I'm pissed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm pissed.
For the better part of a decade, I've been dealing with constant, unwavering headaches.

I've have been to numerous doctors and neurologists, had sinus surgery, and have had multiple CT scans, xrays, and MRIs. I've also tried every single headache/migraine medication on the market. All have been a big, fat failure.

Awhile back, I discovered Tramadol provided the exact relief I needed for my headaches. It lasts all day and it's a nonnarcotic/noncontrolled prescription pain medication.

I started going to my family doctor whom I have known for 20+ years. We went through all the history crap... explained all of what I've been through... blah blah blah.

He's out of my network, so I have to cash-pay to see him. I've gone to him every 2 months for about 6 months now. I called yesterday to see if he could just renew my prescription without coming in to see him (to save money).

He said no. And, he said if I was interested in saving money then I should go to the free hospital and maybe they can help me.

I was so shocked at this... the amount of absolute CRAP I have to go through to get such a low level pain drug for my legitimate problem... while being treated so badly and like a low-life drug seeking addict.

It's unbelievable. I have friends who can score some of the most dangerous narcotics without even blinking, and I can't even get Tramadol for a well document problem that I've had for 10 years.

I might have to talk to some of you Canadians to buy me some Tramadol and mail it to me. Yeah, that's right. Tramadol is so uncontrolled that you can buy it over the counter in Canada and Mexico.

The US just pisses me off sometimes.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like kingschosen's post
20-06-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: I'm pissed.
(20-06-2013 01:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  For the better part of a decade, I've been dealing with constant, unwavering headaches.

I've have been to numerous doctors and neurologists, had sinus surgery, and have had multiple CT scans, xrays, and MRIs. I've also tried every single headache/migraine medication on the market. All have been a big, fat failure.

Awhile back, I discovered Tramadol provided the exact relief I needed for my headaches. It lasts all day and it's a nonnarcotic/noncontrolled prescription pain medication.

I started going to my family doctor whom I have known for 20+ years. We went through all the history crap... explained all of what I've been through... blah blah blah.

He's out of my network, so I have to cash-pay to see him. I've gone to him every 2 months for about 6 months now. I called yesterday to see if he could just renew my prescription without coming in to see him (to save money).

He said no. And, he said if I was interested in saving money then I should go to the free hospital and maybe they can help me.

I was so shocked at this... the amount of absolute CRAP I have to go through to get such a low level pain drug for my legitimate problem... while being treated so badly and like a low-life drug seeking addict.

It's unbelievable. I have friends who can score some of the most dangerous narcotics without even blinking, and I can't even get Tramadol for a well document problem that I've had for 10 years.

I might have to talk to some of you Canadians to buy me some Tramadol and mail it to me. Yeah, that's right. Tramadol is so uncontrolled that you can buy it over the counter in Canada and Mexico.

There are Mexican and Canadian pharmacies online...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-06-2013, 01:41 PM
(20-06-2013 01:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 01:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  For the better part of a decade, I've been dealing with constant, unwavering headaches.

There are Mexican and Canadian pharmacies online...

$72.50 for 60 pills. Yeah, no.

20-06-2013, 01:44 PM
I can empathize KC...three and a half years of chronic pain and six months of medication...since then, just pain and too many over the counter remedies that don't work.

The doctors are all afraid of over prescribing...so why is it that some people are able to get drugs by the fists fulls....maybe we need shadier doctors. I have more than once threatened to check out the black market.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-06-2013, 01:55 PM
I'd look for some for you. What's the shipping like, is it controlled if someone shipped it? Is that the only name of it? I can check next time I'm at the pharmacy (tomorrow AM or maybe Monday).

I have headaches time to time, I can't imagine chronic pain. Ugh!
20-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Has your dosage changed much over time? Since you have a documented history- maybe you could go to an in-network doc - have them request your records from your old doc. And just start over with someone who isn't an asshole. I would try going back to one of your previous doctors, telling them you found a fix, but you need a physician to treat you and that you are willing to change practices.

Most of the doc's I know are reasonable and should be able to figure out a junkie from a patient.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
20-06-2013, 02:21 PM
(20-06-2013 01:55 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I'd look for some for you. What's the shipping like, is it controlled if someone shipped it? Is that the only name of it? I can check next time I'm at the pharmacy (tomorrow AM or maybe Monday).

I have headaches time to time, I can't imagine chronic pain. Ugh!

lol I was actually kidding about that.

Not that I wouldn't accept it, but yeah... it was just be blowing off steam.

I'm not sure how stringent the process is for checking for Tramadol in packaging... I'm pretty sure it's nil to zero. You can get it from online pharmacies if you fill out a consultation form. They get a doctor to review it. Basically, I could get it easily if I went that route, but I'm just not willing to pay $70 for 60 pills at 35mgs when I pay $10 for 180 pills at 50mgs.

It would be more expensive for me to do the online pharmacy than to just cash-pay my doctor.

20-06-2013, 02:21 PM
(20-06-2013 01:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can empathize KC...three and a half years of chronic pain and six months of medication...since then, just pain and too many over the counter remedies that don't work.

The doctors are all afraid of over prescribing...so why is it that some people are able to get drugs by the fists fulls....maybe we need shadier doctors. I have more than once threatened to check out the black market.

Yeah, recently... I've been considering alternate means to get my medicine...

20-06-2013, 02:22 PM
(20-06-2013 02:05 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Has your dosage changed much over time? Since you have a documented history- maybe you could go to an in-network doc - have them request your records from your old doc. And just start over with someone who isn't an asshole. I would try going back to one of your previous doctors, telling them you found a fix, but you need a physician to treat you and that you are willing to change practices.

Most of the doc's I know are reasonable and should be able to figure out a junkie from a patient.

That's a good idea.
Take your records, and see an in-network doc, and explain it's the only thing that works.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
20-06-2013, 02:23 PM
(20-06-2013 02:05 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Has your dosage changed much over time? Since you have a documented history- maybe you could go to an in-network doc - have them request your records from your old doc. And just start over with someone who isn't an asshole. I would try going back to one of your previous doctors, telling them you found a fix, but you need a physician to treat you and that you are willing to change practices.

No, I've been at 300mgs a day for as long as I've been on them.

I'm going to start looking for another doctor, I guess. There is just such a Catch-22 with this... if I jump around too much, it's going to look suspicious. I can't win...