I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: I'm not a Christian anymore, yet I'm not an Athiest
(02-06-2017 08:12 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 05:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  This question is still open for dog to answer:

What does it matter if there is a "God"? What practical difference does it make to anything?
Wouldn't you want to meet the one that created you? He's your Father.

I have knew him for 49 years, and unlike the one you're talking about mine used to reply when I spoke to him Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
02-06-2017, 08:17 AM
(02-06-2017 06:36 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:58 PM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Is it possible to know many personal things about a person through their credit card?

Almost anything can be found about you with a small amount of info.
I tried looking up my name online and didn't find anything that the psychic could've used. It seems they only have some general information about you
02-06-2017, 08:18 AM
(02-06-2017 05:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  This question is still open for dog to answer:

What does it matter if there is a "God"? What practical difference does it make to anything?

Nope, my actual Father is my father. There is no creator.

I'll share a secret with you. I would really like there to be a god, infact at times as a teen, I WANTED there to be a god, because life would be a 1000 times easier. If we knew for absolute fact that god created everything, what would be the point in test's to do with science/geography/history (if we assume all wars are gods will, for some reason).

But I can't get around the inescapable truth, that the evidence is over whelming that there ISN'T a god(s). The fact there are other religions, is another knock in the chain really. Because how do you know your god is THE god, and the other gods haven't all kicked the shit out of him?

Seriously though, there is no and never has been evidence for a god. There is evidence however for everything occurring naturally. And don't say "...but what came before....", because we don't know. And not know doesn't mean GOD or Gods or whatever.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
02-06-2017, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 08:23 AM by DogLover12347.)
How do you post YouTube videos?
02-06-2017, 08:20 AM
(02-06-2017 08:12 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Wouldn't you want to meet the one that created you? He's your Father.

That's one of many versions of God concept.I am curious why you believe in this particular version.Why not other?
[+] 3 users Like sea_tiger's post
02-06-2017, 08:45 AM
(02-06-2017 08:20 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  How do you post YouTube videos?

When you reply to a thread, you'll see a little TV at the top right just above the text box. Choose your video format from the drop-down menu (the choices are Daily Motion, MetaCafe, Myspace TV, Vimeo, Yahoo Video and Youtube) and enter the link in the dialog box.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
02-06-2017, 08:53 AM

He neither created me, nor is my father. You're using equivocations. He may have created the parts which would eventually become me, over the course of billions of years.

Sure, I'd be happy to meet such a creator. If it decides to come interact with us, then I'll be ready.

But since that opportunity is not available, to me or to you, what other difference does it make?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
02-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Doglover, your comments about how could they have known remind me of an old expression:

"If you're playing poker and you don't know who at the gambling table is The Mark, it's you."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-06-2017, 09:13 AM
It's also the classic argument from incredulity. I can't imagine any other way they could have got this information except for speaking to the deceased person, therefor that's how they got it. And no doubt that was already the belief being held going into the phone call, to be prepared to pay all of that money.

The critical thinker starts from the ground up, with as few preconceptions as possible. Starting with a magical explanation and expecting other people to disprove it is not critical thinking, it's becoming entrenched in an unfalsifiable idea that you like. It also blinds you from the proper evaluation of much more likely explanations, because you don't want any of those to be true.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
02-06-2017, 09:15 AM
(02-06-2017 08:12 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  Wouldn't you want to meet the one that created you? He's your Father.
Have you seen Prometheus? What if they/him/her/it isn't happy to see us? lol

(02-06-2017 08:17 AM)DogLover12347 Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 06:36 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  Almost anything can be found about you with a small amount of info.
I tried looking up my name online and didn't find anything that the psychic could've used. It seems they only have some general information about you
There is a difference between google and access to databases full of your information. It's similar to how you get junk mail in the post, they know your name/address and rough likes/dislikes based on things you've purchased from a store, via credit card no less, and the banks sell them this information. Anybody can sign up to purchase it, but it's costly.

Everything else, such as public records of personal/housing have to be obtained manually from the state/area, but it can be done very easily.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post