I'm not an atheist, but am fed up with the BS from organized religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm not an atheist, but am fed up with the BS from organized religion...
Yo, atheists... I find your arguments intriguing but am not ready to accept them just yet. However, I would like to receive ideas and suggestions about how to debunk/unmask the manipulation many of our "religious leaders" bring upon the feeble minds in my little corner of the world. I'm so sad so many have fallen for the BS...

José
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: I'm not an atheist, but am fed up with the BS from organized religion...
All you have to do is look at the profits gained from the mega church.

Also Hello.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
15-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Welcome!

Lucradis is right, just follow the money.

You need to tell us more about exactly what irritates you if you want us to debunk it.

I tend to find the whole thing irritating, and you don't want god debunked, just organized religion, right?

So give us something to sink our teeth into and you'll get the most out of this.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-03-2012, 07:56 PM
My argument is not "lack of belief in god" but rather "I don't believe in your god" - making us all atheists. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Have you prayed about it? Big Grin

Welcome to Bedlam.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-03-2012, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 10:06 PM by Thomas.)
Do you mean that you are a believer and the latest wave of "feel good mega church Jesus loves all of you now give us 10% of your income" is irritating you?

-or-

Are you waking up to the fact that the faily tales that you were told as a child just don't seem true any more?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
15-03-2012, 08:45 PM
(15-03-2012 06:50 PM)JFReyes Wrote:  Yo, atheists... I find your arguments intriguing but am not ready to accept them just yet. However, I would like to receive ideas and suggestions about how to debunk/unmask the manipulation many of our "religious leaders" bring upon the feeble minds in my little corner of the world. I'm so sad so many have fallen for the BS...

Yo, JFReyes. First off hello.

Which arguments specifically do you find intriguing and why?

Specifically, what sorts of manipulation are you also talking about in regards to debunking? Help us help you.

I am not sure which religious faith you are of. When you state your small corner of the world it makes it difficult to assume or come to a conclusion without knowing since technically speaking the majority of a religion seems to depend greatly on which part of the world you were born in.
15-03-2012, 09:22 PM
(15-03-2012 06:50 PM)JFReyes Wrote:  Yo, atheists... I find your arguments intriguing but am not ready to accept them just yet. However, I would like to receive ideas and suggestions about how to debunk/unmask the manipulation many of our "religious leaders" bring upon the feeble minds in my little corner of the world. I'm so sad so many have fallen for the BS...

You may want to look up Humanism it provides many answers to the faith and purpose of life question without actually going down the religious path. It's the humanistic approach that so many churches totally ignore.
[+] 2 users Like Godless's post
16-03-2012, 01:11 AM
As others have stated... give us more specifics and we would be happy to help.

Please start with.....

Which god or gods are you referring to? Ganesh? Allah? Zeus?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-03-2012, 01:34 AM

Jesus said, “And so I tell you, whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whosoever discovers that carcass, of that person the world is not worthy." (Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ 9:16)

Be careful you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Nothing stops you from picking up the Gospel yourself and writing down what you believe and making that your own religion. God is probably calling you to do just that. You don't have to be an atheist to be free from the Church. Keep in mind, Jesus would have nothing to do with Christianity if he were walking the earth today.

What do you find to be the biggest BS in the Churuch? What is the straw that breaks the camel's back for you?
Quote this message in a reply