I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 05:23 PM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(31-05-2017 03:22 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I would think that God is a being like a person.

On what basis?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-05-2017, 05:25 PM
(31-05-2017 03:33 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  What is trolling?

It's been my experience that only trolls ask this question.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
31-05-2017, 05:27 PM
(31-05-2017 04:11 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  I feel bad now, because I thought RS was being facetious.

I was being facetious, but only on Robvalue's genuine expression of empathy for a person suffering from schizophrenia, which turned out to have an amusing turn of phrase when the term "dog" was added to the end. (Try to picture him saying it in his Brit accent.) It was in no way a slight against anyone's mental health.

Now, that said... Dog's accusations against us for trying to point out that there are standards of evidence, standards of reasonable discourse, and standards of "we already explained to you how to look this up for yourself so why didn't you before you accused us of being hostile to you?", I'd say qualify him as a potential troll.

If he won't look up what that means but persists in pretending he is the last guy on earth who doesn't know what an internet troll is, I'd say that's definite proof that he's just trolling us.

I don't like manipulative people. Spent way, way, way too much time among them in my life, already.

Edit to Add: I see Thump and I had the same thought at the same time. Thumbsup

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-05-2017, 05:40 PM
(31-05-2017 03:45 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 01:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Define "eternal", and tell us what that means in the absence of time.
Eternal is something that existed forever in the past and will exist forever in the future.

Not good enough. You didn't answer the question. There is no past and no future in a timeless environment, which is what theology says is it.

You anthropomorphism is showing. Why should a god be like a person ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-05-2017, 05:48 PM
(31-05-2017 03:51 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:47 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  It's funny how everyone is calling me a troll and yet no one is telling me what it means. I guess free speech is not respected here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Free speech is fine and encouraged.

Dumbassery is not.
Well according to that definition of troll I am not one because my goal is not to upset people but to seek the truth.
31-05-2017, 05:52 PM
(31-05-2017 04:11 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:41 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Thank you, schizophrenia ruined my life so badly that I'm just going to end it one day. I can't now though, I have 3 dogs that I'm not going to abandon.

I feel bad now, because I thought RS was being facetious. As someone who suffers from a debilitating neurological condition myself, I
certainly wouldn't trade places with you, and I sincerely hope you are receiving help. Life DOES go on, and has the ability to be what you make it, but I would never wish ill for you no matter how much I may disagree with you in an
exchange of ideas.

I have a 16+ year-old terrier mutt that I love like life itself. I hope you find more to sustain you through the difficulty that is life besides just
them though.
Life has no meaning to me without my dogs. They are all my best friends and they have always been there for me when others haven't. I know you don't believe in the afterlife but I do and I want to join them there and never be seperated from them again
31-05-2017, 05:56 PM
(31-05-2017 04:37 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:25 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  If it's so likely, then why don't you do a cold reading for me? Tell me my grandmother and grandfather's name from my father's side and tell me how many children they have. If it's so
easy...
You were likely the victim of warm or hot reading as well as cold reading, did you pay
by debit/credit card by any chance ? Did you give
your full name and location, are you on social media ? There are no such things as spirits and no such thing a real psychics, I suggest
you visit the bad psychics website where you will find articles and explanations on how psychics
con people, educate yourself. Drinking Beverage

I only told them my name is Jennifer C I paid with debit and there is no mention of my grandmother in any of my social media
accounts.
I'm still waiting for my cold reading by the way
31-05-2017, 06:02 PM
(31-05-2017 05:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:22 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I would think that God is a being like a person.

On what basis?
That's what the psychics say
31-05-2017, 06:04 PM
(31-05-2017 05:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:45 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Eternal is something that existed forever in the past and will exist forever in the future.

Not good enough. You didn't answer the question. There is no past and no future in a timeless environment, which is what theology says is it.

You anthropomorphism is showing. Why should a god be like a person ?
You don't believe in time?
31-05-2017, 06:05 PM
(31-05-2017 05:56 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I'm still waiting for my cold reading by the way

You've already had one. It cost you $250. Do some research on the subject; we aren't scam artists practiced in the art of doing cold readings. We aren't talking to you on the phone where we can hear inflections, pauses, and other clues to your reactions. You keep saying that you did not give any clues and we keep telling you that we don't believe that so this is going nowhere.

Maybe you've found the one real psychic in all of history and instead of using their ability to solve crimes or otherwise benefit humanity they dole out trivial information for a fee by phone... or perhaps you've been snookered and you are too gullible to realize it or too proud to admit it. I know which seems more likely to me.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post