I'm scared Trump will be president

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm scared Trump will be president
I'm a little worried what will happen to America if Trump takes office. Will he be America's Hitler?

He said he is going to give Christians more power than ever, so America would most likely officially be a Christian nation even though it's unconstitutional, but he doesn't care about that. That is really scary.

I'm just a little afraid what will happen. I'd much rather have my home boy Sanders to win, but its just not going to happen. Everyone who I talk to is always talking about how Trump will "make America great again", its like they have been brainwashed.

Us atheists will probably be sent to camps and brainwashed (okay maybe a little extreme).

I am generally afraid of my future as an American and if he does take office, I will have to think hard if I want to continue to live here, I would be embarrassed to be an American.

At this rate, The United States won't even exist anymore anyways because everyone is fucking killing each other.

Ugh...still don't feel better getting this off my chest. Haha.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nerwin's post
01-03-2016, 08:00 PM
RE: I'm scared Trump will be president
Relax. Nothing significant will change regardless of who is elected except that some of the people who convinced themselves that it's the end of the world might launch themselves into space in search of intelligent life. Other than that it'll be business as usual. A bunch of groupthink dominated politicians vetoing each other while the evil corporations make all the real decisions.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
01-03-2016, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016 08:03 PM by cactus.)
Eh, I'm honestly not that worried Drinking Beverage
Just relax and watch the world burn Banana_zorro

Really, though, I shit you not, my co-workers today were discussing how Trump may literally be the antichrist. Then with completely straight faces, they went into full detail about how he was going to usher in the apocalypse.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
01-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Quote:what will happen to America

America will eventually waste away and die just like any other country that ever existed.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
01-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Nah. We'll get through it. Only four years. If nothing else maybe America will be forced to see how embarrassing we have become. Maybe trump is the key to sparking a true revolution... Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
01-03-2016, 08:04 PM
(01-03-2016 08:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Maybe trump is the key to sparking a true revolution... Consider

Now if only there we're some secular militia groups running around Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
01-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I think Trump may just end up being Americas rock bottom. At least once you've had Trump for prez the only way to go is up.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 10 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Does the president even have the power to merge church and state?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
01-03-2016, 08:19 PM
(01-03-2016 08:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Relax. Nothing significant will change regardless of who is elected except that some of the people who convinced themselves that it's the end of the world might launch themselves into space in search of intelligent life. Other than that it'll be business as usual. A bunch of groupthink dominated politicians vetoing each other while the evil corporations make all the real decisions.

This is my take as well. Trump isn't allegedly "owned" by anyone in the political system, but he's going to have to work with people (allegedly beholden to someone) whom he can't just fire on a whim. As much as I joke about it, the Pres can't punch the nuclear button all by himself. Remember that Bill Clinton didn't even know about Area 51 until an F117A (and he wasn't briefed for THAT, either) got shot down- "Need To Know" in full force. The system in place is going to tell Trump exactly as much as he needs to get the job done, no more. This actually rather amuses me.

It is still going to be pretty disgusting to have such an ass as the President.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-03-2016, 08:19 PM
(01-03-2016 08:10 PM)nerwin Wrote:  Does the president even have the power to merge church and state?
Not without the Supreme Court turning fascist enough to amend the 1st amendment, but that would be crazy talk, like seriously Cuckoo For Cocoa Puffs crazy talk.

They'll still get as close as they possibly can, though. Just look at some of the idiots trying to pass state-level anti-sodomy bills.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?