I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(01-06-2017 07:11 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 03:48 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  That is a typical troll answer.
Maybe it's because you are quick to accuse and slow to reason. I'm not a Christian, but I know that they are always accused of being judgmental. Well now I'm beginning to see that some atheists are very judgmental as well.

Very sadly Jennifer I don't think I can help you or continue with this exchange as everything I and others have said seems to have been ignored or very selectively responded to. This grieves me some what as I had hoped to be helpful and supportive. Good luck and all the best to you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-06-2017, 07:25 AM
(01-06-2017 07:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:57 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Well I would be an athiest, only it would take imagination to create imagination wouldn't it?
And I know this is off topic but it seems like a few people here are from the U.K. I've been there for a swimming tournament before and I
thought it was such an amazing place. Where do they get their tea from?

Mostly India, glad you like the UK I'm from
Sussex in EnglandSmile
You know, I lived in Spain for most of my childhood and I was always fascinated by other cultures. When I went to England my mom and I visited places like the Buckingham Palace and gianormous tea shops. The only bad thing there is we got rained on a lot. I mean downpours. We didn't have a car so we'd have to run through it sometimes.
01-06-2017, 07:26 AM
(01-06-2017 07:14 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 04:55 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Dog, I asked before but can you give me a rough outline of how this worked out?

IE: when you contacted them, what was said. Who said what etc. I'd just like to know if you gave them ANY details about yourself prior to the call you had, such as Name/Address/age?
Well you go on their website and give some information like that but they encouraged me not to type my last name. And when I phoned her, she started by explaining what a reading was and encouraged me to say as little as possible.

I bet you had to give them a credit card number before the reading started. That gives them access to reams of information about you.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
01-06-2017, 07:28 AM
(01-06-2017 07:05 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:02 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I only believe a psychic would pass the dice test if the spirit that was with the psychic was interested in playing. But usually spirits are more interested in comforting the bereaved and then returning to Heaven.

The spirit could use the game to show it's really them, and not someone making stuff up. I'd
have thought that's important enough to spend a few minutes on, if I was a spirit.
Well think of it, if you died and were a spirit and you knew your family was deeply grieving over you, would you want to play a dice game or share personal memories with them?
01-06-2017, 07:31 AM
(01-06-2017 07:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:49 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Then how do you get to talking about things that may be controversial but are still important nonetheless?

Its how you phrase things and generally interact, we have believers here who are well respected generally they avoid controversial topics or they at least acknowledge points in a
debate etc, acceptance is key too, acceptance of the fact this is an atheist forum and that just because we may not respect your view on a subject doesn't mean we disrespect you the person, reading between the lines of posts
helps too. There are some here who have to be right at all costs or who nitpick or who are just plain mean but that's not the majority.
I'm sorry, I'm just not used to having to be so careful when I talk. I usually just speak my mind.
01-06-2017, 07:32 AM
(01-06-2017 07:09 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  England rules! In some ways. In other ways it's stupid.

I find tea okay, but it's hard to drink the minimum legal daily limit.
There's a limit to how much tea you can drink?
01-06-2017, 07:34 AM
(01-06-2017 07:09 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:59 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I don't believe we need salvation, I believe God already loves us.

> The fact that there is so much evil and
suffering in the world is positive proof that there is no omnipotent, omni-righteous, omnibenevolent God watching over us. Consider
Or maybe God wants us to figure it out for ourselves. When you teach a child to ride a bike, eventually you have to let go.
01-06-2017, 07:34 AM
(01-06-2017 07:28 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:05 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  The spirit could use the game to show it's really them, and not someone making stuff up. I'd
have thought that's important enough to spend a few minutes on, if I was a spirit.
Well think of it, if you died and were a spirit and you knew your family was deeply grieving over you, would you want to play a dice game or share personal memories with them?

Mediums cause false memories to be implanted frequently leading to an addiction to consulting them they also interfere with the grieving process. Under proper controlled conditions 100% of mediums fail 100% of the time. I'm not actually writing this for Jennifer as her desire to believe is so strong any attempt at discourse is futile but we may have lurkers who might benefit.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-06-2017, 07:35 AM
(01-06-2017 07:14 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 04:55 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Dog, I asked before but can you give me a rough outline of how this worked out?

IE: when you contacted them, what was said. Who said what etc. I'd just like to know if you gave them ANY details about yourself prior to the call you had, such as Name/Address/age?
Well you go on their website and give some information like that but they encouraged me not to type my last name. And when I phoned her, she started by explaining what a reading was and encouraged me to say as little as possible.
Ok, but EXACTLY what DID you tell them? I need information on this. not just vague "well I told them my first name", I need the full info of what you DID tell them, and then what they said/how they said it, like details of how they supposedly told you things.

I can't accepts "they told me things that was spooky" without you telling me exactly what happened in the conversation, What they said/what you said/in what order etc.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
01-06-2017, 07:40 AM
(01-06-2017 07:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:11 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Maybe it's because you are quick to accuse and slow to reason. I'm not a Christian, but I know that they are always accused of being judgmental. Well now I'm beginning to see that some atheists are very judgmental as well.

Very sadly Jennifer I don't think I can help you or continue with this exchange as everything I
and others have said seems to have been ignored or very selectively responded to. This grieves me some what as I had hoped to be helpful and supportive. Good luck and all the best to you.
I didn't mean to hurt you, but did you mean to hurt me by calling me a troll?