I'm pissed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2013, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2013 05:45 PM by ridethespiral.)
RE: I'm pissed.
(20-06-2013 04:46 PM)kim Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Smoke some weed.

fuck, did I just say that? Damn hippy hop music and MTV!

Muffy condoning the partaking of the illegal, demon weed? Blink

Good luck with your slide into the drug underworld. Yes, I will visit you in prison. Drinking Beverage

Speaking of the schedule 1's good ol' Lysergic acid diethylamide is supposed to cure the worst migraines for years after use. Shocking

...That is the closest to a smily with gaint dialated pupils that I could findTongue

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Oh, yeah, I can see that now...KC tripping.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-06-2013, 05:51 PM
I just wish an over the counter sleep aid as effective on me as clonazepam existed. Sominex, and Unisom are useless! 1 of those clonazepam puts me out in under half an hour!

20-06-2013, 09:55 PM
(20-06-2013 01:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  For the better part of a decade, I've been dealing with constant, unwavering headaches.

I've have been to numerous doctors and neurologists, had sinus surgery, and have had multiple CT scans, xrays, and MRIs. I've also tried every single headache/migraine medication on the market. All have been a big, fat failure.

Awhile back, I discovered Tramadol provided the exact relief I needed for my headaches. It lasts all day and it's a nonnarcotic/noncontrolled prescription pain medication.

I started going to my family doctor whom I have known for 20+ years. We went through all the history crap... explained all of what I've been through... blah blah blah.

He's out of my network, so I have to cash-pay to see him. I've gone to him every 2 months for about 6 months now. I called yesterday to see if he could just renew my prescription without coming in to see him (to save money).

He said no. And, he said if I was interested in saving money then I should go to the free hospital and maybe they can help me.

I was so shocked at this... the amount of absolute CRAP I have to go through to get such a low level pain drug for my legitimate problem... while being treated so badly and like a low-life drug seeking addict.

It's unbelievable. I have friends who can score some of the most dangerous narcotics without even blinking, and I can't even get Tramadol for a well document problem that I've had for 10 years.

I might have to talk to some of you Canadians to buy me some Tramadol and mail it to me. Yeah, that's right. Tramadol is so uncontrolled that you can buy it over the counter in Canada and Mexico.

The US just pisses me off sometimes.

That's unfortunate. It's a combination of drug laws and the litigious culture of America. I know how that goes. I'm gonna have to see my doctor next month about a prescription and they are gonna demand that I have blood tests with it. It's probably gonna cost $800 out of pocket. Yeah there are a lot of ways that the US health care system could be improved.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
20-06-2013, 10:16 PM
(20-06-2013 05:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I just wish an over the counter sleep aid as effective on me as clonazepam existed. Sominex, and Unisom are useless! 1 of those clonazepam puts me out in under half an hour!

Ain't over the counter but it ain't controlled in the US and readily available on the Interwebz is the atypical antipsychotic Seroquel typically used to treat PTSD which in low doses acts like an antihistamine that knocks the fuck outta me. I ain't opposed to high-dose melatonin either.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
20-06-2013, 10:55 PM
(20-06-2013 05:32 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Speaking of the schedule 1's good ol' Lysergic acid diethylamide is supposed to cure the worst migraines for years after use.

Mmm... it might just be certain kinds because I never had a migraine in my life until way after I dropped acid. However, I will say that the few migraines I've had are not the usual migraines - but I'm not going to suspect they are unusual because I dropped acid years prior. My migraines do not involve pain. And I don't get them anymore.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
21-06-2013, 12:01 AM
First off, welcome back my friend, ain't seen ya' on in a while. Other than this, hope all is well.

Going off topic a bit first. Not all drug seekers are low lifes. A lot of the addicts trying to score drugs from the doc are doing so to numb other kinds of pain. I can sympathize for them. In any case I am in no position to pass judgement. Though I abstain from drugs (excluding nicotine) I see no reason to pass moral judgements on those who do, but then again I'm not a Christian and have no such condemnations as a rule (that isn't meant as a jab at Christians, or you, just stating a fact.) I do agree that our government can suck though, but the same could be said of any government. (bbeljefe feel free to ramble)

Have you considered looking at the active ingredient of your successful drug and seeking a similar alternative that may be available OTC? Have you tried any alternative and/or Eastern medicines? Additionally, you may consider speaking to a neurologist again, because now you have new information. You know what treats the symptom of the problem. They may (or may not) be able to figure out the underlying problem based on your reaction to your successful treatment and have a permanent solution. Also, you may consider looking for a new physician. I don't know how it is in the private sector, but back in my military days I had no problem with just getting my doc to write a script over the phone, but you must also take into consideration that he or she wasn't getting extra money for seeing more patients. I would suggest asking questions and looking at reviews online for doctors in your area, and give them a call. You may even find one that is covered. Good luck, stay healthy. Smile

21-06-2013, 06:01 AM
(20-06-2013 09:55 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  ... Yeah there are a lot of ways that the US health care system could be improved.

That's like saying there are ways the North Korean government could be improved. Drinking Beverage

The health care system in the U.S.A. doesn't really deserve to called a system. It is a patchwork of laws and businesses that barely functions. It has the highest overhead costs of any in the civilized world. People are routinely denied treatment that would actually save money in the long run.

I could go on, but all one has to do is compare the U.S. to any other industrialized nation.

N.B. I am ignorant about health care in China, but Taiwan has arguably the best system in the world.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-06-2013, 12:24 PM
(20-06-2013 05:32 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Speaking of the schedule 1's good ol' Lysergic acid diethylamide is supposed to cure the worst migraines for years after use. Shocking

...That is the closest to a smily with gaint dialated pupils that I could findTongue

[Image: trippin_zps31c9d3f3.gif]

(20-06-2013 05:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh, yeah, I can see that now...KC tripping.

Make no mistake, KC's definitely fuckin' trippin'.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-06-2013, 02:47 PM
This is ridiculous. Tramadol is incredibly cheap and easy for me to obtain, which is great because it's the best thing I've ever taken for my pain. I'm sorry that the man is hassling you.

kingschosen Wrote:It's unbelievable. I have friends who can score some of the most dangerous narcotics without even blinking, and I can't even get Tramadol for a well document problem that I've had for 10 years.

Talk to some of those friends about something a little less dangerous maybe?

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot