I'm not sure its its worth continuing debating.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure its its worth continuing debating.
I'm not sure its worth continuing debating with my Theist mate, tell me if you find this scenario familiar.

Bible condones Murder, Rape and slavery

No it doesn’t, where does it say that?

Here, here and here

Ah Rape and slavery = marriage and house maids, it was a different time.

Nope look at the specifics, its Rape (forced marriage) and slavery, proper slavery

Well the Bile shows bad things happening as an example, it’s not Gods will.

God specifically sanctions, decrees it, or "comes upon them", examples here......

Well that just shows how fallible man is to misinterpret Gods will, we are sinners after all

So you still insist the Bible is 100% factual, even though there are so many contradictions.

There are no contradictions, it’s just man interpreting it incorrectly.

just when I think I have gotten him to concede to an augment, it always ends with the Bible is the word of God, therefore it is true, You are just too pridefull to acknowledge it. . " Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king."

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
10-11-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: I'm not sure its its worth continuing debating.
You can't argue with a fucking idiot and expect to get intelligent replies.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
10-11-2013, 08:28 PM
(10-11-2013 08:26 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I'm not sure its worth continuing debating with my Theist mate, tell me if you find this scenario familiar.

Bible condones Murder, Rape and slavery

No it doesn’t, where does it say that?

Here, here and here

Ah Rape and slavery = marriage and house maids, it was a different time.

Nope look at the specifics, its Rape (forced marriage) and slavery, proper slavery

Well the Bile shows bad things happening as an example, it’s not Gods will.

God specifically sanctions, decrees it, or "comes upon them", examples here......

Well that just shows how fallible man is to misinterpret Gods will, we are sinners after all

So you still insist the Bible is 100% factual, even though there are so many contradictions.

There are no contradictions, it’s just man interpreting it incorrectly.

just when I think I have gotten him to concede to an augment, it always ends with the Bible is the word of God, therefore it is true, You are just too pridefull to acknowledge it. . " Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king."

Fair 'nuff.

I say you win as well.
10-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Yup, I say you should forget about trying to cleanse the meme pool and do something about tidying up the gene pool instead.

It would be god's way.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-11-2013, 08:36 PM
I don't think he is an idiot, but it's true there is no use in arguing with someone who is completely blinded by "faith".

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
10-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I don't get this at all. If he's your friend, you must have something in common.
If you respect each other, and want to continue to be friends, then talk about your common interests, and ignore the rest. You're never going to be 100 % compatible with anyone. That would be YOU. How boring would that be ? Friends with yourself. If you don't respect him, don't bother at all. I just don't get this "argument" stuff among friends. If he asks you about why you think the way you do, give him books to read, and then tell him AFTER he's done his homework, you'll discuss things. Or is it about who gets to be on top ? Tongue Go work on a habitat house together. Friends are people with common goals. Not people staring at each other.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-11-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm not saying discontinuing talking and friendship, just religo debates, we laugh it off and see a movie or go wingmaning at pubs after heated jebus debates like they never happened.

10-11-2013, 10:02 PM
It's never a good idea to debate with someone who doesn't want to learn. If he has to jump through circles and hoops then he's not interested in changing his opinion.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
10-11-2013, 10:10 PM
I just listened to the recent TTA podcast: a manual for creating atheists. I wonder if the questions and approaches that Boghossian talks about would useful in these debates with your friend.
Give it a listen and see, I thought it was really interesting.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
10-11-2013, 10:18 PM
(10-11-2013 10:10 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I just listened to the recent TTA podcast: a manual for creating atheists. I wonder if the questions and approaches that Boghossian talks about would useful in these debates with your friend.
Give it a listen and see, I thought it was really interesting.

Will check it out, as my current (last 6 years) approach is an obvious failure.