I'm not an atheist, but am fed up with the BS from organized religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2012, 01:33 PM
RE: I'm not an atheist, but am fed up with the BS from organized religion...
(16-03-2012 01:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  There are no problems with Jesus Christ. We must all strive to follow Jesus Christ.

In the sense that he's dead, I will follow him regardless of my personal feelings Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
16-03-2012, 02:07 PM
(16-03-2012 01:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  There are no problems with Jesus Christ. We must all strive to follow Jesus Christ.

Really?

So why do children still die because of this?:
"Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him." (James 5:14-15 ASV)

And lucky for some children that secular society has enforced child support laws against the immoral teachings of JC:
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Mark 6:34 KJV)

And here is gentle Jesus at his meekest and mildest:
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)
No, no! Not with death! Don't kill them with death!

Not to mention losing it with a fig tree!

The most moral thing he ever "said" he did not actually say... He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Keep your Jesus, dude!

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-03-2012, 04:18 PM

(16-03-2012 02:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Really?

So why do children still die because of this?:
"Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him." (James 5:14-15 ASV)

Because they are following Jame's opinion. And I'm not here to defend Christianity or defend the Holy Bible. I read the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I follow Jesus Christ.

And if you have to pull out extremely rare instances of hyper-religious parents allowing their child to die, discounting the fact that they were probably mentally ill. Then I think you have a specious argument at best.

Quote:And lucky for some children that secular society has enforced child support laws against the immoral teachings of JC:
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Mark 6:34 KJV)

That borders on being a non sequitur. Again, if you have to be ridiculous to prove your point, it's a pretty sad point to begin with.

Quote:And here is gentle Jesus at his meekest and mildest:
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

No, no! Not with death! Don't kill them with death!

Those words aren't in the Gospel. Again, you have no ground.

Quote:Not to mention losing it with a fig tree!

Out of context. Again, a losers argument.

Quote:The most moral thing he ever "said" he did not actually say... He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Keep your Jesus, dude!

In other words, no one is justified in casting the stone. You do realize that's what's meant, right? Or maybe you believe people are without sin. Is that what you believe?
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Please forgive me, sir, I had forgotten that you had created your own version of JC.

I cannot comment further as I have not read your re-write.

I wish not for a conversation in an Acrid Vein (anag)

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-03-2012, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2012 09:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-03-2012 07:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Please forgive me, sir, I had forgotten that you had created your own version of JC.

I got my own personal Jesus too, DLJ. But he ain't worthy of a new religion. Hell, he ain't worthy of any religion, he's a nihilistic atheist. ... or maybe an atheistic nihilist ... or whatever.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-03-2012, 09:16 PM
(16-03-2012 04:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  Or maybe you believe people are without sin. Is that what you believe?

Quote:Sin - transgression of divine law
Quote:Sin - any act regarded as such a transgression, especially a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.

As an amoral atheist, I have no belief in the divine, no belief in morality.
It is impossible for me to transgress against divine law as there is no divine law.
It is impossible for me to transgress against a moral principle as there is no morality.
I am therefore incapable of sin and hence I am without sin.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
16-03-2012, 10:00 PM
(16-03-2012 09:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I am without sin.

You and me both. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
17-03-2012, 01:07 AM

(16-03-2012 09:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  As an amoral atheist, I have no belief in the divine, no belief in morality.
It is impossible for me to transgress against divine law as there is no divine law.
It is impossible for me to transgress against a moral principle as there is no morality.
I am therefore incapable of sin and hence I am without sin.

I think what you have said is simply insane from human perspective. It is true of animals; it is exactly true of animals, and we hold them to be innocent for that very reason. But that's not the case with humanity. It is, quite literally an insane position.

I think this would make a good feature for The Veridican, so I appreciate you bringing it up.

Because, for as insane as it is, it is the true atheist position. It is the inevitable atheist position. Nevertheless, what you are saying, in my opinion, is at the root of a lot of mental illnesses. I'm not saying your mentally ill. I'm saying the belief you describe, in my opinion is at the root of insanity. It quite simply represents a complete lack of insight.
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2012, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 03:07 AM by Stevil.)
(17-03-2012 01:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  I think what you have said is simply insane from human perspective. It is true of animals; it is exactly true of animals, and we hold them to be innocent for that very reason. But that's not the case with humanity. It is, quite literally an insane position.

I think this would make a good feature for The Veridican, so I appreciate you bringing it up.

Because, for as insane as it is, it is the true atheist position. It is the inevitable atheist position. Nevertheless, what you are saying, in my opinion, is at the root of a lot of mental illnesses. I'm not saying your mentally ill. I'm saying the belief you describe, in my opinion is at the root of insanity. It quite simply represents a complete lack of insight.
I can see how you might think that, from your position.
I know that you don't understand what amorality is and how a human can be amoral.
Actually, in my experience even most atheists don't subscribe to amorality. By my way of thinking atheism is inconsistent with morality, I know you would agree with this, since you would conclude that morality does exist therefore god does exit.
However I also think theism is inconsistent with morality, and I know you wouldn't agree with this.

I would be more than happy to talk you through this. You would benefit from hearing my side of the story before you conclude that this thinking is insane, before you post a strawman soliloquy on your site. An informed article would be better than one based on false preconceptions.
17-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Religion is all about control, the catholic church is as guilty as the rest.
The bible has been rewritten, mistranslated and misinterpreted by every nut job that has an ego and a pen, and to show just how numerous they are we have one lurking here.
Your church doesn’t care about you, your wallet they will save but you can go rot.

On the upside, the pope now has his own perfume so you too can smell like an 84 year old paedophile protecting Nazi.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche