I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 05:17 AM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(02-06-2017 05:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 02:58 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok I think SYZ may have put me on ignore could someone be kind enough to pass the message that I looked into this and it seems I was wrong after all and that I'm sorry thanks.

It's not wrong. Not all coins are imbalanced, and the imbalance is so minor as to have a totally negligible impact on the outcome unless you're rolling thousands of times in a row.. and it depends on how the "toss" is done (spinning versus flipping, etc.).

That's why I compared it to the matter/antimatter balance. 99.9999999999999999...% of the time, they annihilate one another, but that tiniest of imbalances appears to have been enough to make us have a universe scattered throughout with matter.

Which is what he alluded to so I was wrong just not about the fact they are imbalanced. Then I was petulant and ungracious so quite understandably I'm now on ignore, I don't blame him but it does mean I can't apologise unfortunately.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
02-06-2017, 05:19 AM
I admire someone who can admit they are wrong, and who owns and apologizes for behavior Smile

I'll pass on your message to him.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2017, 05:22 AM
On a more serious note, if you do decide to move away from religion, you should know that there are sources of help for you that will not try to push "woo-woo" mysticism or religion as a means of solving your psychological troubles or worries.

https://www.recoveringfromreligion.org/

https://www.seculartherapy.org/

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
02-06-2017, 05:22 AM
Oh, I cannot PM him. So either he has them turned off, or I'm on ignore too.

Maybe someone else could try?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2017, 05:31 AM
(02-06-2017 05:19 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I admire someone who can admit they are wrong, and who owns and apologizes for behavior Smile

That's kind of you to say so, unfortunately one of my biggest personal faults is a hair-trigger temper it never lasts long but it does mean I frequently say shit without thinking which is frequently unreasonable. I'm a lot better than when I was younger but it still slips out at times. Owning my mistakes and rudeness and apologising is the next best thing todo for a behaviour I cannot seem to fully control. Its a pity because I'm generally quite a gentle person otherwise.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
02-06-2017, 06:00 AM
(02-06-2017 05:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 05:19 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I admire someone who can admit they are wrong, and who owns and apologizes for behavior Smile

That's kind of you to say so, unfortunately one of my biggest personal faults is a hair-trigger temper it never lasts long but it does mean I frequently say shit without thinking which is frequently unreasonable. I'm a lot better than when I was younger but it still slips out at times. Owning my mistakes and rudeness and apologising is the next best thing todo for a behaviour I cannot seem to fully control. Its a pity because I'm generally quite a gentle person otherwise.

I can't relate to this in any way.

[Image: 0H1bWbq.gif]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
02-06-2017, 06:35 AM
(01-06-2017 07:24 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 11:58 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  Why are you here?
Because I want to know why atheists are atheists and if I should be one

You're thinking about becoming an atheist? Usually becoming an atheist is the result of critical thinking. It's not like wanting to become a hipster. And you are woefully lacking in critical thinking skills.
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
02-06-2017, 06:36 AM
(01-06-2017 06:58 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 07:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  At very least the basic information help by the CC provider: Name/Address/Age and DOB/Address (Possibly the last 6 years worth of address'). which could obviously be exploited to expand on information via public records and so on.
Is it possible to know many personal things about a person through their credit card?

Almost anything can be found about you with a small amount of info.
02-06-2017, 08:12 AM
(02-06-2017 05:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  This question is still open for dog to answer:

What does it matter if there is a "God"? What practical difference does it make to anything?
Wouldn't you want to meet the one that created you? He's your Father.
02-06-2017, 08:15 AM
(02-06-2017 08:12 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 05:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  This question is still open for dog to answer:

What does it matter if there is a "God"? What practical difference does it make to anything?
Wouldn't you want to meet the one that created you? He's your Father.

> Last time I looked, it was my parents who created me. No God(s) involved. Consider
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post