I'm scared :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: I'm scared :)
(01-05-2017 01:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I have no idea what to tell you. What a horrible situation.

Some people have it worse than you or I do KUSA. When the billionaires or our religious right bitch about how persecuted they have it, remember this thread.

I have been on multiple websites over the past 16 years. Liberal Muslims and former atheists from the Arab world, along with Kurdish Christians and gays and atheists live in fear every day. Sunnis and Shiites murder each other more than anyone else unfortunately for them.

I know we have had our differences, but the worst we have done to each other is cuss each other out. People like this can die by issue of state or mere mob rule upon discovery, a lot like it was for blacks in America for a long time.

I feel lucky where I don't have to live in fear.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
01-05-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm scared
(01-05-2017 02:08 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Some people have it worse than you or I do KUSA.

I realize that. I actually have it good. I wish everyone had it good. I literally don't know what to tell this person to make anything better.

I suppose if I were in that situation I would try to blend in as much as possible.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
01-05-2017, 05:15 PM
I am so sorry that you have to be in this situation. I think I would run for dear life, unfinished business or not.
If you have the money to book a flight, I would like to warmly recommend you do that. If you do not have that money right now, get to the next embassy for a "western" country that you can find and seek asylum, see if they can get you out of there.

(01-05-2017 07:54 AM)TheUnholy Wrote:  I'm sorry for the bad english since it is not my first language.
Bad English? I know native speakers who speak English worse than you do.

Quote: I just wanted to say these things because if I die, people should know why I died Smile
But let's try to keep you alive though? Please?

Reminds me a little bit of a friend I had a while back. He was a gay atheist (ex Muslim) in Malaysia. He was so scared for his life that he tried suicide, survived his suicide, and then went to the UK for asylum. Last I heard of him was that his asylum was granted. I am sure you would get asylum granted too.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
01-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Gasp

Wow. Just wow. I dont even know what to say except good luck.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
02-05-2017, 11:17 AM
(01-05-2017 05:15 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I am so sorry that you have to be in this situation. I think I would run for dear life, unfinished business or not.
If you have the money to book a flight, I would like to warmly recommend you do that. If you do not have that money right now, get to the next embassy for a "western" country that you can find and seek asylum, see if they can get you out of there.

Thank you once again for all the nice words and advice. I have already started the procedure but it is gonna take some time. and till then, I am stuck here and have to keep my heads low. and thanks again, for all the supportive words. Trust me, it is very much comforting to know that you're not alone Smile
02-05-2017, 11:18 AM
(01-05-2017 05:21 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Gasp

Wow. Just wow. I dont even know what to say except good luck.

Thank you. and that's enough. At least you are listening Smile
02-05-2017, 12:13 PM
(01-05-2017 02:30 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 02:08 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Some people have it worse than you or I do KUSA.

I realize that. I actually have it good. I wish everyone had it good. I literally don't know what to tell this person to make anything better.

I suppose if I were in that situation I would try to blend in as much as possible.

Thank you for that response and I agree. You would most likely have to blend in or risk injury or death.

Which is why I find here in the states, our economic right and religious right a bunch of crybabies. I also know I have it good which is why it frustrates me that far too many in America freak out about people voting. There really ARE persecuted Christians and Muslims and Jews and gays and atheists, depending on geography, but you and I get to go to bed at night, and if someone were to assault you or me, or murder you or me, in the west, their reason for doing so would not matter. Anyone murdering you or I in a criminal act would get arrested.

Our economic and religious right seem to not want political/religious pluralism and reflect more that xenophobia that this OP has to live in fear of.

YES you and I do have it better. Again, keep that in mind always.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
04-05-2017, 05:41 PM
I don't really know why you would think people think you're a liar. As horrible as your story is, it sounds quite reasonable to accept.

I hope you stay safe dude. And come talk anytime. Hell if I was in a position to help I would, without hesitation. However, you're welcome to find a way here, You'd be safe from Muslims.... but then you gotta deal with Christians and the KKK, I'm not sure it would be much of an improvement. But. You are welcome to come, I don't think it's quite as bad here as there.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
04-05-2017, 05:45 PM
(02-05-2017 12:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 02:30 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I realize that. I actually have it good. I wish everyone had it good. I literally don't know what to tell this person to make anything better.

Thank you for that response and I agree. You would most likely have to blend in or risk injury or death.

Which is why I find here in the states, our economic right and religious right a bunch of crybabies. I also know I have it good which is why it frustrates me that far too many in America freak out about people voting. There really ARE persecuted Christians and Muslims and Jews and gays and atheists, depending on geography, but you and I get to go to bed at night, and if someone were to assault you or me, or murder you or me, in the west, their reason for doing so would not matter. Anyone murdering you or I in a criminal act would get arrested.

Our economic and religious right seem to not want political/religious pluralism and reflect more that xenophobia that this OP has to live in fear of.

YES you and I do have it better. Again, keep that in mind always.

You can try to blend in. In my experience it never really works. Eventually you get discovered. Granted I suck at blending in cause I refuse to go to church. But even back when I did go to church to blend in people figured out I was different, and that's all it takes.

I think he should try and run. Personally anyway. Get the fuck away from there. I doubt there's any place that's really safe (if there is I've never seen it), but there are definitely places less dangerous than out there.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
04-05-2017, 06:57 PM
I hope the OP is ok. It sounded like he was in a very bad situation. He needs to check in, if it's safe for him that is. I'm wishing him the best. Maybe if he found his way to Canada.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.