I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(01-06-2017 07:41 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:26 AM)julep Wrote:  I bet you had to give them a credit card number before the reading started. That gives them
access to reams of information about you.
What information does a credit card give about you?

Depends on the kind of info services they subscribe to. I'd bet they use enhanced systems and have a lot of specific info on you and your history as well as basic demographics. They can afford to subscribe to fancy stuff if they're charging $250/hour.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 08:26 AM
(01-06-2017 07:11 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 03:48 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  That is a typical troll answer.
Maybe it's because you are quick to accuse and slow to reason. I'm not a Christian, but I know that they are always accused of being judgmental. Well now I'm beginning to see that some atheists are very judgmental as well.

A typical internet troll never admits to being one. They have a tendency to ask disingenuous questions when it suits while leaping to erroneous conclusions from a comment rather than asking for clarification at other times. They also tend to become petulant when any logical flaws in their arguments are pointed out.

In this case I noted that your comment was indistinguishable from one produced by a known troll. It cannot be used to show that you are not a troll, nor does it show that you are. From your posts in this thread I think - but cannot prove - that you are either a troll or a Poe.

=====================
I have teas from India, China, Japan, and Sri Lanka. After several posts mentioning the drink made me thirsty, I brewed a pot of Orange Pekoe (from Sri Lanka). Delicious! Now on the second cup.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 4 users Like Norm Deplume's post
01-06-2017, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 08:38 AM by adey67.)
(01-06-2017 08:26 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:11 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Maybe it's because you are quick to accuse and slow to reason. I'm not a Christian, but I know that they are always accused of being judgmental. Well now I'm beginning to see that some atheists are very judgmental as well.

A typical internet troll never admits to being one. They have a tendency to ask disingenuous questions when it suits while leaping to erroneous conclusions from a comment rather than asking for clarification at other times. They also tend to become petulant when any logical flaws in their arguments are pointed out.

In this case I noted that your comment was indistinguishable from one produced by a known troll. It cannot be used to show that you are not a troll, nor does it show that you are. From your posts in this thread I think - but cannot prove - that you are either a troll or a Poe.

=====================
I have teas from India, China, Japan, and Sri Lanka. After several posts mentioning the drink made me thirsty, I brewed a pot of Orange Pekoe (from Sri Lanka). Delicious! Now on the second cup.
I'm enjoying a mug of Lapsang Souchong Assam mix.
Its possible her mental health issues could be causing her to appear like a troll when she isn't I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt, even if she is one which I doubt tbh, she's pretty benign and pleasant enough to talk to just rather frustrating at times.
I think she might be a bit socially isolated and lonely at the moment something I can identify with. Sad
01-06-2017, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 09:01 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(01-06-2017 06:49 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Then how do you get to talking about things that may be controversial but are still important nonetheless?

Much depends on the earnestness of both conversants. One reason why you're getting rough handling in this thread is because you utterly refuse to digest the points being put to you, and instead simply cling to this "well, you tell me about my grandmother" snark.

Look, no one likes being taken in for $250. But when others are trying to help you see how you got bamboozled, and you brush everything they say away with obstreperous snark, baseless claims, and what appears to be deliberate incomprehension, you are not going to make very many friends.

You should probably think more about the points that have been put to you ... or go work some overtime, because you'll apparently be needing quite a bit of money in the future. I'm no psychic, but even I can see that necessity.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-06-2017, 09:02 AM
(01-06-2017 08:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 08:26 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  I have teas from India, China, Japan, and Sri Lanka. After several posts mentioning the drink made me thirsty, I brewed a pot of Orange Pekoe (from Sri Lanka). Delicious! Now on the second cup.
I'm enjoying a mug of Lapsang Souchong Assam mix.
Lapsabg Souchong is one tea that I genuinely dislike. I enjoy Assam, most brands of English Breakfast, Earl Grey, and Gunpowder; I found Darjeeling to be overrated.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

01-06-2017, 09:08 AM
(01-06-2017 09:02 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 08:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm enjoying a mug of Lapsang Souchong Assam mix.
Lapsabg Souchong is one tea that I genuinely dislike. I enjoy Assam, most brands of English Breakfast, Earl Grey, and Gunpowder; I found Darjeeling to be overrated.

Darjeeling is definitely overrated although better than no tea at all, I get quite panicky if I have less than a hundred teabags and half a pound of loose tea in the house. Big Grin
01-06-2017, 09:16 AM
(01-06-2017 08:16 AM)julep Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:41 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  What information does a credit card give about you?

Depends on the kind of info services they subscribe to. I'd bet they use enhanced systems and have a lot of specific info on you and your history as well as basic demographics. They can afford to subscribe to fancy stuff if they're charging $250/hour.
It's also worth mentioning that with basic information, such as your age, they can hazard a guess and "generic" things, such as how many members of your family are alive, and dependent on your area of the US, they would most likely be able to hazard a guess at not only if they have died but what of, using common trending data from the area.

For example: if you are my age, so 28/29, I would say it's highly likely that you may have lost a grand parent by now. Everybody has at least 4 grand parents (if you're spread out like my family through divorce and re-marriage, you have many lol. I have/had 6 for example, plus my great grand parents were alive when I was a youngster and THEY divorced and remarried lol.) and unless they had your parents very young, and in turn they have you very young, they are probably in the realm of 70-90, and therefore at least one of them may have most likely passed on.

Then the stinger would be they say "I see a women", which makes you instantly think of your two grandma's. Followed up with "she want's you to know she's well, and hasn't seen you in a very long time", which is super ambiguous; Are they alive and miss you in feeling? Have they died and it's been a while? etc.

Many have already said it, but consider...just for a split second...that it IS all total bollocks and you've been conned out of $250? Unfortunately, this IS the truth of the world; there is no god....there are no "spirits"...people don't have powers...you've been totally conned mate.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
01-06-2017, 09:30 AM
(31-05-2017 03:47 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 01:29 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  [Image: trololo.gif]
It's funny how everyone is calling me a troll and yet no one is telling me what it means. I guess free speech is not respected here.

And apparently you don't know what "free speech" is either.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
01-06-2017, 09:57 AM
(01-06-2017 09:30 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 03:47 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  It's funny how everyone is calling me a troll and yet no one is telling me what it means. I guess free speech is not respected here.

And apparently you don't know what "free speech" is either.

In a religious mindset it often seems to mean that they can make any claim they want without being challenged or contradicted

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
01-06-2017, 10:25 AM
(01-06-2017 09:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 09:30 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  And apparently you don't know what "free speech" is either.

In a religious mindset it often seems to mean that they can make any claim they want without being challenged or contradicted

Yes, I mean how fucking dare we Angry all opinions must be respected as equal we should probably kill ourselves dude, we're bad people Laugh out load I mean seriously how fucking dare we. I'm off to set myself on fire its the only appropriate punishment for my sin, after all how bloody dare I criticise someone who claims to talk to the dead for money. Tongue