I'm of the devil because I wear a sleeveless top

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2013, 05:54 AM
I'm of the devil because I wear a sleeveless top
Luke 17:1-2
One day Jesus said to his disciples, “There will always be temptations to sin, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting! 2 It would be better to be thrown into the sea with a millstone hung around your neck than to cause one of these little ones to fall into sin."

This is only one of the verses religious groups hold on to when asked about why they are so conservative especially to women.

The church group our family belongs to is one of those conservative churches in which women are not allowed to wear shorts or skirts that are above the knee like mini skirts. Women are also not allowed to wear tank tops, any type of sleeveless shirts (this goes for the males too), tube or tube dress, backless tops. Women are also not allowed to wear bathing suits or bikinis. Any clothing that's too showy of body parts are not allowed.

Ridiculous? I think so too. I feel ridiculous wearing a T-shirt and shorts down to the knees when I'm in the beach or at a pool party. I feel irritated when I wear a sleeved shirt and pants during a really really hot day.

One time our house helper(we're not rich, in our country it's very cheap to get a stay-in house helper. It's just about $50/month) wore a sleeveless top and my mother(a pastor) then said, "You're from the devil. When I look at you, you look just like him. You even have horns on your head already." Silly right?

A lot of religious people's freedom becomes lessen because of beliefs and might I tell you it gets worse. I know of a church group in our country in which their members are not allowed to watch the television or listen to radio because they will have "worldly influence."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2013, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2013 06:47 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: I'm of the devil because I wear a sleeveless top
Crazy is as it does, and thus bounds along on its merry way.
Interrupt it if you dare, watch it go mad over here and over there,
See it, mad over even a split-hair,

Oh you silly piece of insanity, demanding all things goes as you please,
Shear arrogance is your basis, Religion is your name.

Why did I write that? No particular reason, but, for the time being I think you should just grin and bear my nonsense, just as for the time being, I think you should grin and bear theirs.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
27-04-2013, 07:26 AM
(27-04-2013 06:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Crazy is as it does, and thus bounds along on its merry way.
Interrupt it if you dare, watch it go mad over here and over there,
See it, mad over even a split-hair,

Oh you silly piece of insanity, demanding all things goes as you please,
Shear arrogance is your basis, Religion is your name.

Why did I write that? No particular reason, but, for the time being I think you should just grin and bear my nonsense, just as for the time being, I think you should grin and bear theirs.

Yes but your nonsense makes more sense then theirs. Drinking Beverage

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 2 users Like Foxcanine1's post
27-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Wouldn't it be simpler to make the women wear burkas?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-04-2013, 11:42 AM
(27-04-2013 10:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wouldn't it be simpler to make the women wear burkas?

No I have a far better method. We don't need women for anything other than their uterus, they are lesser beings that only cause sin by their very existence so why don't we just keep them in chemically induced comas and use IVF for reproduction. The great Prophet Herbert laid all this out to us in his allegorical series Dune. [/sarcasm]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-04-2013, 02:01 PM
(27-04-2013 10:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wouldn't it be simpler to make the women wear burkas?

They already do; in the western world they call it a bra. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
27-04-2013, 02:07 PM
(27-04-2013 02:01 PM)kim Wrote:  

They already do; in the western world they call it a bra.

Kimmie, I really don't think you're wearing it quite right Blink

[Image: mdf60491_2_16a54ac-16a54ae.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
27-04-2013, 02:35 PM
(27-04-2013 02:01 PM)kim Wrote:  

They already do; in the western world they call it a bra. Shy

Bras are sexy, mostly in the removal thereof. Burkhas... just don't do it for me. I'm weird like that.
27-04-2013, 02:38 PM
(27-04-2013 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bras are sexy, mostly in the removal thereof. Burkhas... just don't do it for me. I'm weird like that.
Yeah, but there's much more to remove with a burkha... and the surprise factor is much higher...

Really, do I have to teach you everything No

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
27-04-2013, 02:40 PM
(27-04-2013 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-04-2013 02:01 PM)kim Wrote:  They already do; in the western world they call it a bra. Shy

Bras are sexy, mostly in the removal thereof. Burkhas... just don't do it for me. I'm weird like that.

Don't like BURkas? Consider Damn Huh Does that mean I've got an unhealthy fetish for lady bee-keepers?

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post