I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 07:07 AM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(01-06-2017 01:20 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 06:34 PM)neurotibotical Wrote:  I sense much hatred in this thread.

What else do you expect in a thread started by such a disingenuous person?

Patronizing dodgery is no recipe for winning friends and influencing people. Treating total strangers as simpletons rarely results in their
amity.
Could you quote me on when I actually did that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 07:09 AM
(01-06-2017 06:49 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 08:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  This is good advice doglover, its simply asking for trouble to come to an atheist forum and
witter about psychics and burblings from the great beyond. You like dogs I do too, my doggie is my life I would be dead without her I'm sure. Start again, avoid controversial stuff get to know folks and generally settle in and I'm sure you
will find your niche here.
Then how do you get to talking about things that may be controversial but are still important nonetheless?

Its how you phrase things and generally interact, we have believers here who are well respected generally they avoid controversial topics or they at least acknowledge points in a debate etc, acceptance is key too, acceptance of the fact this is an atheist forum and that just because we may not respect your view on a subject doesn't mean we disrespect you the person, reading between the lines of posts helps too. There are some here who have to be right at all costs or who nitpick or who are just plain mean but that's not the majority.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
England rules! In some ways. In other ways it's stupid.

I find tea okay, but it's hard to drink the minimum legal daily limit.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01-06-2017 06:59 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 09:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Coward. Big Grin

What evidence? The vast majority of your human compatriots? Did I mention, coward?
Laugh out load

I'm not entirely atheist myself, but unless you are ready to come to terms with the fact that the salvation of the human race depends upon your
acceptance of Gwyneth Paltrow as goddess of all, we fucked. Wink
I don't believe we need salvation, I believe God already loves us.

> The fact that there is so much evil and suffering in the world is positive proof that there is no omnipotent, omni-righteous, omnibenevolent God watching over us. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
01-06-2017, 07:11 AM
(01-06-2017 03:48 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 05:48 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Well according to that definition of troll I am not one because my goal is not to upset people but to seek the truth.
That is a typical troll answer.
Maybe it's because you are quick to accuse and slow to reason. I'm not a Christian, but I know that they are always accused of being judgmental. Well now I'm beginning to see that some atheists are very judgmental as well.
01-06-2017, 07:14 AM
(01-06-2017 04:55 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Dog, I asked before but can you give me a rough outline of how this worked out?

IE: when you contacted them, what was said. Who said what etc. I'd just like to know if you gave them ANY details about yourself prior to the call you had, such as Name/Address/age?
Well you go on their website and give some information like that but they encouraged me not to type my last name. And when I phoned her, she started by explaining what a reading was and encouraged me to say as little as possible.
01-06-2017, 07:16 AM
(01-06-2017 06:35 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:33 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Well that wasen't what my reading was like, she gave my facts about my grandmother that she wasen't supposed to know. If you can do that right now I'll drop the whole psychic thing.

We have already been over this numerous times.

Besides, it's entirely irrelevant to the original intent of the thread.

Time to move along.
But he claims he can do cold readings. What a perfect opportunity to see if it can really be done.
01-06-2017, 07:16 AM
(01-06-2017 07:09 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  England rules! In some ways. In other ways it's stupid.

I find tea okay, but it's hard to drink the minimum legal daily limit.
How very dare you Sir! England is the land of the gods. And Tea is lovely. Although if anybody here lives in the US and has a spare room, I'd be round in a heart-beat!

(01-06-2017 04:55 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Dog, I asked before but can you give me a rough outline of how this worked out?

IE: when you contacted them, what was said. Who said what etc. I'd just like to know if you gave them ANY details about yourself prior to the call you had, such as Name/Address/age?

Well Dog? Anything? Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
01-06-2017, 07:20 AM
(01-06-2017 06:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:35 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  But why are most atheists so mean? I mean, why can't they be friendly? Sure people may not always agree with them but that doesn't mean they should verbally tear them apart.

Read Rockets and Paleophytes posts also read my later posts you're being very selective
about what you read and take in it seems to me Jennifer.
Take a look at the many posts on here and the time and effort people have gone to to try and help you avoid being conned out of $ 250 again
This is a combative forum and if you post woo you will get pulled on it, this forum is not for everyone especially if you are of a sensitive nature.

Its generalisations like why are most atheists so mean that precipitates negative responses.
If I may speak plainly Jennifer you need to be a little more self aware about what you're saying.
I for one have gone to an expert and spent time and effort to explain your psychic reading and ask him to help me explain it to you, I'm waiting for his response, does this sound like something a mean person would do ?
No, but I didn't say that all atheists are mean, just that most that I have encountered are, that's all.
01-06-2017, 07:22 AM
(01-06-2017 07:20 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Read Rockets and Paleophytes posts also read my later posts you're being very selective
about what you read and take in it seems to me Jennifer.
Take a look at the many posts on here and the time and effort people have gone to to try and help you avoid being conned out of $ 250 again
This is a combative forum and if you post woo you will get pulled on it, this forum is not for everyone especially if you are of a sensitive nature.

Its generalisations like why are most atheists so mean that precipitates negative responses.
If I may speak plainly Jennifer you need to be a little more self aware about what you're saying.
I for one have gone to an expert and spent time and effort to explain your psychic reading and ask him to help me explain it to you, I'm waiting for his response, does this sound like something a mean person would do ?
No, but I didn't say that all atheists are mean, just that most that I have encountered are, that's all.

> Never fear, sir. I do NOT fall into that category. Consider