I'm scared Trump will be president

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm scared Trump will be president
Trump will win and everything will be better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
01-03-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: I'm scared Trump will be president
(01-03-2016 08:19 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 08:10 PM)nerwin Wrote:  Does the president even have the power to merge church and state?
Not without the Supreme Court turning fascist enough to amend the 1st amendment, but that would be crazy talk, like seriously Cuckoo For Cocoa Puffs crazy talk.

He'll probably try though, remember "Christian Power!!!!" Lol. He's an idiot.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
01-03-2016, 08:22 PM
(01-03-2016 08:20 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Trump will win and everything will be better.

It'll be huge.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-03-2016, 08:22 PM
(01-03-2016 08:10 PM)nerwin Wrote:  Does the president even have the power to merge church and state?

No, and if he tries, good luck (not) to him. There are so many sects of xtianity alone, that just that alone would be such an in-fight it would amazingly funny, if it weren't so pathetic.
01-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Oh, and speaking of anti-sodomy bills...
Just be glad you live in the 21st century.

This proposed amendment from Thomas Jefferson for the state of Virginia was considered "progressive" for its day.
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/...IIs10.html
Amendment VIII - 1778 Wrote:Whosoever shall be guilty of Rape, Polygamy, or Sodomy with man or woman shall be punished, if a man, by castration, if a woman, by cutting thro' the cartilage of her nose a hole of one half inch diameter at the least.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
01-03-2016, 08:39 PM
(01-03-2016 08:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 08:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Relax. Nothing significant will change regardless of who is elected except that some of the people who convinced themselves that it's the end of the world might launch themselves into space in search of intelligent life. Other than that it'll be business as usual. A bunch of groupthink dominated politicians vetoing each other while the evil corporations make all the real decisions.

This is my take as well. Trump isn't allegedly "owned" by anyone in the political system, but he's going to have to work with people (allegedly beholden to someone) whom he can't just fire on a whim. As much as I joke about it, the Pres can't punch the nuclear button all by himself. Remember that Bill Clinton didn't even know about Area 51 until an F117A (and he wasn't briefed for THAT, either) got shot down- "Need To Know" in full force. The system in place is going to tell Trump exactly as much as he needs to get the job done, no more. This actually rather amuses me.

It is still going to be pretty disgusting to have such an ass as the President.

Only disgusting if you take the world seriously. I lost my last marble long ago Hobo

I just want to be entertained. I'll play by the rules if it's convenient, but ultimately I have freedom in the fact that there isn't anything this world can throw at me that I'm not willing to confront. If I live a long life and get to finish my retirement home on that property I recently got, awesome. If I look up and see a nuke heading my way, better believe I'm gonna crack one last inappropriate joke before it gets to me and leave this world with a psychopathic grin on my face and my middle fingers in the air.

Even If our next president succeeded in creating his promised utopia and solved all our perceived problems, suicide rates would skyrocket as people suddenly realize they no longer have a purpose. That all their problems have been solved, and somehow they're still not satisfied. Civilization, even the theoretically ideal version of it, is itself the problem. We're obsolete. Any cultural context that allows us to survive is by necessity in contradiction with our instincts and biological imperatives. No election, no new policy, no president can change that.

This election is merely another episode of the sitcom we call life.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
01-03-2016, 08:59 PM
(01-03-2016 08:39 PM)yakherder Wrote:  This election is merely another episode of the sitcom we call life.

How do I change the channel?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
01-03-2016, 09:01 PM
(01-03-2016 08:59 PM)nerwin Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 08:39 PM)yakherder Wrote:  This election is merely another episode of the sitcom we call life.

Look a different direction.

'Murican Canadian
01-03-2016, 09:01 PM

Sign up for that one-way mission to Mars. Might make for a nice change of scenery.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
01-03-2016, 09:07 PM

At some point you just turn the TV off.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus