I'm prepared...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: I'm prepared...
(06-02-2015 09:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 09:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My preference is AR-15, 12 ga, .357 mag, run like hell......

That hand to hand stuff can get the other guy's bodily fluids on your nice clean shoes.....

That's why they invented guns. To keep your shoes clean.

I actually don't have any handguns or shotguns. Aside from the above mentioned I've also got an AK but, despite its rotation, I prefer my M4.

Hmmm, for SHTF times, I think my AR-15 and Beretta 92 would be my portable kit.

However, a pump action shotgun is probably a better all-around survival tool.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2015, 10:49 AM
My favorite SHTF gun is whatever's handy....

I've got a Savage 30-30 over 20ga double that'd be pretty good for survival. Not a LOT of firepower - but versatile.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
06-02-2015, 10:54 AM
If outside the house hand granades are best, inside not so much. Cool

I have but one handgun, not good against mass zombie attack but a hell of a wake up call for an intruder.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-02-2015, 10:56 AM
(06-02-2015 10:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  If outside the house hand granades are best, inside not so much. Cool

I have but one handgun, not good against mass zombie attack but a hell of a wake up call for an intruder.

Col Cooper said -- "Beware the man who owns but one gun - and knows well, how to use it".

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-02-2015, 11:03 AM
(06-02-2015 10:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 10:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  If outside the house hand granades are best, inside not so much. Cool

Col Cooper said -- "Beware the man who owns but one gun - and knows well, how to use it".

I was a pitcher in HS, I can throw that sucker with deadly accuracy!

(S&W .357 Magnum, Pachmyr grip, alternate hollow points and regular rounds)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-02-2015, 11:04 AM
If it's zombies, I'll definitely be breaking out the hawk. Not so much out of preference, but because I'll need to conserve ammo for the living people.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-02-2015, 11:08 AM
(06-02-2015 10:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

As much as I love my Vector, my M4 is a part of me Tongue

Grenades are definitely handy, but even a short time post shtf they're gonna get real hard to come by.

'Murican Canadian
06-02-2015, 11:13 AM
(06-02-2015 11:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If it's zombies, I'll definitely be breaking out the hawk. Not so much out of preference, but because I'll need to conserve ammo for the living people.

I know we all kid about this, but zombies are real. They come in the form of opportunistic assholes wanting to take your stuff or worse.

Anyway, I've never been faced with that situation (family members have), an intruder in the home. I've often thought about it and in my mind the decision to fire has already been made. I figure once inside their intentions aren't altruistic.

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-02-2015, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 11:32 AM by yakherder.)
(06-02-2015 11:13 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 11:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If it's zombies, I'll definitely be breaking out the hawk. Not so much out of preference, but because I'll need to conserve ammo for the living people.

I know we all kid about this, but zombies are real. They come in the form of opportunistic assholes wanting to take your stuff or worse.

Anyway, I've never been faced with that situation (family members have), an intruder in the home. I've often thought about it and in my mind the decision to fire has already been made. I figure once inside their intentions aren't altruistic.

I'm downright predatory. A bump in the night and I'm halfway down the hallway ready to intercept them as they breach the door before my girlfriend registers the noise, meanwhile she is yelling "Come back to bed, it was just the cat!"

Never had to deal with it for real off duty, but one day, dammit... I don't think my house looks theft worthy from the outside, especially if they pass my car and see my collection of crazy gun nut and military bumper stickers. If I were a thief looking for maximum payoff with minimum risk, I'd pass up the disgruntled psychopath house for the soccer mom house across the street.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-02-2015, 11:31 AM
I assume the very worst.
I do have dogs and they are tripwires. I don't expect either to defend but they do deter, especially with all the "Beware of dogs" signs.

One day you're going take out the cat then you'll be in deep doo doo.