I'm not religious but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: I'm not religious but...
Relationship:
1 : the state of being related or interrelated <studied the relationship between the variables>
: the relation connecting or binding participants in a relationship: as
a : kinship
b : a specific instance or type of kinship
a : a state of affairs existing between those having relations or dealings <had a good relationship with his family>
b : a romantic or passionate attachment

Religion:
1a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion>
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 03:32 PM by fstratzero.)
(18-05-2013 03:27 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Relationship:
1 : the state of being related or interrelated <studied the relationship between the variables>
a : a state of affairs existing between those having relations or dealings <had a good relationship with his family>

Religion:
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

The problem is once you have this relationship, is that it allows you to worship god. Which means by definition, you have a religion.

The only way to separate the two is to leave out the worship.

After all in a real relationship you don't worship your family members, friends, or significant others. You treat them as equals.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
18-05-2013, 09:26 PM
(18-05-2013 03:29 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 03:27 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Relationship:

Religion:

The problem is once you have this relationship, is that it allows you to worship god. Which means by definition, you have a religion.

The only way to separate the two is to leave out the worship.

After all in a real relationship you don't worship your family members, friends, or significant others. You treat them as equals.

I completely agree. They believe that sprinkling "gold dust" on ones crotch will heal them of infertility, and they are the ones that believe that when a birds feather falls from the ceiling that it is really an angels feather. If that is not religion then I do not know what is.

Nobody really knows where all this shit came from. But I think I'd rather trust the dudes in lab coats who aren't demanding I get up early every Sunday to overdress and apologize for being human.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user