I'm outta here.............

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: I'm outta here.............
Saw a yearling doe and her fawn a half hour after legal light.....

Passed.....

Didn't see anything the rest of the day....

grrrrrrr..........

And -- Gary Larson rules!!!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Good luck with your blood lust and killing spree. remember, if you see Cheney....

Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-11-2016, 06:39 AM
(15-11-2016 06:00 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Good luck with your blood lust and killing spree. remember, if you see Cheney....

Wink

Cheney doesn't actually hunt in the woods. He "hunts" in a glorified petting zoo (with a fence around it).

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-11-2016, 09:44 AM
[Img] https://www.google.com/search?q=nope+chu...sQ74_MM%3A[/img]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
21-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Season Summary.....

I've got 9 days left on late doe season -- -thus far --- I have not had a fucking thing to shoot at. I've easily put in 250 hours of hunting.

I've seen a few deer off our property -- and have had a couple of runners at 200 plus yards.....

Today - was the highlight ---- I got a text from my sister this morning -- -and she clued me in....

I went and got a roadkill.....

The gut was ruptured -- it was bleeding and stanking out both ends... Sad

I caped it, and took off the backstraps and hindquarters --- which were all bruise free..... 10 kilos or so of prime meat....

I'm going to try one of the neighbor's property.. He's in Florida all winter - and nobody's hunted his place yet... I drove by today -- lotsa tracks..He's even got a the last bit of standing corn in the area....

Time to break out the big guns... My 12 gauge rifle.... good to 250 meters or so....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-12-2016, 02:48 PM
(21-12-2016 02:45 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Today - was the highlight ---- I got a text from my sister this morning -- -and she clued me in....

That's interesting. How long can it lie there before it either ain't worth the trouble or deadly. This one was bleeding so it wasn't there long. And I thought a belly burst pretty much poisons the whole thing. Or not if you get to it quick?

#sigh
21-12-2016, 02:54 PM
(21-12-2016 02:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 02:45 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Today - was the highlight ---- I got a text from my sister this morning -- -and she clued me in....

That's interesting. How long can it lie there before it either ain't worth the trouble or deadly. This one was bleeding so it wasn't there long. And I thought a belly burst pretty much poisons the whole thing. Or not if you get to it quick?

It's pretty simple... Take a big blade, and stab between the front ribs.....

Stick finger inside....

If the outside temperature is near freezing (which it has been, or below for the last couple weeks) --- and the inside of the deer is still warm --- it's only been a couple of hours......

In warm weather - the bile, feces and vomit inside the critter will seep into the surrounding meat in a few hours --- quicker if the animal dies slowly..... Cold weather -- you've got much longer.....

The nose, knows........ Slice through the hide, and expose the muscle mass below -- stick your nose in...... IF it smells bad, it is.... If you start drooling - build a fire and make some dinner....

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-12-2016, 07:16 PM
44 days later.................

REVENGE IS MINE!!!!!!

I finally whacked one.... I abandoned my hunting blind -(the plowed field was too soft for the deer to cross - so no traffic) and took to sitting out in the woods.....

It started snowing hard -- so I almost didn't go.... Went to my sister's property -- and sat on the east edge about 1/2 way back on the property, due to the west wind... I was only sitting for about 15 minutes - and deer showed.....

Whacked a button buck (a male, without prominent anters... gets tagged as antlerless) - at about 80 yards. Solid double lung, grazed the heart..) Easy shot really......

So -- I've spent 250 hours hunting -- and I'll end up with maybe 50 lbs of meat.......

I've got one tag, and 3 days left.....

I'll be up at 5 am.....

Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-12-2016, 12:15 AM
(29-12-2016 07:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  44 days later.................

REVENGE IS MINE!!!!!!

I finally whacked one.... I abandoned my hunting blind -(the plowed field was too soft for the deer to cross - so no traffic) and took to sitting out in the woods.....

It started snowing hard -- so I almost didn't go.... Went to my sister's property -- and sat on the east edge about 1/2 way back on the property, due to the west wind... I was only sitting for about 15 minutes - and deer showed.....

Whacked a button buck (a male, without prominent anters... gets tagged as antlerless) - at about 80 yards. Solid double lung, grazed the heart..) Easy shot really......

So -- I've spent 250 hours hunting -- and I'll end up with maybe 50 lbs of meat.......

I'll be up at 5 am.....

Sadcryface

I didn't get a deer this year, but I got six pheasants. They're in the freezer.

And a friend gave me a three pounds of ground venison. Also in the freezer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-12-2016, 05:14 AM
(30-12-2016 12:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 07:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  44 days later.................

REVENGE IS MINE!!!!!!

I'll be up at 5 am.....

Sadcryface

I didn't get a deer this year, but I got six pheasants. They're in the freezer.

And a friend gave me a three pounds of ground venison. Also in the freezer.

When I was a kid, we used to see and hear pheasant all the time......

I even had one go through the windshield of my truck one morning.... They were everywhere. At the same time --- deer were practically non-existent in this area. They were rarely seen - even tracks were rare. I don't know anyone who shot one locally prior to the mid-1980's......

There are no pheasant in this area -- I haven't heard one in many years.

Now we have turkeys. When I was a kid - there weren't any. I never saw one till the mid 1990's.... Now they're everywhere. Rafters (posse, gang - flock) of turkeys are frequently seen around here numbering 50 or more.....