I'm really piss off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: I'm really piss off
Well, it just so happens I got this other thread going about odd machines. The Hammel VB 9500DK Car Shredder was one of the machines I posted. I think your car has a date with destiny in the Hammel VB's digestion system.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Roll down the window...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-04-2016, 11:18 PM
You can save some dinero by looking for a used compressor from a salvage yard, but typically the money spent for that kind of repair is in labor.

You gotta weigh your options, if the car is in good shape besides (and not terribly high mileage) then it's worth it to sink a grand for the AC. If it has other problems then look to trade.

If neither option is affordable then I really don't have any good advice for you.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
13-04-2016, 11:27 PM
(13-04-2016 01:38 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Even the AC in my '01 Prelude works fine. The trick is to not use it... Just roll the windows down. I don't know where you live, but unless it's over 38(100) degrees, AC just feels like the cold embrace of death.

My dad used to have a 01' Prelude, and I miss that car so much. Such an awesome little coupe. Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-04-2016, 12:36 AM
(13-04-2016 11:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Such an awesome little coupe. Weeping

Not to be confused with the awesome little installment of a military junta in a banana republic.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
14-04-2016, 12:58 AM
(14-04-2016 12:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 11:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Such an awesome little coupe. Weeping

Not to be confused with the awesome little installment of a military junta in a banana republic.

Hence the 'e' and the end of 'coupe' to differentiate it from 'coup'. Grammar matters. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-04-2016, 06:00 AM
(13-04-2016 11:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 01:38 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Even the AC in my '01 Prelude works fine. The trick is to not use it... Just roll the windows down. I don't know where you live, but unless it's over 38(100) degrees, AC just feels like the cold embrace of death.

My dad used to have a 01' Prelude, and I miss that car so much. Such an awesome little coupe. Weeping

Don't remind me... My girlfriend wants me to keep it. And so far, everything else that I've driven in my budget range feels like it's made of plastic and cardboard. I love the way the Focus ST drives, it's and exhilarating squirrelly go-kart like experience due to the 250hp, and the 1.8 turn lock to lock wheel... and it's four doors, so it will work well as a family car, but even the leather feels hard as a rock, and there aren't any soft touch panels anywhere. The dash is littered with buttons and knobs, and there's unnecessary modules for everything. Why do I need three different volume controls? Why do the lights need to fade on/off? So I can pay more to have these things fixed when they eventually die? I'll probably sell the ST before the Prelude

Anyway, I drive the prelude daily because I love the way it feels to just sit in there... Even the stock speakers are the best. It was my first car, and we've driven across Canada and the US, coast to coast 3 times. Just giv'er oil and gas and she keeps going.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
14-04-2016, 06:32 AM
(13-04-2016 11:48 AM)Leo Wrote:  Most estimates of changing the compressor with the labor are between 800-1000 dollars according to internet sites.

This is pretty much the exact thing that happened to my wife's car a couple years ago. The compressor went and she was told it'd be about $900.

(13-04-2016 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Chuck Norris could fix it for one dolla.

Don't tell him you're an atheist, or he'll tattoo your forehead.
14-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Please ignore. Rob cannot tell the difference between the edit and quote buttons.
14-04-2016, 01:16 PM
(13-04-2016 11:48 AM)Leo Wrote:  My Toyota 2008 Yaris air conditioner compressor is in his last legs. It's making a very loud noise when is on. The car motor sounds fine , the noise can only being heard when the compressor is turn on. Most estimates of changing the compressor with the labor are between 800-1000 dollars according to internet sites. Ridiculous expensive. Any tips to expending less money changing the compressor ? Or I'm screwed ?Angry please help me !WeepingWeepingWeepingWeepingWeeping

$800? Is that US dollars?

The parts over here are going for about 2-300 pounds new. I'd have a look on ebay first, a second hand, or reconditioned unit might be a lot cheaper.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user