouroboros-dragon-serpent-snake-symbol.jpg]

Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
31-05-2017, 04:10 PM
(31-05-2017 03:28 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  If they made up the test then what did they mean when they said it was "science based"?

They meant that they could fool more people by making a pretense that what they are doing is based on science instead of just admitting that they are either deluded or conmen.

(31-05-2017 03:39 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  What it would take to convince me that I'm wrong is proving that something can come from nothing

Something from nothing may be the case; you've been pointed to Lawrence Krauss multiple times and he is in a position to have a qualified opinion on the subject. For most of us the answer is simply "we don't know". You are convinced you are right but have no evidence for that conclusion -- your "common sense" simply doesn't apply to areas where you have no experience or expertise and it is pretty arrogant to insist that you have to be right until proven wrong when you literally do not know what you are talking about (note that I'm not saying I am qualified to draw conclusions about it either -- that's why I don't).

Quote:and that psychics can know so much about you without you saying a word

You've been directed to info on cold reading multiple times. Read up on it and find some videos where people show how it is done. Our ability for self-deception is incredible and these "psychics" tap into that expertly. The odds are heavily tilted towards you being duped given the mountains of evidence of fraud and deception and zero confirmed evidence of psychic powers.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
31-05-2017, 04:11 PM
(31-05-2017 03:41 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Thank you, schizophrenia ruined my life so badly that I'm just going to end it one day. I can't now though, I have 3 dogs that I'm not going to abandon.

I feel bad now, because I thought RS was being facetious. As someone who suffers from a debilitating neurological condition myself, I certainly wouldn't trade places with you, and I sincerely hope you are receiving help. Life DOES go on, and has the ability to be what you make it, but I would never wish ill for you no matter how much I may disagree with you in an exchange of ideas.

I have a 16+ year-old terrier mutt that I love like life itself. I hope you find more to sustain you through the difficulty that is life besides just them though.
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post
31-05-2017, 04:18 PM
(31-05-2017 03:51 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:47 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  It's funny how everyone is calling me a troll and yet no one is telling me what it means. I guess free speech is not respected here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Dumbassery is not.
So not being intelligent according to your standards is not allowed?
31-05-2017, 04:25 PM
(31-05-2017 04:18 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:51 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Dumbassery is not.
So not being intelligent according to your standards is not allowed?

That is clearly an equivocation -- a logical fallacy. If you did that deliberately, your response is itself evidence of a troll's dumbassery.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
31-05-2017, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 04:56 PM by adey67.)
(31-05-2017 03:25 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 07:00 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  No. It is considerably lmore likely. Information that already exists is far easier to obtain than information - like the outcome of a die roll - that does not.

You could even roll a different-sized die taken at random for each trial (D4, D6, D8, D12 and D20 - more exotic shapes are available.)
If it's so likely, then why don't you do a cold reading for me? Tell me my grandmother and grandfather's name from my father's side and tell me how many children they have. If it's so easy...
You were likely the victim of warm or hot reading as well as cold reading, did you pay by debit/credit card by any chance ? Did you give your full name and location, are you on social media ? There are no such things as spirits and no such thing a real psychics, I suggest you visit the bad psychics website where you will find articles and explanations on how psychics con people, educate yourself. Drinking Beverage