I'm really piss off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: I'm really piss off
The $800 is for retail parts and labor. If you can change the compressor yourself, that will save a pile of money. Know, however, that the system has to be flushed to remove any debris that may be circulating in the system. Also, in the US, repair shops are required to recover the refrigerant, since it is a greenhouse gas. There are stiff penalties for non-compliance, like fines and jail time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2016, 05:13 PM
(14-04-2016 02:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The $800 is for retail parts and labor. If you can change the compressor yourself, that will save a pile of money. Know, however, that the system has to be flushed to remove any debris that may be circulating in the system. Also, in the US, repair shops are required to recover the refrigerant, since it is a greenhouse gas. There are stiff penalties for non-compliance, like fines and jail time.

Can you get Haynes manuals in the US? Very handy for DIY mechanics.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2016, 05:47 PM
(14-04-2016 05:13 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 02:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The $800 is for retail parts and labor. If you can change the compressor yourself, that will save a pile of money. Know, however, that the system has to be flushed to remove any debris that may be circulating in the system. Also, in the US, repair shops are required to recover the refrigerant, since it is a greenhouse gas. There are stiff penalties for non-compliance, like fines and jail time.

Can you get Haynes manuals in the US? Very handy for DIY mechanics.

Yes. You can even get the Toyota service manuals on CD. Iirc, they are about $200. Money well spent. Or, one could probably find a youtube video that shows what needs to be done for a specific repair. What did we ever do without the internet? It's a vastly different world, now.
14-04-2016, 06:25 PM
If the compressor is trashed it has probably contaminated the system with metal debris. If it isn't properly flushed before a new one is installed the debris could (and most likely will) trash the new compressor.
16-04-2016, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2016 01:41 PM by Leo.)
I'm happy ! Extremely happy ! I checked the car compressor with the mechanic and it is fine. The only part damaged was the heat blower fan. They charged me 164 dollars to change the blower fan. Now the car air conditioner works as new. ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 164 vs 800-1000 ! Yes !!! I'm a lucky motherfucker !

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 5 users Like Leo's post
16-04-2016, 01:39 PM
(16-04-2016 01:33 PM)Leo Wrote:  I'm happy ! Extremely happy ! I checked the car compressor with the mechanic and it is fine. The only part damaged was the heat blower fan. The charged me 164 dollars to change the blower fan. Now the car air conditioner works as new. ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 164 vs 800-1000 ! Yes !!! I'm a lucky motherfucker !

You sure are. Thumbsup

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
16-04-2016, 01:45 PM
(16-04-2016 01:33 PM)Leo Wrote:  I'm happy ! Extremely happy ! I checked the car compressor with the mechanic and it is fine. The only part damaged was the heat blower fan. They charged me 164 dollars to change the blower fan. Now the car air conditioner works as new. ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 164 vs 800-1000 ! Yes !!! I'm a lucky motherfucker !

Awesome.
I was totally going to joke around and say "Maybe we should pray." It looks like I won't need to do that though.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post