I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 07:41 AM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(01-06-2017 07:26 AM)julep Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:14 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Well you go on their website and give some information like that but they encouraged me not to type my last name. And when I phoned her, she started by explaining what a reading was and encouraged me to say as little as
possible.

I bet you had to give them a credit card number before the reading started. That gives them
access to reams of information about you.
What information does a credit card give about you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 07:44 AM
(01-06-2017 07:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:14 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Well you go on their website and give some information like that but they encouraged me not to type my last name. And when I phoned her, she started by explaining what a reading was and encouraged me to say as little as
possible.
Ok, but EXACTLY what DID you tell them? I need information on this. not just vague "well I told them my first name", I need the full info of
what you DID tell them, and then what they said/how they said it, like details of how they supposedly told you things.

I can't accepts "they told me things that was
spooky" without you telling me exactly what happened in the conversation, What they said/what you said/in what order etc.
I can't remember everything that was said, this reading was done last February.
01-06-2017, 07:46 AM
(01-06-2017 07:41 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:26 AM)julep Wrote:  I bet you had to give them a credit card number before the reading started. That gives them
access to reams of information about you.
What information does a credit card give about you?
At very least the basic information help by the CC provider: Name/Address/Age and DOB/Address (Possibly the last 6 years worth of address'). which could obviously be exploited to expand on information via public records and so on.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
01-06-2017, 07:48 AM
(01-06-2017 07:44 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Ok, but EXACTLY what DID you tell them? I need information on this. not just vague "well I told them my first name", I need the full info of
what you DID tell them, and then what they said/how they said it, like details of how they supposedly told you things.

I can't accepts "they told me things that was
spooky" without you telling me exactly what happened in the conversation, What they said/what you said/in what order etc.
I can't remember everything that was said, this reading was done last February.
Surely you can remember the basic gist of the conversation though?

Who spoke first/roughly what was said/your responses?

No offence but you'd be a terrible court witness.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
01-06-2017, 07:52 AM
(01-06-2017 07:40 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Very sadly Jennifer I don't think I can help you or continue with this exchange as everything I
and others have said seems to have been ignored or very selectively responded to. This grieves me some what as I had hoped to be helpful and supportive. Good luck and all the best to you.
I didn't mean to hurt you, but did you mean to hurt me by calling me a troll?

At no point in our discussion did I call you a troll, others have I know but I'm pretty sure I diddnt. You haven't hurt me hon, its just I can see you are just not ready to think rationally or skeptically about your psychic reading which saddens me as I don't like to see people taken advantage of.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-06-2017, 07:54 AM
(01-06-2017 06:33 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 07:35 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm going to comment only on the psychic part.

They're liars and full of shit. I studied mentalism and have done cold readings. You may think you gave your psychic no info, but I assure you that you did. As much as you try not to, I've been scarily accurate from watching reactions and giving vague info. Same with reading runes. In fact, I was 100% correct when reading runes.

The main difference between mentalists (in the performance magic world) and psychics is that you go into it knowing people like me are fake. A psychic will charge you money and lie.

So, whoever is reading this at this moment... You're annoyed because people never listen to you, and you feel unappreciated. (Now give me $10.)
Well that wasen't what my reading was like, she gave my facts about my grandmother that she wasen't supposed to know. If you can do that right now I'll drop the whole psychic thing.
I never even said what the psychic told you. As I said, you may believe that you gave no info or insight. You did. Watch videos of other people getting readings. They hint, they offer, and they help. Afterwards, they always say, "I didn't tell her a thing!"

Second, that's why psychics don't perform readings over text. They cant. They can't see you, hear voice inflection, or watch reactions.

So again, you honestly believe that you gave no help. I'm telling you, just like every other person who has ever gotten a reading and believed it, you did. I know you remember yourself giving no assistance. That's part of it.

In fact, I'm insisting you're an intelligent person. Often it's much easier to pull this on intelligent people. You can't do cold readings or hypnosis on the mentally challenged.

I'm not sure what is hard to believe. I've done this exact trick many times. It was part of my act. I can even make you choose the five of clubs 100 times in a row. I can burn a card and make it appear in the ashes when I spread them on my arm. I can change into 5 different shirts without taking them off. I'm not, however, a wizard. Like the psychic, I'm taking advantage of your tendency to not notice what you or others do and say.

It's age-old training. But just like a psychic (who knows they're fake), you can't do this unless done in person.

I'm not doubting your intelligence or anything. I'm saying psychics do this because they know they can. Realize they have no real magical powers.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
01-06-2017, 07:59 AM
(01-06-2017 06:35 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  But why are most atheists so mean? I mean, why can't they be friendly? Sure people may not always agree with them but that doesn't mean they should verbally tear them apart.

Many atheists tend to be blunt, especially when being confronted with unsubstantiated claims that they've heard thousands of times before. That can seem like they are being mean, especially to somebody from a culture where beliefs and opinions are supposed to be respected whether they are supported by evidence or not. In general, the issue is the unsupported belief and not the person stating it but it can be hard to separate the two.

It gets worse when the person making the claims is unwilling to admit that they are, in fact, unsupported. If you tell me you believe there is a god despite there being no rational reason behind it then fine... I think it's a shame but it's your life. When you tell me that your belief is rational and then can't supply testable, demonstrable support for it then I'll probably get very blunt about saying you are simply being irrational.

(01-06-2017 06:49 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Then how do you get to talking about things that may be controversial but are still important nonetheless?

We look at the evidence supporting both sides of the controversy. Varying priorities and life experiences can cause honest differences of opinion but the facts are what those opinions ultimately have to be based on.

(01-06-2017 06:59 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I don't believe we need salvation, I believe God already loves us.

Things like that...

(01-06-2017 07:02 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I only believe a psychic would pass the dice test if the spirit that was with the psychic was interested in playing. But usually spirits are more interested in comforting the bereaved and then returning to Heaven.

and that are what tend to raise hackles, at least for me. You are stating beliefs that are not based on anything that is demonstrably true. You have a right to hold whatever opinions you want but I do not agree that beliefs should be respected automatically. Respect has to be earned and that requires showing that you have good, solid reasons for your beliefs.

(01-06-2017 07:06 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  I actually believe what the psychics say, just as you actually believe what other atheists say

I believe what other atheists say when what they say is supported by the evidence. I disbelieve in psychics because the evidence of fraud is overwhelming and the evidence of ability is effectively zero. The best that can possibly said is that we don't know how they got something right.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
01-06-2017, 08:00 AM
(01-06-2017 07:54 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I can burn a card and make it appear in the ashes when I spread them on my arm.

Damn, I've always wanted to know how to do that!
01-06-2017, 08:03 AM
(01-06-2017 07:54 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I can even make you choose the five of clubs 100 times in a row.
I used to do that "card force" trick a lot 30 years ago when I had an interest in illusionism ...I had more than one person snatch the deck out of my hand, thinking it was a deck of just that card.

I've been a meticulous journal-keeper since high school ...it amazes me to this day that memories that seem clear to me now don't always match up with what I wrote about it at the time.
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post
01-06-2017, 08:04 AM
I'm not commenting anymore. I'm not being mean, but we're all being told we are. I'm trying to help, but OP will always insist psychics have magical connections to the spirit world.

OP admitted to not knowing what was said, but knows for sure OP gave no help (even by accident). I even said it has to be in person.

I'm not continuing.
[+] 5 users Like Clockwork's post