I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 01:05 AM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(31-05-2017 06:02 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 05:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  On what basis?
That's what the psychics say

Yep, trolololol ... but not quite the comedian she (he?) would like to be.

Enjoy the ride, DL. I'm sure you'll get a thrill or two out of it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 01:20 AM
(31-05-2017 06:34 PM)neurotibotical Wrote:  I sense much hatred in this thread.

What else do you expect in a thread started by such a disingenuous person?

Patronizing dodgery is no recipe for winning friends and influencing people. Treating total strangers as simpletons rarely results in their amity.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-06-2017, 03:43 AM
(31-05-2017 03:25 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 07:00 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  No. It is considerably lmore likely. Information that already exists is far easier to obtain than information - like the outcome of a die roll - that does not.

You could even roll a different-sized die taken at random for each trial (D4, D6, D8, D12 and D20 - more exotic shapes are available.)
If it's so likely, then why don't you do a cold reading for me? Tell me my grandmother and grandfather's name from my father's side and tell me how many children they have. If it's so easy...

Okay. But let's get the preliminaries out of the way first:
Take all the money you have.
Sell all of your possessions to add money to the total.
Send it.

I'll use the money to support myself while making a detailed study of cold reading, then I'll get back to you.

Incidentally 'more likely' does not mean 'highly likely'. It is a comparative term. If you roll two six-sided dice, a total of three is more likely than a total of two (twice as likely, in fact), but eleven times out of twelve the total will be four or more.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 1 user Likes Norm Deplume's post
01-06-2017, 03:48 AM
(31-05-2017 05:48 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:51 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Free speech is fine and encouraged.

Dumbassery is not.
Well according to that definition of troll I am not one because my goal is not to upset people but to seek the truth.
That is a typical troll answer.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

01-06-2017, 04:51 AM
(31-05-2017 09:21 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  @Dog

You haven't addressed this directly: do you think any of the "real" psychics could pass the dice test? Could they produce a significant number of hits over the phone? Would they even try?

They may be able to produce a significant number of hits in person, if they are able to see your face and your reactions. That would, I bet, be a get-out clause for any psychic that actually took on this challenge. (Check out Derren Brown on YouTube. He's an absolute master at this kind of thing. He debunks psychics and does all kinds of amazing tricks.)

I suspect most would be too wise to be caught in it at all, and would make excuses about how spirits don't give them that kind of information or something. It doesn't give off the right aura. Any excuse to not have their claims properly tested. It's like when I ask people who have a "personal relationship with God" to tell me what number I'm thinking of. Suddenly God becomes all coy and endless excuses are made.

Psychics and mediums conning people is a major hot button I hate what they do with a passion they are capable of conning many regardless of either high average or below average intellect they also tap into a persons vulnerability and in Doglovers case her schizophrenia could have a significant role to play in her being duped.
I'm not saying that to be shitty just that Imo we cannot refuse to accept the situation and ignore it just for the sake of being politically correct, it doesn't mean that DL is dumb or uneducated it means she has certain vulnerabilities associated with the fragmented thought processes seen in schizophrenia and someone took $250 from a grieving vulnerable person with a mental illness and that is super shitty, as low as a snakes belly and as bad Imo as beating up a young child or a frail elderly person. I'm fucking fuming Angry and as Rocket Surgeon observed peoples (or in this case my) anger and hostility is due to seeing someone so thoroughly taken in and so desperate to believe that all the explanations video and website links and suggestions are completely ignored or rejected, its like watching a person looking up at a cloudless summers sky and adamantly denying that sky is blue.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-06-2017, 04:55 AM
Dog, I asked before but can you give me a rough outline of how this worked out?

IE: when you contacted them, what was said. Who said what etc. I'd just like to know if you gave them ANY details about yourself prior to the call you had, such as Name/Address/age?

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
01-06-2017, 06:33 AM
(31-05-2017 07:35 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm going to comment only on the psychic part.

They're liars and full of shit. I studied mentalism and have done cold readings. You may think you gave your psychic no info, but I assure you that you did. As much as you try not to, I've been scarily accurate from watching reactions and giving vague info. Same with reading runes. In fact, I was 100% correct when reading runes.

The main difference between mentalists (in the performance magic world) and psychics is that you go into it knowing people like me are fake. A psychic will charge you money and lie.

So, whoever is reading this at this moment... You're annoyed because people never listen to you, and you feel unappreciated. (Now give me $10.)
Well that wasen't what my reading was like, she gave my facts about my grandmother that she wasen't supposed to know. If you can do that right now I'll drop the whole psychic thing.
01-06-2017, 06:35 AM
(01-06-2017 06:33 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Well that wasen't what my reading was like, she gave my facts about my grandmother that she wasen't supposed to know. If you can do that right now I'll drop the whole psychic thing.

We have already been over this numerous times.

Besides, it's entirely irrelevant to the original intent of the thread.

Time to move along.
01-06-2017, 06:35 AM
(31-05-2017 07:41 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 07:11 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  It isn't coming from me. I just wanted a friendly discussion on the evidence of God and they're acting like this a is war or something.
Believe me this is nothing, so far folks have
been pretty easy on you especially considering some of the specious things you've been saying.
But why are most atheists so mean? I mean, why can't they be friendly? Sure people may not always agree with them but that doesn't mean they should verbally tear them apart.
[+] 1 user Likes DogLover12347's post
01-06-2017, 06:40 AM
(31-05-2017 07:49 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Beagles make great pets. You gave them a good life and that's more than some do.

We got Darwin from a shelter. We don't know who his previous owner was but he was the sort that makes me want to believe in reincarnation just so that SOB can spend the rest of time as the intestinal fauna of an incontinent Yak.

Protip: If you want a friendly discussion then don't reply to the unfriendly responses. That and keep clear of religion until you know us better. There is a near limitless supply of more interesting topics.

On the topic of causes, the universe likely doesn't and can't have one.

- A cause is an event.
- Events require both space and time.
- Without the universe there is neither space nor time and thus no causes.

Asking what caused the universe is like asking what time it was before the Big Bang. The question makes no sense because our
language can't properly express the concepts.
I just didn't want to talk about something boring. What topics do you like to talk about?