I'm scared Trump will be president

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 06:17 AM
RE: I'm scared Trump will be president
(02-03-2016 06:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 08:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yeah, I think Trump may just end up being Americas rock bottom. At least once you've had Trump for prez the only way to go is up.

But everyone thought that about George W Bush ...

The guy that led to ISIS?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-03-2016, 07:09 AM
(02-03-2016 06:17 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 06:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  But everyone thought that about George W Bush ...

The guy that led to ISIS?

Yes. And Trump would still be worse than Bush.

I'm more scared of Trump than anyone, even Cruz. As was the case with Bush, Cruz is part of the establishment and therefore has an interest in maintaining the status quo to a certain extent. Trump will destroy everything in pursuit of self gain and narcissism. Not that I care about America but the rest of the world will suffer the fallout.

Trump compared to Bush or Cruz is like comparing a fascist leader to an authoritarian conservative state.

As to the OP, you may consider moving abroad if Trump gets in, and I personally would recommend it, but also be aware that anti-American sentiment would also increase. You'll need a T-shirt saying something like "I didn't vote for Trump".
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
02-03-2016, 07:31 AM
I find the threat which is quite dwindling more of Cruz more frightening. Because Cruz is still policy and mindset aligned to that 10% of the GOP party line that literally wants to disrupt the concept of government being effective except for for some reason, wanting to instill social policy & religious control.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
02-03-2016, 07:44 AM
(01-03-2016 08:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yeah, I think Trump may just end up being Americas rock bottom. At least once you've had Trump for prez the only way to go is up.

So, this is like Fight Club, you're saying?

* gets out the lye and kisses his own hand * "Can't be any worse than a Trump presidency."
02-03-2016, 07:47 AM
My worry is that the continued revival of fringe and hate groups will persist and get even stronger. The assholes in this country seem emboldened to come out of their holes with Trump spewing his drivel on the main stage.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Trump will either go too far or have a melt down if there continue to be protestors at his rallies.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-03-2016, 09:34 AM
(02-03-2016 08:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump will either go too far or have a melt down if there continue to be protestors at his rallies.

Yeah I'm sort of half expecting him to accidentally cross the line when he's tripping out on an ego rush. It's not too far in his mind from saying that he could shoot someone and not lose support to saying that he's more popular than Jesus. Or that he would rather punch a protestor's baby rather than kiss it.
02-03-2016, 10:39 AM
When did most Americans search for "how do I move to Canada?"

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
02-03-2016, 11:10 AM
I hate to spoil the delusions of so many people who think they're just going to up and move if Trump is elected, but most of the world is about as accepting of immigrants coming to take their jobs as the stereotyped American redneck. If you don't have a family relationship or an advanced degree that puts you in a position to fill a demand that can't be filled locally, you're pretty much shit out of luck.

And if you do happen to find an avenue through which to immigrate, chances are Trump's presidency would be almost over by the time your immigration application is approved. In regards to Canada, the one thing you have going for is if you decide to jump the gun and live here as a tourist off savings while you wait a few years for your residency or work permit, the Canadian dollar has been dropping like a rock relative to the U.S. dollar so you might be able to stretch it a little farther so long as you don't overindulge on increasingly expensive American imports.

'Murican Canadian
02-03-2016, 11:14 AM
And for the record, the recent runaways who joined the military, got deployment orders, then suddenly decided they were conscientious objectors and hopped the border into Canada are, after somewhat lengthy court battles, being sent back into the waiting arms of U.S. law enforcement where they are promptly arrested. It ain't Vietnam anymore. They don't hand out refugee status like candy.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post